Does Sup Forums think we can raise the minimum wage to 15$/hr in the US, since Scandies can do it?

Does Sup Forums think we can raise the minimum wage to 15$/hr in the US, since Scandies can do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

www120.zippyshare.com/v/H6D1FHep/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Rs9T6MYVDPw
youtube.com/watch?v=0RpdPzJgaBw
youtube.com/watch?v=RhJ3vH6tDjg
youtube.com/watch?v=gqYiFcBNBQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, just no

Why?

Yeah, gradually over a few years but it would certainly be possible. The US is the richest it has ever been by far. Making the 50's look like a joke honestly.

wages go up and so prices go up
you don't increase purchasing power by raising wages
this and other fallacies explained in this concise text

www120.zippyshare.com/v/H6D1FHep/file.html

>wages go up and so prices go up

No shit chief, the question is whether the price increase is enough to counteract the benefit of the risen wages.

We do not have a 15$ minimum wage, our wages are negotiated through unions.

"no"

Was I not clear? Read the book.

Right and we don't have either. I would prefer your system.

leave it up to the states

That's terrible...

I'm not reading a whole fucking book to answer your Sup Forums comment. We have a minimum wage to prevent our poorest citizens from reaching abject poverty and to keep them at a certain level. Without a minimum wage, these people would be much poorer.

Thats pretty much the current plan for every state that plans to go for the 15 wage min. I think its like over a 7 year period.

The only reason those states get away with it is because they have no defense budget to worry about. They'd be fucked if they had to start pitching in with shipping lane protection, ruskie protection force, etc.

Wrong again. You really should read the book. You're just flexing your ignorance on the subject.

If you make the country almost entirely white like those Scandinavian countries then yeah sure.

> purchasing power
Seriously?

no, but a minimum wage of, like, $9.50 would be alright imho

How does that make a difference?

That's not even enough to lift people off from poverty. That's the whole point of raising the minimum wage

Crazy how you can say basic facts on this board and it will always be disputed by some retard. The purpose of minimum wage is to stop low wages from going below a certain point, bottom line.

Problem faget?

Raising wages alone doesn't fix the economy. It does nothing but inflate everything.

You have to put up price controls (forbid things from going up in price to match wage increase) and adjusting wages to inflation (each year, the price of things go up incrementally by a percent or so) to ensure that wages remain livable.

Not gonna append your rhetoric about it stopping the poor from being any poorer this time?

If the minimum wage was 15$/hr:
>the cost of living would go up to compensate
>blacks still wouldnt work
>they would demand more welfare to keep up with the increased cost of living

I think Swedish minimum wage is 18,000 krona. Or am I wrong here?

Many people who are getting paid minimum wage would be paid far less without it, therefore they would be poorer. Is this hard for you?

Prove it.

I see the point of raising the MW is to put more money from the hands of larger corporations into the hands of the US consumers. Since consumer spending will go up now that people have more money to spend, the economy as a whole would be better off, at least in the medium term. And the point of having the minimum wage this low is that it won't lead to significant price inflation and would also incentivise people to look for higher paying jobs that would cause further economic growth.

When minimum wage is lowered, people getting paid the least, get paid less. This is so simple that it's fucking baffling you can't understand it.

What is it with autists and being incapable of producing their own argument? Nobody's going to read a book (that probably won't change their mind anyways) just to reply to a comment that will be archived in an hour.

To answer your question, raising the minimum wage will cause businesses to fire people in order to save money. This means they become homeless, out of work, and thus, poorer on average. Sorry you're arguing with a bag hammers.

>To answer your question, raising the minimum wage will cause businesses to fire people in order to save money. This means they become homeless, out of work, and thus, poorer on average.

Two things happen, prices rise and some people will be unemployed to compensate. The question is if those issues outweigh the benefits of those people getting a higher wage. Considering that every single developed nation on Earth has some way of having a minimum wage in the first place, it's safe to say that it has a net positive effect.

Does Sup Forums think poorfags can take responsibility for their own shitwreck and do better for themselves and their family?

I kind of agree, but there are way too many unemployed and homeless peolle for us to raise the minimum wage right now. We should at least let natural selection take place for a little while before the middle class shrinks even more.

I'm pretty positive that most people here are self hating poorfags or teenagers with no real world experience.

If we're gonna do eugenics bro, there are much faster and more efficient ways of doing it. Pay the top tier of people to have kids, don't pay the bottom tier to have kids.

We NEED to abolish the minimum wage.

Do it

Now

You can't just do that. We live in a two-party state. There would be way too mucg outcry. The government needs to stay socially accepted by the people in order for it to stay in power. Discretion is key.

I think a lot of people would be down with cutting unlimited welfare for ghetto queens having kids and implementing a genetic fitness program.

People that defend the minimum wage's existence need to be shot in the brain, honestly

I apologize for believing that a minimum payment to any employee must exist in order to stop for large businesses from exploiting less wealthy families that have no other options

>Best case scenario
Niggers now have an unemployment rate of over 50%. They riot and commit even more crime until the spics get redpilled and fight back

Do you believe the bottom of the barrel workers in the US have 15$ worth of productivity in them?

If they do, it might still be a bad idea but could work at least in theory.

If they don't then congratulations the unemployed have just turned into the unemployable.

Welfare-mongerers are the worst.

welfare more like is if not elware good dog bleass America all night if you know what I mean

What are you saying lmao

this video actually says it quite well

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs9T6MYVDPw

Seriously go fucking enroll in a high school econ course if you can't understand why a higher minimum wage fucks everything over. Not only do businesses have to raise prices on everything to cover their increased labor costs, but people who get decent wages now will have to get raises too because their pay rate will be too close to minimum.

>If I give you a raise you won't be a able to afford anything, trust me.
Very good goy, you've learned well

looks like someone could use a little MILK FREEZE TIME

youtube.com/watch?v=0RpdPzJgaBw

Not worse than nazi supporter supporter supporter supporters you fucking zionist HELP ME ESCAPE WITH MY LUGGAGE YOU FREAKY FRIDAY

>raise minimum wage
>prices go up
>minimum wage workers don't see a difference since they're making more
>the rich don't see a difference because they have so much money
>the middle class now earns as much as they did before but pays more for stuff
congrats retards

quality leafpost right here

I got a job that pats me 16 an hour no experience no diploma or ged at a market
Just find a better job
If I stay with this company I can be making 20 within 4 years

eat the rich

>middle class
>rich

Yea

and use the poor as toilet paper. genius idea your flag has stars and bars here's a cookie

youtube.com/watch?v=RhJ3vH6tDjg

Doesn't understand how capitalism works...

But there's only 1% of them in the world

Our minimum wages are not state enforced though, just strong unions. We literally have no minimum wage law.

capitalism is spelled with a capital ism you capmoral prison. if you want to swing at me all swiong back at you twice as hard like I just used a parachute on your lotus elisa brown. you want some sauce, I have the sauce

spice spice baby girls was alright union alright only if wage is at least that of the ceo I'll be ok. did you know that the rich people own more dongers than adams in the universe true really makes think fajita freeze break munch time break

youtube.com/watch?v=gqYiFcBNBQY

a love shack is a little ol' place where clinton x trump fanfics are made, and I mean BOTH clintons if you catch my catch