King: Duke’s story will be told in All-Star Batman for the first year. As far as in Batman goes...

>King: Duke’s story will be told in All-Star Batman for the first year. As far as in Batman goes, my conception of Duke is going to be like Tim in Tim’s first year. He’s going to be in the cave, training, not going to be on the street with Batman. Batman’s book will be about Batman the character and his relationship with Alfred and Gordon.

New interview with King:
newsarama.com/29738-rebirth-s-batman-1-to-give-bruce-wayne-what-he-deserves.html

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/co/thread/83367739/#83368617
desustorage.org/co/thread/83368684/#83368684
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Will the Damifag leave King alone now?

>I mean, I just wrote Kite-Man into an issue so yeah, we’re going deep.
Sup Forums, help me, I think I'm in love with King.

>BASED KING!!!

K I T E M A N
I
T
E
M
A
N

So he's going to edge up Kite-man like he did Calendar?

>relationship with Gordon

Godamn Sup Forums the meme is the first thing that comes in my mind.

I hope he does so Sup Forums can bitch about that too

my lcs let me read Batman 1 early, it's honestly the single best Batman comic in years. I don't think I got that emotional reading a Batman comic in a minute.

Damnit faggot, post some spoilers now.

Not a lot happens honestly. Batman just saves a plan that's crashing into Gotham. It's just how he does it and the buildup that makes it emotional.

that was Snyder's idea. He said so in the interview

I'm excited the most for the "3-arc-story" Kinda like Star Wars where there are 3 books/movies, all self contained, but telling one long story

Get Hype!!!

B A S E D
A A
S S
E E
D D

Who is Duke?

Is he talking about David Duke?

On Scott Snyder's Batman run:
> he has the best run of Batman in his 75 year history.

Sup Forums's really the only place that hates Snyders run

Damifags are stupid. The BATMAN book never featured the Robins. Well, at least not in the last decades. Even when Tim was Robin he'd show up in DETECTIVE COMICS, not BATMAN. Heck, even when Dick was Robin and Barbara was Batgirl they'd show up in DETECTIVE COMICS, not BATMAN. BATMAN has always been Batman exclusive.

He had some praises for Bendis as well before starting with his vision, but it didn't have any impact on his Vision.

I can't wait for it to be a disappointment, like every flavor of the month writer you people praise.

I just hope that his current ban lasts long enough for us to have a normal storytime tomorrow.

Scott was standing right next to him

>Well, at least not in the last decades. Even when Tim was Robin he'd show up in DETECTIVE COMICS, not BATMAN. Heck, even when Dick was Robin and Barbara was Batgirl they'd show up in DETECTIVE COMICS, not BATMAN. BATMAN has always been Batman exclusive.
>Knightfall
>NML
>Hush
>Red Hood
>Morrison's run

Yeah, yeah, fuck off.

Long Halloween edged up Calendar Man, newfag

Those arcs featured the Robins either because they served as launching points. After the characters were established or restablished they started to appear elsewhere.

ALL HAIL THE KING

Can't wait for people to start complaining about how he ruined "the classic Batman villain Kite-man".

He was just a creep. He didn't try to kill anybody, he didn't burst out of his own dead skin.

>Batman doesn't feature the Robins
>Except when it does

He was a Hannibal Lecter wannabe

bump

>he likes Snyder's run

Okay, but do you ever see comic writers shit talking other comic writers in industry? You don't wanna burn that bridge, you can always find something to say something nice to say about a writer.

He liked Bendis too, doesn't make his Vision any shitter. Trust, this is gonna be atleast a 8.5/10 run

That's what Sup Forums said about Snyder but then Batman #10 and onward came out

>my conception of Duke is going to be like Tim in Tim’s first year.
Makes sense because Duke is pretty much just black Tim.

Might as well since Tim is ruined for forever.

>plebs bitching about new Calendar Man

>those arcs are the exception
>1989-1990 (initial Tim introduction arcs), 1993-1995, 1999-2000, 2002-2003, 2005-2006, 2006-2009
>14/20 years he's existed

I'm glad I've remained steady in my faith of King. At least for a good while (3-4 months, minimum) this nigga ain't gonna let us down.

>basically shifting the blame of Calendar Man's tinkering to Snyder
>not going to overly use Duke as Lark in the first year
>plans to use a bunch of weird, obscure villains
>lots of internal references (a la tree training from Year One)
>King's savior complex is apparently going to play a big part in this first arc
>David Finch's art looks as good as ever
>the rest of the fucking creative team (Banning, Bellaire, Workman) are legit all-stars, with the former two making Finch's pencils look fantastic

The hype train hasn't stopped yet for ol' Tommy Boy.

Kek. Let me see if I can find the thread that had that but with Calendar Man:

desustorage.org/co/thread/83367739/#83368617
desustorage.org/co/thread/83368684/#83368684

>Batman’s book will be about Batman the character and his relationship with Alfred and Gordon.

I thought he's use Nightwing more since he was...

Batman and not -Robin .

faggot. King is cancer.

David Finch's art is shit.

So after he ruined Festivity-Man, my favourite batman villain, he is going to ruin my second favourite Batman villain.

This is literally the worst run I have ever seen.

>Duke is going to be like Tim in Tim’s first year.
Faggot No.Everything That's Awful About King.

. I absolutely hate Year Zero .

King: No, in fact, Batman #1 was written before Batman: Rebirth #1, oddly enough. So I mean, Scott and his vision of Batman totally affects me, firstly it’s just reading a great writer. Secondly, he has the best run of Batman in his 75 year history.

urg ..no..

Black Tim haaha OH King.

Did he not read any of Rucka, Brubaker, O'neil, Grant or Wagner???

We don't need more Robins. Should have stopped at Tim. Fuck Damian. Fuck Duke. Fuck Crisis on Infinite Robins.

>King: No, in fact, Batman #1 was written before Batman: Rebirth #1, oddly enough. So I mean, Scott and his vision of Batman totally affects me, firstly it’s just reading a great writer. Secondly, he has the best run of Batman in his 75 year history.

>Before I signed with DC, I met with Marv Wolfman and he told me seriously that Geoff understands the DC universe better than any writer he knows and this is Marv Wolfman, the guy who wrote Crisis on Infinite Earths! As I got to know Geoff better, I agree with that. He knows these characters and knows how story works better than anybody in the industry. So we met before Batman #1 and I sort of pitched him this idea of Gotham and what Batman deserves and he liked it. It was as simple as that. I went off to write #1 in a frenzy before I signed anything because it was in my head and I had to get it out. Then sent it to Geoff and Jim Lee and my genius editor Mark Doyle and they said it was good to go, so that’s how Batman #1 was born. It was really simple. Omega Men #5 took seventeen drafts, but Batman #1, that went alright!

Duke Thomas, who Bruce saved from Jokerized parents in End Game (or Death of the Family? Who cares anymore) and who became the star of We Are Robin, the street Robin book.
Bruce had a hallucination of him as a sidekick named "Lark" at some point, so that's what he's setting him up for now by letting him live in the mansion, training him, giving him the Lark gear.

Basically, just like Harper was an Oracle/Batgirl type stand-in, Duke is just an OC Robin from Snyder.
I actually really like Duke, but being created because Snyder didn't want to use Robin, then using him for virtually the same role really annoys me.

>Secondly, he has the best run of Batman in his 75 year history.

>That guy I work closely with who is a big name in this industry while I'm still new? Yeah his run was fucking dogshit. I hope he burns to death

Hello.

>Duke is going to be like Tim
it's a king sized tampon.

I don't give two fucks about Duke. We don't need more Robins. But if it means no Damian, I'm game. Now retcon him away. Hate that little shit and his fans.

Oh Jason...Daddy hate you..

Bullshit ! honestly.

>approved by Johns

Yeah, now I am worried

Duke makes me want to stop reading batman

>
Batman hater Johns ?

I Feel You Bro.

WE ROBIN NOW

>we will never have a QT 3.14 grill Robin
Stephanie "Two Issues" Brown and alt Earths need not apply

People named Snyder should be banned from anything DC Comics.

how do you can hate people who you don't know?

>He liked Bendis too

There's a knife in my back. I feel it twisting into my heart.