1,287 days until Avatar 2

>1,287 days until Avatar 2

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/james-cameron-regains-terminator-rights-in-2019/
screenrant.com/terminator-6-arnold-schwarzenegger-james-cameron/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeh, i'm also happy that it's so far away. Got lots of time to enjoy life before that shit brings civilization down

Reminder that the first avatar movie came out 9 years ago.

0/10 you're just butthurt

Anyone else been here long enough to remember abatap?

>30,888 hours until Avatar 2

I hope he comes back. Would be great 2bh.

how did this fucking movie make so much goddamn money? its just an average sci-fi flick after all.

>tell normies its the best movie ever
>they go see it
>you already gave them their opinion on the movie, so they perpetuate the hype
>oh btw you HAVE to see this in theaters
>2.7 billion box office

Alright, listen here. From the day it was announced that the release of Avatar 2 was pushed from Dec 2018 to Dec 2020 I knew that Cameron would include Terminators in his new sci-fi universe. No, probably not the entire backstory with Skynet and John Connor and all that, but just the Terminator. Just the machine. Remember that T2 future war opening scene? We will get that on Pandora, except it's gonna be humans and Terminators against everything Pandora fights back with.

Why did the release date change make me think that? Because...

Franchise creator James Cameron — who has stayed on the sidelines since directing the first two classic films — is the beneficiary of changes in copyright law. Basically North American rights to the franchise revert back to him in 2019. That is because the copyright reversion now takes place after 35 years, and The Terminator was made in 1984.

slashfilm.com/james-cameron-regains-terminator-rights-in-2019/

But then why 2020 instead of just 2019? Because with that huge addition Cameron will have to rewrite tons of stuff to properly introduce them in the Avatar universe and to properly utilize them in scenes. With that addition you can write some new kickass action scenes.

"But wait!" you say. "That's still really farfetched."

Yes, it is. But that's not all...

Take your reddit spacing back to r/cuckold please

In May we got the news that the man himself, James Cameron, will produce Terminator 6.

screenrant.com/terminator-6-arnold-schwarzenegger-james-cameron/

What? James Cameron, the man whose been living and breathing for the Avatar sequels for almost a decade now is gonna take a break from that to produce the sixth movie of a franchise which he once described with the words 'the soup's kind of been pissed in.'? According to the news it's not just gonna be a sequel. It's gonna be a reboot. Reboot in what way? In a way that would make it possible to meld the Terminator universe and the Avatar universe? In a way that would make it possible to have Terminators appear in the Avatar sequels?

Let's summarize:

>The Terminator rights will revert back to Cameron in 2019

>Avatar 2 has been pushed back from 2018 to 2020

>Cameron will produce the next Terminator movie even though he's had no desire whatsoever to do so in the past and even though he's up to his neck in work for the Avatar sequels

Why would Cameron, a workaholic and perfectionist and Avatar fanatic to the core, drop his Avatar work to work on Terminator 6? Because it will be the connection between the two universes.

It sounds so campy and dumb, but i guess it could be alright

Hope you're wrong, though

I remember how Sup Forums predicted it will be a huge flop because BLUE PEOPLE. Good times.

REPLIED!

But how? Seriously how the fuck? It's not an interesing premise, it's not really the most famous A list actors ever. And it's an original IP not based on the fame of any book, series or game. And the effects aren't really that impressive either.

Imagine being such an autistic retard that you're actually excited for a sequel to a movie that came out 5 years ago and was forgettable at best.

Foreigners are the reason why Avatar was so successful. It made 2 billion outside of the USA.

Domestic is still over 760 million dollars.
Compare that to Captain America: Civil War with 408 million dollars domestic.

i've never seen an actual avatar fan in my life. i have no idea who the fuck is actually waiting for all these movies to come out or how it made s o much money to begin with.