Is he a hack who made a good first season out of a pure fluke, or a young genius who just burnt himself out too early?

Is he a hack who made a good first season out of a pure fluke, or a young genius who just burnt himself out too early?

just lie down in a gutter and die already you unfunny hack manlet

He was never funny and if he accepted that the show would have been twice as good.

both: The network really shoulda had ordered 13 episode seasons: While it's hard to list a full 7 episodes you'd wanna cut, you know that they'd lean on the "the plot is dipper trying to be with wendy" crutch way less often

someone knows his height?

why are you so obsessed with alex

go work on your FoP vectors

He's a pretty funny guy with good ideas who burnt himself out on trying to manage every aspect of a TV show in a way he wasn't prepared for, in a way that was ultimately detrimental to the show's quality.

That will depend on how good his second effort is. After all, Chris Savino worked on Johnny Test before doing The Loud House, so you're only as good or as bad as your next effort.

so what
chris savino is shit then?

TLH is just JT with shipping appeal

>TLH is just JT with shipping appeal

>good first season
It dropped the investigative mystery aspect in favor of endless "get Wendy" subplots and gag episodes. There were still some gems, don't get me wrong, but the first half of Season 2 felt like a big improvement... First half.

This is a big reason of why I said that the show would've been better if it was 3 13 episode seasons: less episodes in the get wendy/gag episode phase, more episodes with ford, and the middle wouldn't really need to be changed (like 2 more episodes between blind eye and not what he seems and that's it)

Hirsh is a good writer, but you can pinpoint the exact moment where he burnt out on the series.

He finished writing the whole Ford twist, realized that he was going to need another season and a half of fighting with Disney to finish the story he wanted to tell, said "fuck it" and moved the S3 finale up to the end of S2 and called it a day.

That's why things like Ford and Mabel still felt weird and undeserved in the end- there probably were episodes that were going to deal with that, but Hirsh was bored with Gravity Falls.

I just want to see what he does next. If he uses the freedom to make a better show than Gravity Falls then he's a good writer. If he stays at S2B or lower levels of quality then he was a hack that got lucky.

But user, two of the best episodes in the series were "the plot is dipper trying to be with wendy" episodes.

1.70mt

Without Disney money backing it, there is few chances that it could be as good as Season 2A. Other networks have more freedom, but not as good investiment.

So he isn't a manlet, this is a normal height on average.

Geez, I'm 1.58 and a profissional animator, people will probably call me Gimli.

Honestly, Disney money won't help much. GF was a good looking show, I'll admit that, but it wasn't really meant to be a visual spectacle. If the writing is solid, the rest of the show'll carry through.

Assuming he isn't put on Adult Swim with shit funding.

well it wouldn't be fully eliminated, just reduced

Actually he burnt mid season 1, which is why he compressed his original seasons 2 and 3 plans into one season

go to sleep, zach