Belle & Tina are Time Travelers

youtu.be/C2jejuTXnco

Your thought on the pilot Sup Forums?

It's about 2 geeky girls that work on a DVD store and they can Time Travel n shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HZEmxby8g8A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It looks cute but I can instantly tell the entire thread is going to be shitposting about Calarta and/or tumblr, because the art direction is really uninspired.

Overall not bad, though.

What's a DVD store?
Are they from the past?

>another sjw cartoon

I like fast-paced comedies, but this was kinda meh.

A video rental shop/store is a physical business that rents home videos such as movies and prerecorded TV shows. Typically, a rental shop conducts business with customers under conditions and terms agreed upon in a rental agreement or contract, which may be implied, explicit, or written. Many video rental stores also sell previously-viewed movies and/or new, unopened movies. In the 1980s, video rental stores rented VHS and Beta tape copies of movies, although most stores dropped Beta tapes when VHS won the format war. In the 2000s, video rental stores began renting DVDs, which eventually displaced VHS. In the 2010s, video rental stores added high-definition Blu-ray disks to their offerings. Video rentals are also offered in other business such as drugstores or convenience stores.

The widespread availability of video on demand on cable TV systems and VHS-by-mail services offered consumers a way of watching movies without having to leave their home. With the advent of the World Wide Web, Internet services such as Netflix have become increasingly popular since the mid 2000s. All of these new ways of watching movies have greatly reduced the demand for video rental shops.

That's why I posted this

cute! i like this style. it's a bit like george shrinks. you get the simplified faces, but you still get full five-fingered hands, and limbs with elbows and knees in them. good stuff.
how's the writing?
oh fuckit i shoudl watch it myself

It actually starts out with them pointing out to a customer that they have no business buying a dvd
it also starts out with a sign saying 'the establishing shot'
this is a clever show. i just wish it didnt have that sorta PBS wiggly flash look to it

>those sound effects

>I'm just gonna stick this inside me
..... was that a tampon?
>she's on the toilet, singing
holy shit that was a tampon
this is the best show ever
peppermint patty girl is so peppermint patty. she's dumb as shit. and she was naked once.

i'm only interested if they are lesbians or at least there's zero male characters

The artstyle reminds me less of 'le calarts mene :DD' and more of like, children's books.

Lesbianfags should kill themselves.

>The Establishing Shot
First and only decent gag, everything else is trash.

I didn't like the style, but only because it was such an odd fit with the comedy.

I think with better writing this could be a really fun concept. And less yelling.

>a show about "geeky" dykes talking about doctor who
Fuck this trash.

explain how that isnt preferable to every other character we've ever gotten
i wanna be friends with girls like these. i used to be. but they all became insufferable SJWs and stopped liking any entertainment media

Well, according to Mockingbird, not talking about tampons is the root of all that is wrong in the world, so I guess that makes this the best show ever made.

I'm getting tired of shows nowadays throwing references and easter eggs left and right in the most lazy and blatant ways possible, and for the sole purpose of demonstrating to viewers, "look at my influences gaiz i luv these shows will u watch my show nao teehee."

Not saying shows back then didn't do the same, but at least they tried to hide their references a little better and felt more like a genuine inside joke between the creators instead of a shoehorned mess.

>Belle and Tina
Looks like and excellent adventure.

Would much rather watch a show about Steve

shut the fuck up,lesbian love is the most pure and best thing in the world

plus there's no way 2 girls hang out that much and aren't fucking

This show would be way funnier if they used parodies

>Heckboy, Dr Nobody

So this will be our Doris and Mary Anne break out of prison for this year.

youtube.com/watch?v=HZEmxby8g8A

i certainly agree

i mean, not tampons, no. those are terrible. but menstruation in general should be talked about. maybe if we talked about it more we could actually... yknow, get that across. hey you dont have to wad up fucking cotton in your sniz, you can use this sensible gum-rubber cup. it just sits in there and collects it and you can pour it out later.

It's not awful just, incredibly bland. There isn't much they can do with this.

It's simple taboo-rebellion. lawyerfags keep forbidding, just makes us wanna do it more
oh fuuuuck i just got that
the thing is, those eventually get really stupid when you say them over and over. there's a way to be clever with it but it runs long when you overdo it.

jesus christ we don't talk about periods for the same reason we don't talk about dickcheese

i never noticed before, charlie brown has a bigger nose than all the others. it isnt just pure sameface

Damn you're right!

if you could eliminate your period by just washing properly, i'd be right there with you user

Who is this pilot for.

Like what network could they pitch it to.

It's not edgy enough for fox, not weird enough for AS, and too adult and too referential for Nick or CN.

indeed. it's just a web show. so why call it a pilot?
just make a web show. why not? i'd watch it.

Most of the characters from the successful shows we have gotten were not made to pander to a certain subculture on the internet to try to make the show more popular. Also, why would the writers of this show want to joke about a woman's period? That is disgusting.

shows aren't made to pander to subcultures, subcultures appear to worship the shows

So, anyway, this Belle and Sebastian Pilot reminded me of Robin Hood. Or Charlie Brown. Whichever.

I.. I don't understand.
How have you never been on the other side of that kind of "Why would you talk about X, X is forbidden" statement? How have you not spent MOST of your life on the other side of that, if you're into entertainment media of any kind? How can you repeat it with a straight face?

Not as good as Johnny Test. Still not unwatchably bad though.

Why would you talk about "Why would you talk about X, X is forbidden" statements? it's forbidden.

Did you notice the rest of the "plot lingo" posters?

But this show appeared to appeal to another subculture of another show. It's literally saying "Hey! We watch this show! You should also watch us, too!" . It is trying to gain popularity by leeching off of another show's fanbase.

Menstrual humor is not funny

Other then that it's decent so far

i did not! not that guy
i'm sorry you see it that way. i see it as authentically 'we ARE this subculture, and we're tired of having to act like we're not just to write characters on a tv show. we're just going to write US instead'

Make the dialogue kid friendly, ramp up the education, and it could be a cute PBS show.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.

Well, dickcheese can be prevented. Easily.

You can go a ways from a pilot to a finished show.
But this doesn't seem promising for a series, really.
It's Half In The Bag levels of no story to tell, but without the ability to make in-depth criticism.

Also it is just a big pile of references to other stuff and two girls being gross at each other.
This certainly needs a plot something fierce.

Because he sees no reason to talk about things that don't require discussion?
We don't talk about colostomies and amputations much outside of people whom it concerns. And like all bodily functions people rarely seek to inform everyone in detail about them. Also tampons are so self-explanatory, any discussion ends within seconds, unless you make it an instruction.

pic related.

there's a pretty huge gap between 'sees no reason to talk about' and 'has a problem with someone else talking about' something totally practical and everyday and commonplace. which doesn't really apply to rare conditions like major limb or organ removal.

But that's the only joke women can do! Are you a misogynist?
:^)

Ok the what's with you and periods bit was pretty funny I could maybe see it as a running gag but they really should have opened with the exposition.

I can obvisuly forgive the other pacing issues with this being a pilot.

I like that her fanboy nature is portrayed as appropriately pathetic

It's like 3 minuites

I wasn't just saying that it is disgusting just because it was forbidden to talk about it, I also meant that it is gross because it is just another way of saying "Lol! Muh vaginas bleeding!" and that it is not creative at all.

and i'm saying
i guarantee you have been forbidden to talk about something that you know is okay to talk about, because some other fucktard told you it's taboo, so how did that not teach you taboos are wrong? do you hate yourself? or do you think the rules apply to everyone but not you

Yeah
>the thing is, those eventually get really stupid when you say them over and over. there's a way to be clever with it but it runs long when you overdo it.

I suppose your right though

Maybe it's one of those Ironic Media Shops, where visitors and staff talk about DVDs and movies without actually buying or selling them because it would be passe.

That would be pretty cool

I'm pretty sure they were mocking whofags

>2 girls that can time travel

Meh. Best Friends Whenever already did it.

Wasent doctor who meant to be educational how long did that last

Isn't this already a show on Disney?

>Isn't this already a show on Disney?
>Disney
>Even letting the idea of women menstruating being on any of their shows.

No matter how you turn it, spelling out that you are going to use a tampon with the words: "I will put this inside me now" is completely superfluous and a strange thing to say.
It's like "I will wipe my ass with this" while holding up toilet paper.
It's a thing that is done a lot, but does not bear mentioning.
Everyone eats all the time, but people don't discuss their chewing experience.
These things are simply done.
There is no rule against talking about periods, it just has little point and isn't enjoyable.
But let's make a deal. For every detail of period-talk, men get to talk about how they rub one out.

>Belle and Tina travel to Steve's time
>get stuck and can't go home
>they have to travel north to the mysterious and savage Oregonia while evading berserker-hipsters who trigger and microaggression each other into a frenzy, homosexual BDSM sorcerers, mutated numales, and other west coast maniacs.

Eh, it's just boring and such an inoffensive tame idea that I can't even be mad at it. It did come off as rather smug to me though, like the creators thought they were so smart and referential, I don't know, it just feels so "millenial" where there is no real vision or great ideas at play but just quirky people doing quirky things quirkily.

It just seems to scream "fangirl" in a way that is really grating in ways they probably didn't think it would be.

like, three multi-parters. then they were like fuckit this is popular, it doesn't have to pander to educational content quotas.

How visionary can you be with an idea that tried to be hip in the 80s?

Meh.

Doctor Who isn't even good these days

>It's like "I will wipe my ass with this" while holding up toilet paper.
I'm liking it already. gonna put that in my webcomic
>Everyone eats all the time, but people don't discuss their chewing experience.
they do! and i love it when they do. that's the kind of casual-talking-about-shit-you-never-think-about that makes seinfeld (and yknow, Clarence) so great
>For every detail of period-talk, men get to talk about how they rub one out.
hell yes, it's a deal. and vice versa. which means ladies have a lot to catch up on.

when did anyone ever do referential humor in the 80s? there werent enough media-obsesseds at the time to even attempt that
maybe you're lucky. to me it screams 'fangirl' in a way i'm sick of girls being too embarrassed to admit they are, because i would love that. possibly BECAUSE i would love that, and they don't want the positivity, because lifetime has scared them.

Well I just mean that I doubt there was anyone who was working on this with their burning passion and desperately wanted Belle and Tina are Time Travelers to be made and that they would be depriving the world of something if they weren't.

It's just a lame show with a lame idea and doesn't have anything special about it that puts it above "lame" in terms of quality.

>not liking bushybrows
i mean granted the writing is ... well i'm not sure WHAT it is right now, and I don't think it knows either, but the old gray scot is fantastic and clara keeps getting cuter every season. she's come a long way from playing Melia I tell you what. and Missy is a treat
in any case it's a welcome respite from puppy nobrows, who was just wearing thin. even if his departure could not have been worse in its timing because they had just done multiple 'he's gonna die, oh no, just kidding, he's not' stories back to back, and then suddenly 'oh nevermind, he is. and here's a rundown of all the dangling plot points from the last 3 seasons'

I don't know what you are saying, there isn't a shortage of fangirls for just about any popular franchise out there .

>hell yes, it's a deal. and vice versa. which means ladies have a lot to catch up on.
Not mentioning that, discussing how. Like for like.

>seinfeld
You are what is wrong with the world.
You find comfort in your absurdist humor because cannot fathom the Absurd in your everyday life.

point me to the ones that like cool things instead of shitty things
tell them i will marry them

absurdist humor IS finding the absurd in the everyday life. the fuck is wrong with you?
and i have no idea what the first half of that post means. a guy can say he's gonna go jack off, a girl can go say she's having her period. isn't that even?

Why can't a girl say she's gonna jack off though females masturbate to

I said popular things, I haven't met many fangirls who have a deep passion for obscure things that I also like, just "fangirls" who love to say that they love popular things and give no further elaboration on it, which is what this show looks like it's all about.

Netflix in the form of a store
Nowadays it fits in your pocket
T E C H N O L O G Y

Well, they ARE time travelers.

I was expecting kate leth, but this is at least backround material tier.

They're the closest thing to pepperment patty and marcie I've seen in a while.

i am so completely for that, you don't even know
that's why Pam Poovey is such a great character despite looking like a fat blonde peggy hill. with one single word she defines what's missing in other female characters
>sploosh

i saw no indication that they were faking it. why would they, with each other? it makes no sense in the story if brown girl isnt actually into doctor who, or if peppermint patty is only pretending to like it at the end

or are you trying to say the CREATOR sounds like she doesn't actually know about those things? because.. i don't think that's a requirement to write characters who do. although it helps.

It's bad.

I find myself unable to give much of a shit for the characters because it's just a succession of new actors playing the same roles in slight variations and half the episodes suck or don't even know what the hell they are doing.

Not the absurd. The Absurd.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

You already have women declaring that they are ovulating all the time. Mostly when they demand something to alleviate their plight.
I'm sayin gthat if you can announce you use a tampon, I can announce I use a pocket pussy.
If you want to talk about how you deal with your needs, I get to talk about how I deal with mine in equal detail.

That is not controversial, though. It just ups the PG rating.

Cept Vinyl as that is the new hip thing.

No, I'm sure everyone involved with the show likes Doctor Who but it just feels like they like it in that grating "fangirl" way where it's more important to let everyone else know they love it rather than having an autistic passion for the show.

The sort of person who proudly claims to be part of a fandom and probably enjoys the fandom more than the actual content to begin with.

That is the whitest black woman I have ever seen
Look at her face
Do I just live too far south? Anyone around me with a hint of black is 100% Jamaican/Haitian/kreole-speaking

i think you're, like, reading way different shit into what i'm saying, because you're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with shit i didn't say.
what about what you saw in the show supports that?
i'm sorry but saying it "just feels like" is tumblr talk, plain and simple. next you'll be saying certain characters "Feel creepy/skeevy and are probably molestors"

Small noses runs in my (black) family. it's possible retard

i'm sure she's meant to be indian/pakistani/bengali or one of the darker varities of middle eastern. she has no negroid features..
and in terms of her skin tone, i guarantee you've seen lighter-skinned black women. are you confused? Literally the only 'black' thing about her is her dark skin, so that can't be the lightest one you've ever seen

>pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference

>The sort of person who proudly claims to be part of a fandom and probably enjoys the fandom more than the actual content to begin with.
Oh god as a nor/mlp/erson I know just how insurable those faggots are

It.. kinda isn't though. at all. Did you watch it?
>Reee
oh, guess not.
hey now that's a different story. the fandom is a lot better than the show.. even though both have gotten worse.

It's just a dot with a bump nose and a mouth with no lips. What "negroid" features she could have? No human beings have those features

It was mostly just the light inoffensive pop culture references that don't really make anyone who is familiar with the source material laugh, it's just "hey if you like this thing, we like it too!" references which both bore and annoy me.

>It.. kinda isn't though. at all. Did you watch it?

>Hellboy
>Barbarella
>Dr. Who
>Terminator
>Back to the Future
>12 Monkeys

well, in most cartoons of this nature, a black nose would be drawn kind of like a w, lips would be drawn in, and she would have curly hair.

that said, she has brown hair, which is pretty much impossible to have naturally if you have that much melanin in your skin, so she's already a cartoon-american racewise.

yeah i'd be with you if you were describing what happened, but you aren't. you can't even call them references since they were integral to the plot
>person wants to watch doctor who with another, other is kind of annoyed because of what a longrunner it is
>timetravel occurs, person is wondering which timetravel movie's rules it might use
this isnt even on the level of a family guy manatee gag, which is the definition of 'hey look it's a thing', and shit i laugh at those too most of the time. i'm just not delusional enough to consider them good writing.

>Saying the name of a TV show is a popculture reference no matter how it's used
i cant believe i fell for this bait this hard.