Not only tried to kill Aladdin, but laughed as he did it

>Not only tried to kill Aladdin, but laughed as he did it.
Why didn't Aladdin order this guy to be beheaded or exiled once he came into power?

You can't execute a man for loving his work.

Aladdin is a cool guy and is too busy spitroasting Jasmine with Rajah to care.

Because it was more fun to continually rub it in Razoul's face that he was now the sultan's son in law

He might have, you don't know.

He was just doing his job

Razoul did nothing wrong.

Because he was just doing his job?

It's barbaric, but hey, it's home.

He longer played a part in the plot, therefore he ceased to exist and Aladdin never remembered the encounter because it no longer existed in his universe.

They actually address this in the TV series you casuals.

What happened?

Basically.

>hey, remember how a little while ago you were trying to kill me?
>remember that time you called me a street rat?

While there were little bits here and there in Aladdin: TAS with them I think Other-user is mostly talking about a certain episode in the called "Destiny on Fire". While Aladdin is away, an enemy from his past returns and turns most of Agrahbah into formless slugs, save Rasoul who escaped.

Aladdin is angry at him for not being at the palace protecting the Sultan/Jasmine, and Rasoul is pissed that Aladdin is giving orders like HE'S the Sultan.

>Aladdin: And when I am?

>Rasoul: Don't expect me to stick around for that wretched day.

>Aladdin: Don't expect me to mind.

Essentially, the entire episode is dedicated to the two trying to stop the villain without being turned into slug-things themselves while the villain strings them along and enjoying them argue the whole time.

Of course, they eventually manage to get along and respect each other (minus the corny lines, even); Rasoul shows his competency as Captain of the Guard with his palace knowledge/strategy, and actually does listen to Aladdin when he has good points to add.

In the end, they outsmart the baddie by acting like they want him to target the other man, thus having him overheat on his own power, and he's defeated, everyone turning back to normal.

>Sultan's voice:...Because Agrabah has a grand destiny ahead of her and one day Aladdin must guide it as sultan.
Jasmine: You'll be a great sultan, Aladdin.

>Aladdin: As long as Rasoul will carry on as my captain of the royal guard.

>Rasoul: I'm not going anywhere… Street rat.

>Aladdin: You're never going to call me “your highness,” are you?

>Rasoul: Get rid of that parrot, and I'll think about it.

Happy ending! A solid episode, one that brings an ultimate end to an earlier 2-parter called "Seems Like Old Crimes" (which I'd recommend checking out, it was a strong story).

And I fucked up the greentext. Ah well, you get it.

King of Thieves was a great ending to the series

Sadly the events of the third movie kinda lessens this a bit.

He was sold off to become part of another kingdom's concubine.

Yeah, unfortunately. Like, I get WHY they did it (not everyone watched A:TAS and wouldn't get the dynamic change), but still.

It put a small damper on a strong ending to Aladdin's story, and was a step back in character when A:TAS actually made Rasoul into someone likable..60% of the time.

>>Rasoul: I'm not going anywhere… Street rat.
>>Aladdin: You're never going to call me “your highness,” are you?

>Years later
>Aladdin has been Sultan for years, Rasoul is still head of the guard
>still refers to him as Street Rat instead
>Aladdin's okay with it, but just from him and Jasmin

Would be kinda cool.

because Jim Cummings

at least they brought him back as a badass

he and like 5 other guards caught 30 of the 40 thieves