Why does Sup Forums and Sup Forums have such a hard-on for this part of Canada? It's dirt poor and full of hicks...

Why does Sup Forums and Sup Forums have such a hard-on for this part of Canada? It's dirt poor and full of hicks. The two biggest cities, Halifax and St. John's are crime-ridden shitholes. Halifax in particular has a lot of descendants of slaves who fled the US and due to this it has the highest crime rate of any city east of the Prairies, many parts of it are America-tier ghettos. The best people from Atlantic Canada leave to find work elsewhere.

t. I am from Halifax but now live in Toronto, Canada's greatest city

Why do you think Sup Forums is the same as Sup Forums? Most people here like Quebec, not the welfaretimes.

White demographics, obviously

Return Newfoundland you chinks

I'd rather live in Saint Pierre et Miquelon.

>Canada's greatest city
That's called Vancouver.

>inb4 chink infested
Yea it has the best weather in Canada. There's a reason why Chinese have been flocking there and I knew it as soon as I got there

>Saint Pierre et Miquelon

Shown as part of NL on this map. That should really trigger the frogs.

It's also a big part of why so many homeless and junkies flock there. They would freeze to death living on the streets in any other Canadian city.

What do you mean by this, Poortugal?

But Canada has homeless shelters, don't you? Or are they unironically more dangerous than living on the streets?

>Toronto
Btwn, does Toronto have 'coastal' city feel? Chicago, another city around the Great Lakes, does. Wonder if it holds for Toronto as well.

Eh, we do, but I don't think there are enough beds to meet the demand. But that is the beside the point, the kind of homeless who end up in Vancouver don't actually want to be in a shelter, they are addicted and/or severely mentally ill.

Maybe you should ask Sup Forums instead of us. We are not Sup Forums so we do not know.

quebec is more overrated imo
>inb4 flag

It's hard for me to say really. I don't really see it, but I am originally from a real coastal city that it is defined by it's spot on the ocean. Someone from Alberta or Saskatchewan might have a different perspective

Oh okay. I got the idea that shelters are worse than the streets from homeless threads on /out/; many posters there say fellow homelesss people in shelters will steal all your stuff while you sleep

It's the only part of Canada that has actual Canadians living in it instead of amerimutts or frogs.

polscum think we're like them, so you can identify when one of them post here, for example, op

>Toronto, Canada's greatest city
No. Worst city.

Maybe because that part has Canadians and is not 40% white like Toronto is

>Easy to find a job regardless of your profession
>Arguably the safest city of it's size in the world
>World-class food, entertainment, sports, and culture
>Relatively good weather

Sounds good to me.

God bless nova Scotia

Are you a Scot bro? Scottish culture is big here obviously. All 4 of my grandparents grew up in Scotland.

>New Brunswick was going to be named New Ireland
>it wasn't
Wtf Canada?

New Brunswick is the worst of the Atlantic provinces. The other 3 at least have interesting culture and history, but NB just seems like a poverty ridden no-mans-land between Quebec and the rest of Atlantic Canada.

Rightful Norwegian clay

There is some truth to this. Newfoundland would be a lot cooler if the Vikings had set up permanent shop there.

I did an EU2 Vinland mod way back when /autismoff

Well, we don't need or want racists in Toronto. Those people can stay in Bumblefuck Bay, Newfoundlnd collecting welfare checks.

Wow!

Fuck off you chink shill I hope you get nuked

>Relatively good weather
>Toronto

autism.

I was actually half joking. We have plenty of racists in Toronto, but they tend to be of the brown or yellow variety. Anyone who doesn't think "reverse racism" is a thing has never had the joy of being a white guy looking for an apartment in Toronto.

You Latinos might not like it here, but we doesn't usually have Russia-tier winters like the rest of Canada. Summer can get too hot but you get used to it.

One thing I will not get used to is the air pollution. We don't have that shit in Nova Scotia.

Sadly, relative to the rest of Canada, it really does have decent weather. Western BC has milder winters, but their summers are pretty weak.
I need to leave this country.

I hope Toronto has at least better weather than Chicago.

St. John's in Newfoundland looks really comfy. Is it really that bad?

Toronto is as cold as Moscow.

It's objectively shit-tier weather unless you compare it to the Yukon or one of those frozen wastelands you guys have up north.

Depends what you mean by "better". It's slightly colder, which makes it worse to me.

vancouver = best city in canada

St John's is safer than Halifax, but it still has a lot of social problems. Unemployment and drugs, mainly.

Well basically, less humid summer and less cold winter = better

My problem with Vancouver is that the employment opportunities don't seem to match the cost of living. Toronto is expensive too, but it's also easy to find a good job as long as you are somewhat competent/skilled. Vancouver just doesn't seem to have that much opportunity.

Most likely there'd be some Viking/Native creole culture that would probably get fucked hard by the British/Canadian government to the point one would say "we HAD a permanent viking descendant population at some point".

Isn't a ton of our PM's and Premiers Scottish or of high Scottish ancestry?

One book I'd like to suggest to any English/British here is
"Invisible Immigrants:The English in Canada since 1945" by Marilyn Barber (Author), Murray Watson (Author). I work at a retirement home and honestly a good amount of the people have British accents.

Somewhat unrelated but I am curious about what sort of work you do at the retirement home?

waiter.