The power within

The power within.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMC0Cx3Uk84
youtube.com/watch?v=IkJ7xKTYSzw
youtube.com/watch?v=tsdkhQis34U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's a logo I designed. It's all I've got right now. Been way too busy with client work and mundane problems of life.

I think this has about thirteen different frames? All done on index cards, scanned, animated, and made full monochrome for cleanliness.

It's interesting to see how the drawings naturally changed with each frame. You can tell had a few little mistakes with how the tufts of hair change size on the left, but a lot of it just flows really naturally and almost creates this breathing sort of motion when animated right. I don't know how much of it I intended, but I like it nonetheless.

update from last thread. took anons advice with more blue...
what you guys think?

I tried to slap some color onto this. Not too happy with how it turned out. But its a start to stop avoiding coloring like the plague.

That's looking good . Can't wait to see how it turns out.

>All done on index cards, scanned, animated
Nice.

That's cool. Kinda big and complex for a logo these days though innit?
Also any chance you could talk more about logo design? I'd like to try some soon.

bump

Rebump

please don't die

Art that fits the mood and plot of what you're trying to create is what's acceptable.

Noodle arms, gonk faces, and even tumblr noses can have a place in your artstyle. The problem lies with the fact that these things look god awful more often than not and people just use them in order to ride a trend rather than convey anything.

Focus on what certain traits add to an art style, and use them accordingly. What matters is how the art weaves in with the story.

As long as it works, ANYTHING is fair game.

(OP)
>tfw people actually buy this type of shit from me
LMAO.
dats bretty nice user, tho those shirt folds seem a little off

i need your criticism on my drawing im not done but i would like your opinion

this my reference pic

I've been doing it all day, Bats! I'd share but a painting of a goat isn't all that Sup Forums.

Maybe later Batman

gump

dude you need to pay attention to your reference. i guess you must be very new to drawing and your eye isn't trained yet, what you need to do is is break down your character into simple shapes first, don't worry a lot of people starts like this

but before you learn that you need to learn how to use a pencil
youtube.com/watch?v=pMC0Cx3Uk84

and then try out these excersices

youtube.com/watch?v=IkJ7xKTYSzw

when you get confident with your pencil try this
youtube.com/watch?v=tsdkhQis34U

then try to use what you learned in the last video to sketch your character and post it again

not exactly Sup Forums related but this quadriplegic japanese artist died today (you can see his artwork in the thread)

I post it for some motivational purposes

cheers

Motivational as in "thank out lord and savior jesus christ i'm not him cause I would fucking kill myself"?

I kinda pictured it as a production company ID that would appear after a show or something like that. Wouldn't really serve as a letterhead or anything like that.

I'm not really any kind of expert on logo design. I've just been playing around in illustrator recently. Thing about illustrator is you have to plan what you're doing ahead of time. It's very difficult to make changes on the fly, but if you know what you're doing from the start, you can make clean artwork very quickly.

thing i did while bored
probably gonna do a few more pages then move onto a new one

i drew a meg yesterday

I cant sleep so I've been doodling a character I've been playing in d&d's spooky tentacle arm.

>sketchy lines
This is done on my phone, the screen isn't good enough to long lines without them wobbling all over the place.

And this is a somewhat finished phone sketch of the same.

new sketch

bump

Bump

burmp

fixed

QUICK COLOR EXAMPLE

"""EXAMPLE""" this is just a quick sloppy example of what the colors will look like whenever i go to color them

left to right: georgia, marry, and bianca bayou rom my demon juice webcomic`

from*

Sorry for the following vent, but:

>Make a tumblr blog with some of my lewd/fetishy stuff on there
>3 followers after a month

I'm losing motivation from this, and it's making me think my art isn't good enough. What's worse is seeing others progress so well.

That game you played as a kid where you didn't want the balloon to hit the ground.

That's what bumping these threads is like.

Why aren't you drawing instead?

Drawing takes time

no? even without his limbs he still managed to do what he loved and held on. for 20 fucking years.

thanks for the criticism but not that new just skip some steps

Shot in the dark but snafu-art.tumblr.com?

How's this bats?

Trying different hairstyles for a character. Ponytail was the first idea and still my favorite of the bunch, followed by Tumblrtard hairstyle.

Question to the artists lurking: do you get offended when someone looks at your art and says "that looks like anime?" Or do you not care?

This is nice. Looks like he's sitting too far back on the stump though.

Its never happened to me because I don't draw like anime.

that never happened to me, but i guess i'd be mad given that i dont follow or have any jap artists that influence me

also i really like these user

Been trying to draw more often lately.

Nice work man I like how this is turning out.

Jesus christ user, these are wonderful. I wish I had an artist with your style and skill for my stuff.

No one's said that to me, so I can't really answer. If you don't like it, then perhaps experiment a bit more with your style.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I've been trying to get back in the habit of drawing more often. My job makes it hard to get much free time in.

I don't mind. I find people that aren't into comics think a lot of stylized things look like anime.

Yeah man I know the feel. I submitted to the DC Talent Search and despite having 3 months I barely made it. Do you have blog or website I can follow you at?

maybe collaborate on a short piece?

I tend to let it slide. A lot of things that don't look inherently "western" get thrown into the anime lot.