Who here /Hard Quit Capeshit/?

Who here /Hard Quit Capeshit/?

We need to stop financially supporting soulless toy commercials with no artistic value. I will only see a capeshit movie if it is helmed by a genuine artist, and is not part of a "cinematic universe".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zUw_uOHtO70#t=16s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I haven't seen the last 2 or 3. I've just gotten jaded because of Sup Forumsm

This is good. These boring movies should not have the privilege of getting your money. Spend it on a FilmStruck subscription.

I've never heard of filmstruck. I'll check it out.

I just watch if it shows up on netflix, HBO, starz, etc.

Cinematic universes and the rise of continuity are the best things to have ever happened.

Marvel Studios has heart and that's why people love them. You can complain about production values or whatever you want, but they aren't soulless. The creators care about these characters.

Capeshit has literally never been better

>decent actors like ben kingsley, rdj, paul bettany getting involved
>directors, producers, etc actually putting creative effort into movies (see also; gotg 2, dark knight rises, wonder woman)
>movies actually resemble the comics they come from

Watch some shit like Daredevil, Electra or Steel and see for yourself how godawful capeshit used to be. To be clear, I'm not saying all capeshit is good, Logan is fucking overrated and Thor 2 is straight-up bad, but considering summer blockbusters used to be worse than AIDS, we're lucky as fuck

Good marketing, guys. Job well done.

Superheroes movies were fine until the advent of the cinematic universe. After Iron Man, every movie just felt like a factory produced product. Marvel Studios films are entertaining, sure, but hold no artistic value beyond the two hours you sit watching it. It's pretty much the fun thing you do as an excuse to get with some friends and have a good time.
The movies just feel inorganic to me. I honestly don't get why people love Guardians so much. When the first trailer dropped, I thought it looked like an inspire film that would break the mold of the MCU's homogeneity. And then it's just the same thing, with some interesting visuals and really cringeworthy jokes (seriously that movie is not funny).
We have funded movies with characters that interact at the expense of movies with vision and directorial flair and touches. Burton's Batman kills people and the origin is changed, but the designs and visual motifs of that movie are genuinely unique, and will likely never be paralleled in a DCEU Batman film. Another great example is Batfleck. People say that he is the best Batman. Why? Because he has a really cool fight scene, and the costume looks cool. That's it. If you really watch Nolan's Batman, besides the voice, Bale turns in a fairly nuanced performance for a man dressed as a bat and it's that seriousness and intensity that make watching it so much more compelling.
Are these movies meant to be high art? No, but in the past, filmmakers would at least try to bring something unique to the characters and settings and iconic events and moments from the comic books. Because of the need for every movie to gel and intersect in predictable ways that really aren't necessary, we sacrifice any artistic merit

TLDR; Capeshit sucks

And I should clarify that I meant this genuinely though exaggerated a bit. While it seems cancerous to indie film makers, nothing is preventing those people from making movies and having them be seen.
Having people now care about continuity now opens up so many creative opportunities for collaboration and the seemingly untapped well of enjoyment known as world building.

it's hard to quit every capeshit if you have friends
now >we have in plan to see Ragnarok, new spidey and justice league
and this year we have already seen guardian of the galaxy and WW (not suicide squad cuz i was ill in thatb period)

The last capeshit movie I saw was the first Avengers. Haven't seen any of them since.

I'm just waiting for Phase 3 to wrap up, then I'm done. I invested some attention so far, and I want to see the conclusion.

I disagree with that sentiment honestly. The light tones and somewhat characters are what deceive you into thinking these films are made with genuine passion. Any really creative input for these movies are stifled by studio meddling, the best example being Edgar Wright's Ant-Man.

>1000 NEETS stop watching capeshit
>Disney loses out on $15,000 of its $500 million per movie average

ayy lmao

I miss when superhero movies felt different. The dark seriousness of Nolans Batman movies is far removed from Raimi's campy Spider-man movies, but they both felt like they were made by a director with a vision. I miss that.

>conclusion

You people don't understand the merits of having a fictional world built from with which to tell stories. Waiting for the MCU's "conclusion" is like waiting for your own.

I usually don't go to movies with my normie friends, and I feel bad about it. We were going to all go see La La Land, which I was actually excited to see, but I had to work late. Honestly, I crave interaction so much, next time they ask me, I'll probably go to whatever boring superhero movie is showing.

I knew as soon as I said that I'd sound like a shill.

>We were going to all go see Oscar Bait Musical, which I was actually excited to see

Please present thy breasts for all to bear.

Are you really going to tell me that WW and GOTG2 have any real creative aspects, besides the things they adapt from the comics? Cinematic universes are just promoting mediocrity, we had higher highs and lowers lows before it. Frankly, I'd rather take The Dark Knight and some stinkers like Catwoman and Steel than a few 5 or 7/10 movies that are competently made and that's about it.

I'm a man. I just love the old Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly movies, and I wanted to see a modern take on them. It's gotta be on Netflix pretty soon, right?

I'll see Infinity War because that's what all of this bullshit is building up to, but then I'm out.

I just can't bring myself to care anymore.

Capeshit is for children

only recent one I thought was actually good in years was Logan
Also don't mind Guardians of the galaxy because those have scifi elements

Capestuff is specifically for non-cinephile straight males.

If you think capefilms are boring, you're either a woman or have feminine tenancies and cannot fathom concepts such as "action" or "friendship and character interaction" and mistake them for made-up ideas like "hyper-masculinity".

If you think capefilms are "churned out on a conveyor belt and therefor have no merit", you are what's known as a hipster or "cinephile" and a copy of your idea was ironically processed by hipsters before you and delivered the same way.

I quit after Dr Strange. Maybe I'll pirate the Infinity Wars just to see how they end it but other than that I'm done

I haven't seen any Capeshit since Iron Man or Watchmen came out. I even forget new ones are advertised since they all look so forgettable and bland.

>I quit after Dr Strange.
Stopped reading at "I'm done".

Well yeah that's where my post ended

Yeah that was the point in my response to you saying you quit after the 14th out of 15 Marvel movies.

Me too, actually. I saw Logan but no more MCU and DCEU for me

I quit /capeshit/ a while ago.

The next step is to quit /re-shit/, no (soft) reboots, no remakes, no sequels or prequels made decades after the originals.

With the odd exception (Dredd, True Grit), you will find that you end up only missing out on garbage.

>dude if you don't like our movies you're a retard xD

There's like 9 left just in the MCU alone

Help your friends by excusing yourself from these movie nights. Simply say you weren't impressed by the movies in these franchises so far and would prefer not to see the current line-up in the theater.

If you're polite about it and suggest some alternatives, they might eventually come to realize they've been consuming expensive trash for the last 10 years.

Don't put words in my post. There's nothing wrong with being female or gay. And being a hipster is fine as long as you accept that people can see through you.

There are 15 MCU movies currently out. Are you getting that number from the unreleased ones that have been announced? Because they're not going to stop at 24.

i havent seen capeshit in theatres since the first avengers. i was in hs and even then i was sick of it.

>if you don't like our movies you are female or gay xD
mcu movies are specifically targeted at women, with shirtless hot dudes who are strong and assertive, but are accompanied by a smarter, wiser and stronger woman who leads them through life, and that's true for every single mcu mc in any of the movies.
Does this shill tactic work on anyone? Just curious

Well I CAN tell you that you're not female or gay. But your body is translucent and your insides light up under the sun.

An endless continuous universe works for comics because they can ignore the passage of time, but actors get old. Once these people aren't physically fit anymore, they'll be forced to conclude whatever storyline they have going on, then maybe pull a JJ Trek-esque reboot in an effort to seamlessly recast everyone with younger actors and keep the money train going.

OR they could try to keep the original universe going by introducing new character to carry on as the old ones retire/take on a supporting role, but I'm not sure the masses would be down with an Avengers movie in which the lineup is something like Thunderstrike, 3-D Man, Tigra, Living Lightning and Demolition Man.

I love the mental gymnastics involved in justifying yourself watching a franchise aimed at teenage girls

>OR they could try to keep the original universe going by introducing new character to carry on as the old ones retire/take on a supporting role

That's literally what they're doing. Feige has said before the most they'll do for each character is a trilogy. That's why Black Panther and Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange are all happening. Avengers 5 is going to look very different character-wise. Hell, Infinity War's cast won't be much like the first one.

We're not talking about [thing you like], we're talking about the critically acclaimed MCU.

>dude the critics are on our side xD
do you get paid at least?

One of us has consistently used a meme emoji and the other has made an argument while speaking like a person. Anyway, while general consensus movie review scores are often unhelpful to many individuals of varying taste, an overwhelmingly positive or negative response is typically a good indicator of whether or not a film is well made.

Yeah I'm surprisingly alright with fox movies.

Fox's movies aren't as popular so you don't feel like you have to pretend not to like them.

I know they're doing it, my point was that I don't think these new characters will be able to hold the same level of interest once there's no more Iron Man, Captain America, Thor or Hulk. These new actors will also age fairly quickly, Comberbatch and Boseman are 40, Paul Rudd is almost 50. You'd think they'd be casting people who can comfortably play the characters for another 20 years or something. Although they do have a really young Spider-Man now, maybe their plan is to just rely on him.

Yeah, got it buddy, I like the X-Men movies, huge blockbuster movies that many have seen, because I'm a contrarian

I re-watched some of them recently because I forgot what had happened over the intervening years

It's not about that though. They don't want to have these people grandfathered into movies that won't come out until 30 years from now and god knows the actors don't want to literally sell their soul. Tom Holland does, and that's fine because Spider-Man actually DOES age and DOES have interesting storylines pertaining to him as a child or him as an adult. But even that doesn't matter because Sony will be pulling him out after the sequel.

Remember that nobody even knew what Iron Man was before 2008. The Hulk is about the only one who had near Superman-tier levels of recognition. They're going to forever do what they've done from the beginning. Introduce new characters, have them team up, repeat.

I watch them to piss Sup Forums off tbqh

also I can't stand X-men shit so I don't like Fox. I never got the appeal for x-faggotry

Have you watched Legion? That shit was cool.

Plus Aubrey Plaza is the villain and she fucking crushes it in every single scene she's in.

That's right. They break continuity and basically reboot with every film, jump across 4 timelines concurrently and are all over the place in terms of quality. Basically the opposite of the MCU which makes it good in your contrarian eyes.

I generally hate television so no I haven't, also I thought the fat guy was the villain? don't spoil

I used to be pretty interested in marvel capeshit, even kept up on comics.

Then guardians of the galaxy came out and I thought it looked so stupid and uninteresting, and seeing all the mouth breathers slop it up left a bitter taste in my mouth and I dropped all that shit completely.

I saw avengers 2 and wasn't impressed, haven't seen a marvel movie since.

>Then guardians of the galaxy came out and I thought it looked so stupid and uninteresting, and seeing all the mouth breathers slop it up left a bitter taste in my mouth and I dropped all that shit completely.

I rest my case, thread. You people don't watch it because other people like it.

No spoilers in the clip, but you should watch the show

youtube.com/watch?v=zUw_uOHtO70#t=16s

contrarianism is the life blood of nu4chan (circa 2011)

Let the kids have their fun.

I hate Feige for treating Agents of SHIELD like the red-headed stepchild

It's fucking Coulson. Acknowledge them you cunt

The TV section of Marvel is run by Ike Perlmutter, who is a crotchety old jew that makes sure the TV productions (including Netflix) are made with as little money as possible. He's a fucking asshole and Feige and his crew hate him, so they distance themself as much as possible

No one reads comics anymore, all this stuff is fresh to most people.

>Capeshit has literally never been better

Ang Lee Hulk
Thomas Jane Punisher
Mic Cage Ghost Rider

Literally all better than the MCU movies

The MCU was an ambitious project that actually worked