Is hispanic a racial label or cultural thing?

Is hispanic a racial label or cultural thing?

Everytime I see "hispanic" or "latino" here, it's a racial label.

Other urls found in this thread:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/10/28/in-texas-its-hispanic-por-favor/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexicans_of_European_descent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Everytime I see "hispanic" or "latino" here, it's a racial label.
Because that "latino" shit is an american stereotype, latin america is a diverse region, too complex for their small brains.

not even one of these, it's a linguistic label

Perú will try their best!

It's cultural.

No, it isn't

it's supposed to be a cultural label but most people use it as racial label

it should be, but it isn't

Hispanic refers to the Spanish language. Language isn't a race.

I don't blame American ignorance too much.

Besides Uruguay, Argentina or Cuba, all of them look the same with a large majority mestizo native american and a very small white minority. Argentina is also becoming similar to the rest.

Also, if you are white, you sholdn't care about this.

Language is an important part of culture and even then the colonies got a ton of other things from Spain (customs, religion, food).

Check his flag again, buddy.

>I don't blame American ignorance too much.
>Besides Uruguay, Argentina or Cuba, all of them look the same

>"I don't blame American ignorance too much, but here's my idiotic, ignorant point of view"

do you know my culture? what do I have in common culturally with you?

idiot

It's only a language label and I cringe every time its used as a cultural or racial label.

Hispanic, religion and language are the same, Race isn't, you have a few Asians in Peru, native Americans, African Americans, Mulattos and Mestizos and also Europeans, from Italy or Spain to Germany, all are Hispanic, Latinos are also the Portugueses/Brazilians and France and his South/ Centro American colonies

ahaha

>I don't blame American ignorance too much.
>Besides Uruguay, Argentina or Cuba, all of them look the same

I want white Suidamerika now!

Why are you here?
Go to Germany or France, Spain is a Hispanic country.

Mestizos have been spanish nobility and citizens since 1523.

Faggot

If you don't like the reality of the Spain that is in the new world then keep quiet.

Romanian pieces of shit.

There’s actually been a thorough study done in the US about the whole “Hispanic/Latino” thing and how Chicanos view them.

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/10/28/in-texas-its-hispanic-por-favor/

Generally most in the US don’t really have a preference or maybe slightly prefer Latino, but Texas is a glaring exception, and the Chicanos there adamantly insist on the description of Hispanic instead of Latino.

A possible explanation for this is that Texas Hispanics are on average more conservative than ones in the rest of the US, and view the description “Latino” as a liberal political correctness term, and see the more traditional “Hispanic” description as less condescending.

>since 1523
untill when?
I haven't seen a mestizo in Spain in decades

hispanic - those whose speak Spanish
latino - those whose speak languages descendant from latin

Why would you not. big cool rainforests, nice mountains, nice rainforests. I wish the Dutch managed to conquer brazil but the natives killed them before the Portuguese could, and that Britain conquered rio de la plata. Could you imagine what affect that would have on the southern hemisphere. All of the southern parts of the old and new world belong to british, hilgher trade and higher populations. English everywhere you go, none of that half spanish half native bullcrap in Uruguay and Argentina. Only thing that would've matched is French keeping control of mexico and the Criollos being the dominant face still

You don't notice them.

Latinos are Portuguese, Italians, Spanish.

I'm a Brazilian.

It's an stereotype. Countries such as Bolivia, Peru, Chile, etc have nothing Latin on it except that they speak Spanish.

Some foods like tortilla, chorizo, guisos, paellas.

Tendency to leave home older, siesta (even though it's not as common as it used to). Traditional architecture. Music and some music instruments (like guitars).

Everything cultural that catholicism brings.

I won't mention anything related to literature because it would fall into "language".

We are not the same of course, but we do share some general traits that are present in all or almost all "Hispanic" countries.

we are part of Latin-America

if you refer the originals, yes - French, Italians, Spaniards, Portugueses and Romanians.

Mestizos are Spanish.

The label "Hispanic" is not based on genes, it's based on linguistic-cultural origin. However, since most Hispanics are Mestizos, meaning mixed European-Amerindians, "Hispanic" is often used interchangeably with "Mestizo" in common parlance.

It's completely linguistic. Hispanic has to do with Spanish speaking. Latino has to do with what their language was based on, so it could include the Brazilians and Cajuns.

Only tales like 30 days to get from spain to new world in 1500s, many people travelled between the two.

Hispanic means Amerindian and Iberian ancestry.

Hispanic is someone form Hispania.

Hispanic doesn't mean Amerindian ancestry. Don't make shit up.

Are you telling me that Cubans, who basically don't have Amerindian ancestry are not Hispanic?

Whatever the case, Ibero Americans are those that speak an Iberian language.

If they are Africans no, Africans are never Hispanic.

Amerindian+Spanish= Mestizo=Spanish
Blacks I don't care what they do.

this

>Cajuns
lol

Reminder that Argentina is a proud Amerindian nation of Amerindianish ascendance and these threads are fucking pointless and stupid.

No, you’re a bunch of dirty Italians. Argentina wishes it was an Amerindian country like it’s superior Chilean neighbor.

kys

Esto

It's linguistical-geographical
Spanish speakers from the Americas

Fuck off piece of shit.
May the Pachamama give me the skills to track your IP, go to your shitty house and flatten it with you inside ans knock up all your female relatives with my superior Amerindian seed.

Hispanic means just a Spanish country in general(Spain + colonies). Latino means countries in the Americas that are Iberian colonies(for example, Hispanic excludes Brazil while Latino includes it),

It exists because back in colonial eras it was less taboo to fuck an Indian in an Iberian colony than a northern British or French one. So there is much greater Indian admixture in those countries than in white Americans. Basically it's a mix of racial and cultural

The term "latim america" was created by Napoleon III of France ( or Maximilian I, I don't remember well) to legitimate the second mexican empire creating bounds between Mexican empire and the the French empire.

Thats, of course, to create a cultural identity and apart "us" from USA or England influence.

Bullfighting is great. Plus paella.

Guinea ecuatorial is Hispanic.

>hispanic
spain, portugal and their former colonies.
>latino
spain, portugal, france, italy, romania and their former colonies.

I beg to differ.

Brazilians who want to be latino: Commies, brown ones with inferiority complex "we must fight against imperialism" and so on

Brazilians who want to be latin: Euro diaspora with identidy crisis

I hate both terms, I only like Brazilian, just Brazilian.

Everything south of the border for us is brown amerindian spics.

I don't feel related to romance Europe neither latin america.

Brazilians would feel more at home with their Sub-Saharan African brothers sharing borders with Nigeria, Sudan and Congo.

I'm a proud bronze Huixilopochtli of my Quetzacoatl ancestry. I'm fluent in Nahuatl and Nezahualcoyotl.

Don't talk about my Popocatepetl in vain.

So funny, smart and original! You are incredible, ''hermano''!

Idem. Brazilians are Brazilians. We are "unique" (so what we think),

Canada South border, I suppose.

Funny how a good deal of Americans are actually more Amerindian-African than your average Latin American citizen

it's literally the official definition
be grateful you're grouped together with superior countries

Neither with them. Angolans speak the same disgusting Portuguese from Portugal and don't even like barbecue. Fuck Africa too.

>hispanic anything
>salsa music starts playing
awful

at the end of the day it doesn't matter as you're all slaves/rapebabies mutts

>Canada South border, I suppose.
Yeah, you subhumans flooded in and ruined the country.
>Funny how a good deal of Americans are actually more Amerindian-African than your average Latin American citizen
It was you spics flooding in here that caused that in the first place, you make no sense. The average American had blue eyes a 100 years ago.

>amerimutt the post

>literally the official definition

>2014
That proves my point.

race mixing has only increased since then lol

Nope
"according to church and censal registers from the colonial times, the majority (73%) of Spanish men married with Spanish women.[14] Said registers also put in question other narratives held by contemporary academics, such as European immigrants who arrived to Mexico being almost exclusively men or that "pure Spanish" people were all part of a small powerful elite, as Spaniards were often the most numerous ethnic group in the colonial cities[15] and there were menial workers and people in poverty who were of complete Spanish origin.[14]"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexicans_of_European_descent
Also macehuallis in rural areas, that would be the Aztec commoners, were monogamous and near universally married, which the Catholic church encouraged. While things may have gone differently elsewhere in the Americas the inquisition was established in Mexico not 10 years after the fall of Tenochtitlán with the express purpose of protecting the indigenous peoples from abuse by Europeans.

So nope, most of the mixing was consensual and took place long after.

this seems to be the case. Brazilians mostly identify with their african heritage as that is the most prevalent one in their country. Similarly, Argentina identifies mostly with their European heritage as that is the most prevalent in Argentina.

pol pls go

>Brazilians mostly identify with their african heritage

Nope. Fuck Africa. We are unique. And Argentina is just a bunch of light skinned mestizos larping as euros.

no, brazilians are black. This is undeniably fact. Cheer up, Thiago. All african countries are unique in their own special way.

>do you know my culture? what do I have in common culturally with you?
corruption

Ok, proxy. Kara boga

>pride about blue eyes
>characteristic of cowards and barbarians
>desirable trait just to women

Ok, my 44% germanized friend.

>butthurt apezilian denying argentinian racial superiority
it's okay my simian friend, you are always well received in africa.

>Nigeria
yes
>Sudan and Congo
it's Angola and Sao Tomé & Principe instead
but yeah there's a ton of nigerian cultural stuff in Brazil. i think even the world kilombo is from Nigeria

But blue eyes are beautiful
Even brown greeks described Gods of Olympus as a blue eyed and light haired

and those gods are all killed now
sooo...

"latin america" is a meme term coined by the french to expand its influence. It failed miserably at its job, but the name stuck and has been perpetuated by the burgers. Use should be avoided at all costs

> Cheer up, Thiago

DUDE...

**I'm not the quote one, but was close.**

Dude, Argentina was a great power, is a well place, more secure that the average Brazil, but you guys living in the past. Your guys just fuck up all.

Brazil is full of niggers and pardos, full of corruption and bad politicians, but still a more capable country than Argentina.

God! And Argentinean "don't know" why anybody likes them. Argentineans are, generally, extremely arrogant.

why do brazilians deny their africanness?

Brazilians whit African ancestry don't deny it. Brazilians whit no African ancestry just say the true: They not have African ancestry.

The last time I was in La Paz I was the biggest guy in the avenue

Im brazilian myself. I recognize what we are, and
Im proud.

Pic related, Brazilian people of the mighty african race.

I'm proud African and I love Argentinian culture too.

Is he hispanic/latino?

user, I think we should start using this as our flag. Our current flag has blue, too european.

Very ugly flag. Do something like Seychelles flag.

the word you're looking for is mestizo

Dude, use a Brazilian shirt is nothing. I'm black, surrounded of niggas and I can say: If 10% of Black Brazilians look like that, will be much. The miscegenation in black Brazilians are high. They don't look exactly as a African. They could be true Brazilians, probably they are, but this isn't the face of average black Brazilian. They are probably from the same family, same genetic pool.

Ok, I can see, you are just a shitposter. Probably an argentinean or even a Brazilian underdog using proxy.