Toonami Ratings for 6/11/16

There will be a marathon on July 2nd, we should know which show by this Saturday

By next Saturday we should know what is replacing Champloo

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. A sneak peak will be shown at the Annecy Festival this Wednesday. It's in France at about 3pm so whenever that is in Burger time

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last week was a little rough, but hey maybe the poorly advertised schedule shift was to blame. This weeks ratings show that's not the case. All of Toonami is up slightly from last week, but still not performing like it was when it started later.

11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai 1310 0.61 779
12:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 1116 0.54 683
12:30a Hunter X Hunter 1086 0.51 647
1:00a Samurai Champloo 962 0.46 584

1:30a Naruto: Shippuden 852 0.40 509
2:00a One Piece 766 0.35 450
2:30a Parasyte: The Maxim (r) 685 0.31 393

Other urls found in this thread:

adultswim.com/misc/time-rift/
youtu.be/1rPxiXXxftE
youtube.com/watch?v=qB9q7Zm-cvI
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rendezvous
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ATHF still isn't doing good, but this level of improvement should buy it a few more weeks at least

8:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 0.43 732 0.22
8:30 Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 0.36 561 0.17
8:45 Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 0.38 588 0.20
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.46 764 0.28
9:30 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.57 951 0.37

10:00 American Dad (r) 0.78 1271 0.54
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.93 1526 0.66
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1673 0.74

I'm the rerun slot, ATHF does a lot better, with numbers growing at a steady rate all night

3:00a Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 682 0.29
3:15a Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 652 0.28
3:30a Rick & Morty (r) 656 0.29
4:00a The Cleveland Show (r) 777 0.36

4:30a American Dad (r) 785 0.37
5:00a King of the Hill (r) 786 0.36
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 832 0.38

Best first

HOLD ON THERE BROTHER

We have had reports of non-Americans disguised as Americans in the area.

How can YOU prove to ME that you are a REAL AMERICAN?

>How can YOU prove to ME that you are a REAL AMERICAN?
I'm overweight.

>Jack preview tomorrow

Here we go, what will ruin this for you?
>Calarts style
>flash animation
>excessive gore or character changes to up the rating

Until we have concrete proof of what's coming, anything is possible, Gennedy can only do so much, and they have a deadline to meet

Probably gonna be a DBZ marathon, Viz shows typically don't have multiple showing rights

>miss me yet?

They literally killed all of the waifus
Why did they have to kill the waifus

they live on in our hearts and during our faps

Waifu is not synonym for female character.

I like spamming "shitskin" and "WE WUZ" and anything else like that all over Sup Forums when I get beat in an argument

You're the second shittiest wait next to the pink girl and the one girl who's head became a Christmas ornament

How long do these edits take to make?

OP here, about 60 seconds. This one took a little longer since I wanted the Demarco head on the guy's head but couldn't make it work.

It is a synonym for "character I would put my dick in" in modern anime.

Not him, but not long. Like a few minutes tops. They aren't very fancy.

That's not what it means either.

adultswim.com/misc/time-rift/

So this is pretty cool

>>>/australia/

At least it's improving but so far it has the record for worst ratings of any AS original in its first week being added to the saturday lineup. However, if it improves to an acceptable level, it could run until the end of the year before hitting any of the TV-MA episodes

Yankee Doodle!

It hurts

>How can YOU prove to ME that you are a REAL AMERICAN?

That I hate America and wish I was living somewhere else where nothing happens like the South Georgia Islands or Greenland?

Is there anything that could replace Champloo that would make this block watchable? If it's more old shit they may as well start brainstorming new programming for Saturday nights because that will be the end

Well, there's no way Jack will be done by then, and a 20 something episode series would go into 2017. Since this is the last slot opening available for 2016, I'd assume they pick up a 1 cour series, which would carry us till about October. Then, once that ends, Jack goes on at 11:30 and everything else moves down to accommodate.

One cour series you say?

CQC BRO YES

>Home Movies
No thanks

At this point, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Yea, whatever. Nothing can save this sinking ship, may as well have a little fun on the way out

This year there haven't been any big and exciting action hits in nippon that are more than just alright. I doubt Toonami's audience would be interested in JSDF propaganda like GATE. Habaneros of the Iron Fortress loses steam like SnK did and has an even dumber antagonist.

He caused a lot of shitposting, but I'm a little sad he will never post again. Just people hijacking his name now

I never really got into new toonami because it wasn't what I wanted it to be, but I was still glad it was around for a newer generation to get into.

Is it still doing good, both critically and ratings-wise?

Pretty sure Samurai Champloom isn't some apocalyptic sign that they're only doing old shows now. Were you around when IGPX got re-aired? Same situation, they navigated a crummy rights situation to be able to broadcast again. If you're going to complain about slightly older anime on NuToonami you might as well just watch something else.

What happened?

>critically
Mixed bag, many think Toonami can do no wrong because they don't want it to get cancelled. The HxH pickup, which officially locked down 4 of 6 slots forever got a lot of backlash, here and other places.
>ratings wise
Recent move 30 minutes earlier has hurt, and shown a thick Seth lead in is needed to fuel the ratings. It's doing mediocre.

It's not going anywhere, but it's nothing to be proud of. Also, you are very mistaken if you think the next generation are the ones watching Toonami

Florida

>airing the most Americanized anime on 4th of July weekend.

Neat

Until we see evidence that it's not the case, then it can happen.

Well, being at 1:00 means it doesn't need to be hot off the press new, within 3 years would be ok

>Girl, ninjas gotta poo poo too!
I'd rather not.

The block has been getting dub premieres for a while, so it's doing fine.

cheeky cunt

so did you all see that new zelda

youtu.be/1rPxiXXxftE

>new memegames

Who cares?

Yeah and I also saw how everyone wants to fuck Link

2nd best time of the week is here! Coming off of a 12-hour shift, let's see how things went:

>12:30a Hunter X Hunter 1037 0.43 549

Neato! A nice increase compared to last week across all categories! For those of us newly watching, what do you think of "Rookie Crusher" Tonpa?

my hero academia
blue jacket lupin

I have no idea if he'll get some kind of comeuppance or if he'll become a regular villain, but I really like how creative they're getting with his dickery.

>Zelda
>memegame
Wut

>poster child for quirky gurl gamur game
>not a memegame

did anyone actually like Samurai Shampoo?

>I have no retort so I'll call it bait

surprised they didnt toss his ass down the pit

They would fail if they did

make it look like an accident

Still would fail, plus they are monitored at all angles all the time

I'm not happy that they picked it up for an early timeslot, but I have enjoyed the experience thus far. Its a fun show. I do hope something fresh replaces it though when it ends soon

Pretty enjoyable, probably my 2nd favorite after Dandy. One day, we'll have Champloo, Bebop and Dandy on the block at the same time.

When does IBO start getting boring?

Overall I think in episode 8, after that they waste a lot of time in pointless things, it got a little more interesting near the end but the ending was kind of meh, of course IMO

When the crew get into space and it morphs into the Kudelia show

Who here hype for the Samurai Jack preview?

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT ONE PIECE IS LITERALLY THE BEST SELLING COMIC BOOK OF ALL TIME

I was never hype for it. It's been too long.

No, it would never happen. I'd want to just see people's reaction to the show if it actually got some attention.

But I'd just want them to try any horror anime.

You're just underage. Zelda's been around since 80s.

And without it being a hipster gamur gurl icon, no one would give a shit about it. It would have fallen into obscurity like most other games of the 80s

Pretty much this, she is a main character so it was expected for her to have a lot of history focus, but man everything revolves around her, Orga got a little development but everyone else not so much

The fuck is a cour?

It's been a popular series for decades, you underage retard.

Once they get off planet the series slows down a bit. I'd say it only gets boring if you absolutely can't stand the characters. I mean its not an open war kind of series I feel like the pacing of the action is fine given that fact at least. Now obviously your expectations of how much action should be in a "gundam series" may very but I liked the new approach.

Japland term for season. 1 cour = 12-13 episodes. For example, Space Dandy was 2 cour. We had to wait a few months with reruns before the 2nd cour was released

Zelda anime on Toonami when?

Ah, thanks. ...don't get why they didn't just say season, then, though.

>Cowboy Bebop has been on Adult Swim for 15 years
>tfw you will never watch the first promo again in your college dorm for the first time again

youtube.com/watch?v=qB9q7Zm-cvI

>pretend nerd girls have been getting triforce tattoos for decades!
>see how popular it is

Thats the odd thing. "Season 2" can be cour length so its confusing but yeah generally when refering to a cour its talking about half a season.

>post memes from 2012
>get banned
>talk about dinner
>get banned
>argue with anons about anime
>get banned
>mention Sup Forums in any degree
>get banned
>insult Jojo
>get banned
>breathe in oxygen
>get banned

Migration to /trash/ when
I'm tired of this shit, we literally can't have any fun because hot pockets needs to Gestapo a once-a-week general to maintain an erection

Fuck Sup Forums even Sup Forums is better at this point

The whole gurl gamer shit started around 2007, and Zelda has been a broadly popular franchise long before that. An AAA game entirely reliant on a gurl gamer/tumblr/SJW audience would fucking tank because there aren't anywhere near enough customers.

Underage retard.

Should be a crime against humanity that AS hasn't gotten panty and stocking.

Because cours is a French word and Nips are ouiaboos.

Because technically it's not a season, people often refer to the second cour of Dandy as season 2, which is wrong. Space Dandy is a 1 season, 20 something episode season.

It's nitpicky, but for what the original post suggests, cour made better sense, since he is suggesting a half length series like Deadman Wonderland or Madoka

There are French words in English too.

>AS

It's Demarco who put the brakes on it, not AS

French fries is 2 words you fucking retard

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rendezvous

I post almost purely garbage and bait every Saturday and never get so much as a warning. So either
>you are posts extra visible shitposts
>you are a name/tripfag

Either way, you deserve what you get. Also, if you are a trip/nameshit I report every little infraction your kind makes

Except there are, just look how much traction GG got. We all can tell you are a gamur gurl on damage control, so dial it back

What does GG have to do with this?

>We all can tell you are a gamur gurl on damage control, so dial it back
The fuck are you babbling about?

>if you are a trip/nameshit I report every little infraction your kind makes
bullying is wrong!

Calm down Shitpost Bro, 99% of the time I focus on tripfags since they are double cancer and much easier to get banned for the night

>claims French words are English
>links English word from English dictionary

Blaming a single person for a network's decision is pointless.

Stop shitposting anytime, it's not gonna stop Zelda from being mainstream memes like it has always been