Greg "Punished" Weisman, a man without a show

What shows should he do next?

Other urls found in this thread:

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/145939864408/are-you-aware-that-you-have-been-called-the-greg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What happened

He's not showrunning anything in the future. Just writing some episoes of Shimmer and Shine and writing a World of Warcraft YA novel.

He was gonna do a show last year, but it got cancelled.

I wanna see that Space Ghost series he was gonna make a while back.

Otherwise, I could see him do some good with X-Men or Pacific Rim.

Well at least he has that Starbrand & Nightmask book still g- oh yeah.

Nothing.

>shitty characters
>CONSPIRACIES EVERYWHERE
>the bad guys lost... but they really won!

Maybe if he worked on making a good show he could get more than two seasons but he's too fucking autistic to do it.

Nothing starring teenagers hopefully.

Apparently Rain of the Ghosts isn't completely dead. He said in an Ask Greg recently that he'll get back to it eventually but Traveler is taking up all his time right now.

I assumed he was saving face for the books not doing well.

Unless the audiobook did enough to renew interest. It was actually pretty successful and it's honestly one of the few times where everyone got what they wanted with no drama or broken promises.

SSM was good though

Have him save Stargate and stop the reboot. Obviously this plot won't work since so much of the canon has changed since he pitched it in the early days of SG1, but it shows he could do it. Also it's a hell of a read for any Stargate fans in this thread.

Yeah then he lost his mind with YJ. I don't get how it has so many fans... the dialogue is so painful. It's like watching a 90s cartoon with the worst case of extreme-90s cool kid lingo in it.

I still want to see his bible for other shows that didn't get made (Icon & Rocket, Green Lantern, Space Ghost, etc.)

Spectacular Spider Man Season 3

Gargoyles 2198

I wonder if those rumors were true about Netflix wanting to pick up Young Justice after the whole twitter binge hashtag thing, and WB playing hardball with the price causing it to fall through.

We won't know unless someone else talks about it.

Then again, WB is producing the Green Eggs and Ham for Netflix, so it wouldn't be impossible either.

We all have to do are part and buy the Gargoyles Cinestory so Joe Books will give him Gargoyles ongoings.

not until he gets commited for critical loss of writing chops

Kinda sad that the cover is the only fresh official Gargoyles content we've had in some time.

Here's hoping.

>Though Gargoyles itself bears no on-air creator credit, Weisman describes himself on his website as "one of the creators" of the show.
JUST

Put him on shows you don't like so that those shows will be cancelled.

But they actually get good in the first place, thus making you regret their cancellation.

Your lack of conviction is depressing.

Super Sons doesn't have a writer yet IIRC

He hasn't hinted at any new, unmentioned projects yet.

Though it would be a step-up from this in terms of recognition.

Why does the filename say mark rosewater.

I dident think rosewater worked in tv anymore

I dunno. Maybe the joke is that they're both Jewish or something?

Maybe OP is just a Magic: The Gathering fan and got filenames confused

Bring him back to comics but don't stick him on something destined to be canceled five minutes later like Star Brand.

Hopefully something where he can use Captain Atom.

>implying Captain Atom wouldn't get cancelled in 5 minutes either.

Well of course it would, that's why they'd call it Justice League: Something or Batman and Some Other Guys featuring the Joker from the Batman May Cry series

such a dumb combo
twink Starbrand is cute though

So just put him on Justice League International then?

>green texting a meme
>knowing no wisemen other than YJ
>misusing 'autistic'

That would actually be pretty cool.

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/145939864408/are-you-aware-that-you-have-been-called-the-greg

The Avalon World Tour is a great pitch for a Jonny Quest show.

>Have him save Stargate and stop the reboot
>stop the reboot
Uh oh, what have I missed. Time to look this up.

>Emmerich, who directed 1994′s Stargate, will direct the movie that he and producer Dean Devlin intend to be the first of a new Stargate trilogy.
Bleh. Oh well then.

The main problem with it is that because this is the trilogy that Emmeich originally intended before sg1 happened, it's going to ignore everything that actually made Stargate popular enough to let this reboot exist. No Carter, no Teal'c, no Goa'uld.

What if he worked on a show or comic where the main character was a keikaku master villain fighting against other keikaku master villains?

At the very least they won't be fucked up. Stargate SG-1 kind of went on too long. Atlantis was fine, but could've used a bit more time to wrap up (think there was a comic?). As far as I know, Universe never justified itself.

And there was some book series splitting off from the movies too, years ago, I recall. So now we'll have three diverging canons, all based off of one movie.

>Greg "Punished" Weisman, a man without any media
ftfy

I feel legitimately bad for Greg. I mean, I know I shouldn't, it's not like he's a starving artist, he's got a very good reputation and I'm sure he's not starved for work.

But having things fall apart prematurely EVERY FUCKING TIME you try to tell a story has got to be a terrible feel. Especially for someone as good as him.

Now that's a solid concept for a show or comic.

YES.

somebody should pitch this to him.

>Green Lantern

What?

Gargoyles sucked.

He was planning on doing a Green Lantern series before YJ. It would've had Hal and John Stewart as supporting GL and Charlie Vickers and Arisia as the newbie main characters. It was cancelled when the GL movie was delayed.