quickposes.com/pages/timed
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
knockdownbitches.tumblr.com/post/125808146962/024-in-which-someone-refuses-to-chill-were
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag

Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

>*-Finally, here are some links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV

>*-Here’s the contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>*-We also got a SKYPE CHAT room going on,
To join the chat, seek out 'starlinemike' or 'scribblehatch' and they'll add you in.

>*-We also got a DISCORD CHAT going on, ask for an invite in the thread.

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

first for suck trinity is a scam

Second for cows?

TOTALLY forgot to comment on this one.

There's the obvious color-coded bubbles, like we use in Miss Melee, but it's only obvious from the start that it's X character if that character has a specific color associated with them, which you use as the background for the color-coded bubble, like I do with Miss Melee and purple when she's narrating or thinking. Otherwise, if you want to do color coding, it'll take a short bit (as little as one page if you do it right) for the reader to get that "OK, this color is with THIS character, and THAT color is with THAT character, etc." Or, you could do a thing I see occasionally where they put the character's head at the corner of the bubble or narration box.

You can see how I handle color-coded text boxes, yellow background for general narration or a non-MM character speaking off-panel (but not FROM off-panel, if that makes any sense), and purple for Miss Melee herself.

Now Dewd finally has something to blame for the failure of his comic "career". Now he won't learn anything and keep telling himself that his art is good.

REposatn

Not sure if this dialogue in panels 6-8 actually flows bad or if I've just stared at it for too long.

Yeah, that'd work, but it feels a bit out of place here, I think. I've already used coloured speech bubbles to denote inhuman voices, like ghost speech, talking cats or people in the throes of possession. Maybe just a light tint, rather than full on brightly colored bubbles. That'd fix the issues with the bubbles not standing out very well against the white sky, too.
Having little chibi faces next to the bubbles works well (and it lets you see the character's face, too), but it always seems super silly to me, so that's an option of last resort.

Been writing my first season's penultimate episode, ''Bedfellow''. A lot of loose ends to keep track of when heading into the finale, ''What We Become In The Dark''.

After I'm done writing this season, I can finally start developing the visual side of things and after some feedback and editing, hopefully I'll make this a real comic. Hundreds of pages to draw, Jesus, it's pretty overwhelming when I think about it now.

Is this intentionally drawing a parallel between the woman's eternal pregnancy and the way milk cows are regularly inseminated to keep their milk production high?

>seasons
>episodes
>comics
Whaaaa

On the topic of color coding narration boxes, here's a slightly different take on it by you-know-who, pic related.

I myself prefer to focus on the character as they begin narrating, readers will assume they're narrating and will continue to do so unless you do something to make them think otherwise. I feel that this trick can be performed much more subtly with some proper camera work and composition.

I like to treat my comic as a ''tv show''.

>Is this intentionally drawing a parallel between the woman's eternal pregnancy and the way milk cows are regularly inseminated to keep their milk production high?

I figured they're at a cow farm I better draws some cows. Then again you probably knew that.

Any particular reason?

No, I was just struck by the similarity and wondered if it was intentional.

Eh, just comes more naturally and makes more sense to me personally, than talking about chapters and volumes and all that. I watch tv more than I read so that's probably why I use tv terms.

Also, as long as we understand each other, the words don't matter to me.

I guess I repost mine and hopefully to

Wow, I really love the nigtmare carrian girl design.

It look like you been watching the movie called the "fly". Or a movie with the freaky witches.

>Yeah, that'd work, but it feels a bit out of place here, I think
You're totally right. It's a method that's better suited to a humor comic or a slice of life.

>I guess I repost mine and hopefully to

Snap, I was too distracted by the Carrion girl comic. I'm going to say that I am going to finish two pages and redraw "THE COMIC 4" this week.

oh oh oh i know
skeggy's word bubbles are spiky on top
skalmy's have a pointy nose poking out of one side (though that would be confused with the bubble's tail...)

Thanks!
I think you're thinking of "The Witches" from 1990. I think the monster designs from both of those movies are a lot more slimy-gross than Skögul here, but I'll happily take any compliment thrown my way.

Well, I wouldn't say it's inherently less serious to have sometimes-colored speech bubbles, just that it's a wonky fit for the way I treat speech bubbles.

that's how i tend to write stories. i still call my comics episodes sometimes.

>money in his back
Unless it's literally inside of his body, it should be either "on his back" or "in his pack"

>I am sick of sharing my stuff to jerks
Think this should be "I WAS sick of sharing my stuff WITH jerks".
Personally I'd make it "with those jerks".

>steal a item from it
Should be "steal AN item" because "item" starts with a vowel.

Heh, that'd work too. Seems a little more silly than I'd want, though.

Oh, no, I was talking about the
>put the character's head at the corner of the bubble or narration box
Which is what I thought you were originally referring to.

a little. but i think it's the best compromise, since your comic already has word balloons as its sole conceit, even eschewing motion lines

Thanks user.

I wish I can marry you and absorb all your grammar knowledge.

Well, I think I can pull it off with just writing, or even changing the panels a bit. Else I'll do some subtle coloring, like having the tails fade to a pale yellow or red. Literally shaping the balloons like the characters' heads is getting a bit too cartoony.

>I wish I can marry you
Should be "COULD marry you" but I'll be darned if I can explain why tenses work that way for hypotheticals.

Anyway, at the rate you've been improving we'd be just another blip on the divorce statistics before too long.

hypotheticals are weird
i still mostly reject that whole 'changing was to were in hypotheticals' bullshit.

So far behind. Stupid life keeps happening.

c'thulu-chan is so kawaii

>randomly occurs to me to make a character kind of embarrassed about the dramatic thing they're saying, and have them just interrupt, turn to the others, say 'this is stupid' in an inset panel, but be egged on to do it anyway, then continue as normal
>but no matter how i think about it, that wouldn't be in-character
this is one of those things where if i write down to do it later, i'll forget what the fuck i'm talking about and never integrate it into anything I do in the future

After what seemed like an eternity, I finished the second saga of Knockdown Bitches! If anyone could give it a read and tell me what you think, it'll be greatly appreciated! It starts from here: knockdownbitches.tumblr.com/post/125808146962/024-in-which-someone-refuses-to-chill-were

Do any of y'all shill your shit on IG? Getting ready to drop my comic but want to get some buzz too.

I have a friend who's a professional photographer and she has a massive following on Instagram, but that's photography. I doubt it's anywhere near as effective for comics.

This week's update finally has the kids back in focus. I really missed writing them. Four-pager.

Shilling within the Imperial Guard is a misconduct worthy of flogging. And that's if the Commissar is feeling generous. The Commissar never feels the good sort of generous.

>poot
I love that creepy cat.

>Any particular reason?
We do that too. More of a pacing thing to keep in mind. Sometimes themes and events go on for more than one issue, or just part of one issue to be picked up again later on a more subtle level. It is more tv-based thinking than monthly comic-book thinking in terms of pacing and story structure; or at least that's how I think of it.

Color-coded boxes can work. When Aethon talks out of focus his bubbles are orange-lined and his lettering is red. Conrad had a yellow/red thing. Crops up more with Jam and Sammy who are red/blue respectively.. But those were just the lines around the bubble rather than the bubble itself (for the most part). Though you don't seem to use lined bubbles.

They courted us, but their terms were't desirable for our work and their website left a lot to be desired. It is always nice to be wanted, I suppose. But we opted away. That video for an intended hashtag campaign was also somewhat cringe-inducing. A windy day, a fedora, and using the camera microphone do not make for appealing marketing strategies within this genre; especially when coupled with the typos and poor site design.

Write out the scene and save it, along with the note of what you were going for. "How is this my life" moments are always kind of fun to do.

forgot your links!
not that you need em or anything

Oh we haven't updated yet. It is only Tuesday.
But thanks for that.

Yeah I thought it was a little early. but you said shit like 'this week's update' and '4-pager' and my mouthdogs got all pavslobbery

My bad mate. Just here to post one panel that doesn't really spoil anything or isn't unintentionally lewd.

Plus so I could post some of the other things. How is your comic going?

lately sketching seems to take 2 days and linearting 2 days, leaving me very little time to color when i'm trying to do the whole thing in 2 days. something's wrong as fuck with me, i'm getting distracted too easily.

still, results are fine. starting to feel that weird feeling of knowing i'm winding down soon, and how fucking weird that's going to be when it's been a nearly-every-day part of my life for this many years. i mean it was weird enough last time, but i had college to kind of mask the transition

Well it is summer. Maybe go take a swim, have a you-day, acclimate. I can only really get back to writing proper if I spend a day digging a pit.

What's your next project looking like? And when do you expect to be done? I'll try to get out my critique before the end date if possible; but it is a lot to sift through.

as soon as i can find a clothing optional swimming location, maybe. right now it's hot as fuck and i hate it. also frizzy hair and rashy skin, swimming isn't my best thing.
>next project
well there'll always be more kiwi day someday. current plan is (trying not to overplan because i'll get too attached and be unable to give it the time it deserves to incubate.. and also i need to get better first)
>regular dude with lion ears and tail, searchin for his dad. possibly home village destroyed in RPG cliche.
>yellowgreen-haired tan airhead girl
>cute cloaked albino vampire girl
>Cal, Soroban and Ninjin's kid
all go adventuring in the same ol' lands except a group of dinosaur people (based on a torn-off-tape-stain i looked at every day on a bus stop wall for years) has moved in claiming it was their territory all along, and changing up the status quo.
but in between, I've always wanted to do a Prequel-except-Zelda-instead-of-whatever-game-Prequel-is
>when do I expect to be done
like... a year? Probably inside of a year. It'd be neat if the number ended up being 999 again, but I doubt that'll happen. Like, about how long it took them to get through Kinda-Asia.. which I think was about 14 months.

I don't have any new previews to post. This is the last page of chapter one and a lot of the panels could be a bit spoilery.

Actually lost like an hour or three of progress when photoshop crashed. It was pretty disheartening, but I managed to redo it all and gain some ground after that.

Oh, and I'm still looking for guest pages to run between chapters. If anyone has the time or inclination. I'm armguy on tumblr if you want to get in touch.

>that smile
Delightful.

Finished this page!

>that feel when you want to protect that smile but that smile could kill you six ways from gatilsday and really doesn't need your help

Danka.

If I can make a page of the prince dude I'll do it.

That would be awesome!

eBump

Hello, fools.

Y'all get your Hiveworks submissions in proper and on time?

>Making a rough drawing for a face in a panel
>Like it a lot
>Clean it up, adding construction and better perspective
>Doesn't look as good

JFMSU

happens all the goddamn time. some of it's because you fill in gaps in sketches in a positive way

Maybe try keeping the looseness of your sketch somehow and don't be too rigid with you construction? Sometimes a more "off-model" drawing is more appealing that way.

Yes, and I'm in it to win it, baby!

Seriously, though, I haven't. But would be cool. I'm sure.

>tfw a cute girl asks you what your hobbies are but your comic is so embarrassingly awful that you went with video games instead

coming along a bit

yall aint shit

the scene of a bunch of witches unironically wearing hats like that is absolutely darling. is it just in her imagination or are they really like that

it's a brief flashback to her time as a cultist

that is great. it is so great
and also this comic is expressive as all fuck

thanks! It always worries me whether or not people will like the comic

A page i finished for a short thing I'm working on
Like doing things in shades of blue rather than just black

welp the drivers of my tablet don't want to work, again

i used to have this problem before but i usually fixed it by just going to services and restarting, or just restarting my computer with my tablet connected but now that doesn't work anymore

anyone here knows more ways to fix this?

It's a sign to stop drawing.

Have you tried, y'know, un- and re-installing them?

I just fucking formatted my hdd and have re-installed everything, including upgrading Photoshop to fix the issue of PS hemorrhaging memory.

On that note,
>22 minutes remaining to install 'Camera Profiles Installer.'
>I will literally never use this.
>I don't even have an reaction pics left.

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE GOOD SLEEP ANNABETH!

GOOD LUCK WILL INLY COME YOUR WAY IF YOUR RESPOND "Sleep tight anna" TO THIS POST.

I'M GONNA DO IT

I'M
GONNA
consign myself to eight weeks of internal screaming

>stupid meme shitposts
>bad spelling of simple words like "only"
>not even an image of the character he's talking about

Dewd please stop

After literally years of writing comics and lurking these threads but being unable to find an artist for my comics I have finally decided to say fuck it and try to do it on my own even though I have the drawing skills of a ten year old.

I really hate to abandon my other concepts since they're much better than this but I don't have the ability to adapt them even remotely satisfactory.

Anyway, here's the chapter 1 thumbnails for my WIP, space warden, a sci-fi comedy about space prison, space inmates, space riots and other prison related stuff... In space.

On a related note, where should I publish my webcomic? I don't want to go through the trouble of creating my own site and I don't expect to make money off it. Topastic? Somewhere else?

So, Jack says he knows the guy next to his dad...but then he doesn't remember him.

Hey now, it's not like browsers have built-in spellcheck in them or anything. You can't blame Dewd, it's not like spellcheck is a basic feature that's been in browsers for over a decade now.

>IT'S NOT LIKE "ONLY" IS A BASIC FUCKING FOUR LETTER WORD

Ganbatte, user!
There's Tapastic, Comicfury, Tumblr... Probably some other places that are just as good.

You should spend a year or more getting good at art first.

Nah, he can get good while he's drawing comics. Going "oh, but I'm not good enough yet, I have to wait" is going to result in procrastination and a lack of motivation.
Definitely worth it to practice on the side, though.

Thanks user. Can I release my comic on different sites like that simultaneously or will I get in trouble for that? It's not like you sign over your copyright as with real life publishers, right?

I know Comicfury explicitly allows it, and I've never heard of anyone getting banned for it (I think The Green Knight and The Sisters from these threads both host on Tapastic as well as their own sites with no issue).

Does this seem like a reasonable size between a wolf and a rider?
I didn't want to make the wolf too unreasonably big, but I also don't want it to look too silly when Skalmöld's riding it.

This is the most invaluable piece of advice I can give any creator desu

dewd pls go

Say what you want about tumblr, but it knows the feels of an artist.

3rd one looks best. Also, I think you should draw more nudes. Suddenly all your characters (or at least the girls) are nudists.

>no glaring spelling errors or grammar mistakes

Congratulations

New versions of PS have an autosave feature. FUCKING FINALLY

Kawaii.

>3rd one looks best
>I was trying to make them all the same relative size

As for nudism, I don't think it would work out so well in winter.

After months of people screaming at Dewd to type his dialogue in Word to spell and grammar check it, he finally started doing it.

Sketch on the left is atrocious desu

he has a wall of pictures, as i recall from a long-ass time ago.
browsers have spellcheck now? yeesh

realistically no, that's maybe a 250 pound wolf.
buuuut if it's even a little bit magic it should be able to carry her okay. in terms of basic physics as long as he was strong enough for his back not to buckle, it's not like her feet are dragging on the ground (as long as she rides sidesaddle like that all the time)
i used to think just 'big / more rideable versions of animals' were the dumbest things to add to fiction, but i dig them now, and there seems to be more tradition behind wargs than solely tolkien. I say go for the big size. Not too ludicrous, not like.. mononoke hime huge, but like, liger huge.
cant disagree with this. love me a scandinavian attitude towards the body
inside it does!
though that isn't enough, because of homonyms. we also told him to write down little notes for the easily confused words, and he did. good job little guy.

He's still a retard.

Evidence: he signed on with Blu trinity Publishing, which is one level of competence away from scam.

Yeah, he just looks kind of familiar. But then leafy magically gives him the knowledge who he is.

Those were only memories he was recording after he joined the team.

And even then, they all went up in flames after the house blew up.

ohh yeah. okay i'm up to speed now
you know when this is all over i think you're going to have a pretty good story to look back on. and that's not something i ever expected to care about in this comic

Well, Harro joined them too.

There's a lot of people in this thread that seem quite ready to hand of their comics. I guess seeing it as some kinda of level of "making it."

Getting asked, even if by a nobody, is probably exciting. Even though it's just as possible to do it yourself without the middleman.

I'd rather make it on my own terms, or at least somewhere where I fit in better.
If there was some kind of 'league of retro webcomics' (i guess we'd call it a 'webring') i'd hop on that train

Harro made a mistake.

Dewd deserves the bad deal, because he's an idiot and his comic is garbage.

But Harro is far too talented to be slumming it up with a shitty publisher like that.

WIP of the last page in this chapter!

So, you finally decided to get rid of the subtlety?

It's not even in his mouth you lazy cunt.

>bad deal
I'd say the publisher got the bad end of that deal, considering his grade school art project of a comic makes the catalog look like a joke.