Donald Glover in talks to join "Spider-Man: Homecoming"

>The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Donald Glover is in talks to join the cast of Marvel/Sony's "Spider-Man: Homecoming" in an unrevealed role. The film will star Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, a role he debuted in during this summer's "Captain America: Civil War."

>This, of course, isn't Glover's first brush with the Spider-Man franchise. Prior to Andrew Garfield landing the role of Peter Parker in Sony's 2012 reboot, a fan petition was launched urging the movie studio to cast the "Community" star in the lead role. That didn't happen, but the fan art of Glover as Spider-Man then inspired "Ultimate Spider-Man" writer Brian Michael Bendis to create Miles Morales, the half black/latino Spider-Man. Glover came full circle with the role when he voiced Miles Morales in a 2014 episode of the animated series "Ultimate Spider-Man."

comicbookresources.com/article/donald-glover-talks-join-spider-man-homecoming-cast

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/donald-glover-joins-spider-man-902514
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Flash Thompson

GLOVER FOR OVERDRIVE

>yfw Prowler

>Donald Glover in talks

>Flash Thompson

Too old. He'll probably cameo as a cop or a highschool teacher or someshit that's nonessential to the plot.

Don't even do that to me.

He's probably too busy filming the new Kickpuncher movie

He's Spider-Man's hip new black uncle.

>but the fan art of Glover as Spider-Man then inspired "Ultimate Spider-Man" writer Brian Michael Bendis to create Miles Morales

Are you fucking kidding me. I don't mind Miles, but he's so fucking bland under Bendis.

Ned Leeds. I remember Feige talking about exploring Spider-Man's early supporting cast.

Robbie Robertson.

All these casting roles that don't fit anywhere within the most famous incarnations of Spidey, despite Spidey having a lot of supporting players is both intriguing and a bit unnerving.

He can still pull off a "college-aged" guy.

Curt Connors?

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/donald-glover-joins-spider-man-902514

Confirmed

Oh god damn it now you've got me hoping for Superior Foes again fuck you man why would you do this fuck

>Details of Glover's character are being kept secret
Shit. Any ideas as who he could be?

that could actually work.

Ned has been Asian before in Spectacular, so him being black isn't a stretch.

As long as there are no Miles Morales in thr MCU I'll be fine with whatever.

I'm hoping Doctor Strange introduces the idea of other dimensions to the MCU, which opens the door for Miles.

and Kurt Russel Fury

At this Miles Morales' uncle Prowler? Robbie? A New character?

He'll be added eventually who cares what you're fine with?

Spider-Nigger is shit.

Is he actually confirmed to be Venom?

>but he's so fucking bland
Sounds like Donald Glover to me

The details are being kept secret because they haven't even hired him. There are no details yet.

He's Peter's half-brother Ben Reilly.

What symbolism?

black organism brought into a new world by a white man who took advantage of its power and was later demonized when they didn't do nothing

Why do people put these kind of thoughts into things? You're racist as fuck if that is what comes to your head. Shows all uou see is skin color

>some fag on twitter

yeah and I'm confirmed to be your dad, sorry about all those missed child support payments

> some fag
> not knowing the glorious MovieBob

Calling it cool teacher who dies

>Black People can't be villains
My god movie bob stop it. You're not gonna get pussy like that.

>Mr. Negative turns the suit white in the sequel and suddenly he's a good guy

I can't wait!

>that Danny Pudi cameo in The Winter Soldier
>there will never be a fight where Glover and Pudi are having a totally-not-Troy-and-Abed-in-the-morning program interrupted by a superhero fight

He's playing the burglar that killed Uncle Ben

We're just a Shirley, Pierce, Annie, and Jeff away from having every community cast member in the MCU.

And Toby Spider-Man.
And Snipes Blade.
And Cage Rider.

>Chevy Chase as Vulture
>Jeff as Norman Osborn
>Annie as Black Cat

Calling it now, he's Uncle Ben.

> Screen-cap this.

Randy Robertson

He's either:
>Prowler (Hobie Brown)
>Phil Urich
>Tinkerer
>teacher at Peter's school

I am so fucking tired of people that do not read comics hyping up Miles. I'm black and I could not care less his stories are boring and his venom sting is op. I have a cosuin that is hoping he is Miles saying they don't have to follow the comics and hopes they kill peter in the first or second movie to replace him with miles.

I like Donald Glover, even like his music. But I hope for the love of god he is not Miles and that Miles doesn't show up

Joe Mchale for Boomerang
Danny Pudi for Speed demon
Chevy Chase for Silvermane

He's Rocket Racer. Screencap this.

Hopefully you told your cousin he has shit taste

Blame Marvel for pushing him and building up false expectations

One thing I never got is why push Miles when you already have a black Spidey-eque character in Prowler? Why not push Hobie Brown?

Always one of those characters I thought that'd work better in live action than in the books. His skateboard would be badass.

That a black guy must wear black, be a villain and a parasite to society.

Because names can carry characters for a little bit so less effort is required to actually make them good.
Black Spider-Man doesn't have to be good because he's Spider-Man, he just has to be inoffensive, but Prowler is nowhere near as popular so he HAS to be good for people to care.

Zendaya Coleman's characters Father.

Miles as Written in the Ms.Marvel comic is fantastic. We get a miles I want that one.

The isn't the Bee movie.

man i just want to see marvel incorporate mysterio into this movie, anybody have any idea who the main villian might be?

>Phil Urich
>also has a dead Uncle Ben
>also a reporter
>eventually becomes a villain

Ulrich would be really clever casting

Jesus, what a twisted mind you have.

You're seriously stretching it.

As South Park says, only real people get to be super heroes

maybe the nigger can be a sidekick or something, LOL!

I'm pretty sure marvel chooses the actors

Hey you know what I'm black if I could be Venom FUCK IT i'm gonna be Venom

Stop trying to rob a brother out of a pay day Chipman

Please be based prowler

>Sup Forums hates white characters being portrayed by black actors
>is okay with it when it means a black guy playing the villain

hmm

This would be much better than whatever the actual movie will be about

>Cage Rider
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Phil Urich
nice guess.

This. I get what he's saying about the symbolism and I don't even like Venom that much, but I would still jump at the chance to play him in a movie. You don't say no to an iconic character like that.

Miles

But the only one that would matter is Simmons JJJ

A black person playing Venom is racist?

Well, since he's coming up with the symbolism, maybe CHIPMAN is the real racist here.

What if he's playing Childish Gambino at a concert that Peter saves?

>maybe

Phil would be great, since they can finally connect the netflix shows to the movies

Kurt Russel is in GOTG2

A black person being demonized fits well

Triple J

>Phil Urich
I would be good with this.

I keep forgetting this movie is supposed to take place in New York.

No brooklyn no buy

BASED MARVEL MAKING SURE GLOVER WILL. NEVER. EVER. PLAY MILES

>Triple J

Triple J's wife's son

Now that's funny.

No, he's not gonna be Miles Morales, you idiots.

good.
Glover is like 32?, if they do Miles it needs to be a teenager.

Hypno Hustler. Cap this, I'm 100% correct. This isn't a joke.

>Can't play black evil Spider-Man (Venom) because racism
>But it's okay to forever associate him with and cast him as Miles Morales, a literal black Spier-Man

>Be Danny Glover and campaign to be Spider-Man

>Exec: "Sorry, niggers can't be Spider-Man when there is this much money involved. You can be one of the villains though, if you want. Do you want or not?

>Glover: (head droops in a sign of shame/lack of self respect) ...yes.

I guess he's insinuating that a black man playing a character that wears all black is racist? By that logic Black Panther is super racist

Didn't Prowler fight Miles?

>Ned Leeds
Ah shit Hobgoblin!

Bretta was in the MCU?

Didn't they just take the "d" off his last name?

>Zendaya Coleman's characters Father.

Would be even better is Zendaya's character is named Michelle Morales

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

> be lined up to play black Peter
> be turned down
> marvel makes black spiderman inspired by you
> voice black spidey I'm cartoon
> finally gets a role in a spidey feature film
> not Peter or miles
I'm still waiting for that next album to drop. I don't think his Musical career is over.

I want one final album, then I hope he either goes back to comedy or commits to film/tv.

>Everyone complaining that Pete's cast will be OCs when he didn't have everyone from Day 1
I think they're building up from who he had in high school and adding more students/teachers to make it actually feel like a high school. Kind of like Breakfast Club/Bueller/any other high school movie. They could go the Spectacular Route and add Gwen in HS and MJ as high school transfer (That "miss great personality" thing was gold. I'd definitely love to see that in the movie), but they're not obligated to. We'll get MJ eventually and possibly Felicia. This is only movie 1 and it's still a little over a year away.

>yfw Bruce Campbell is the villain

>He'll be added eventually

uh huh

and DC are making a Mexican Superman movie starring Diane Nelson as the love interest

Are we sure he inspired miles and it wasn't the other way around?

Either way as someone else said is probably a cameo that won't matter.

There's already a Phil Ulrich in the MCU and he is dead. Could be his son, though

How do you want MCU Spidey to end Sup Forums?
Grows old and heroes till he can't hero no more?
Dies in battle?
If so how old?
Should Miles be his successor or one of his kids?
Could they make him interesting?
Will Miles be interesting in comics in 10-20 years time?