This is garbage, but why does it feel more like a real film than Marvel's output? Is it just the directing?

This is garbage, but why does it feel more like a real film than Marvel's output? Is it just the directing?

it's because you're a faggot spammer who's up his own ass

>this sucks BUT IS A GAJILLION TIMES BETTER THAN ALL DA MOVIES IN THE WOOORLLLLLLLLLD WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Nice use of the same fucking image every fucking time, you meme cunt

I'm watching the movie for the first time right now on HBO.

>not watching ultimate edition
You're handicapping your kino

>This is garbage

Because Marvel films are formulaic. When you watch a marvel movie, you're basically just being ran through the motions. MoS and BvS are crafted pieces of work, unlike the manufactered assembly line flicks from Marvel

>This is garbage
Wrong

>feels more like a real film
It barely works as one formally.

This. Let's just hope the suits at WB don't force Snyder to make a glorified Marvel movie with Justice League.

>Is it just the directing?

Also the lighting, most of the acting, the dialog and the soundtrack.

>It barely works as one formally.

It's not a three act film. Accept that and
the narrative structure will make sense.

It's not a film, it's a flick.

I think it's the best Batman film to hit the silver screen.

The dialogue in both this and MoS are tryhard as fuck.
And Marvel's films don't have terrible acting.

Directing, Lighting, and Soundtrack make sense though.
Even Days of Future Past and First Class feel more like real films than the Marvel Studios stuff.

>this is garbage

Did you not see The Lego Batman Movie?

This
If you haven't seen the Ultimate Edition in 4K UltraHD Blu-ray with HDR10 you haven't seen the movie at all.

Source?

Weird thing is, even though I don't think it's great, I can rematch BvS. I can't do that with Civil War.

/thread desu

>This is garbage (...) Is it just the directing?
Not just the directing, but mostly. Snyder does not know how to build a narrative nor direct actors. ALl he knows how to do is force symbolism through references to previous works of art.

That's the thing about kino, it doesn't need to be enjoyable. You appreciate it on a deeper level, like poetry.

They killed his daughter and made it look like a suicide just to get him off the movie so they could hire Whedon, Justice League is doomed.

Not even memeing. Stop watching and start watching UE.

The cinematography, the performances, most of the action sequences, and serious comic book tone is what made it so fucking good. The rush job of trying to world build the Justice League, shit final boss, and Wonder Woman is what killed it. Should have just left the ending with Batman and Superman alone facing a better villain. Everything else though is film making at it's finest by Zach

There was one of those articles at Forbes or somewhere talking about how whether you loved or hated the DCEU movies was down to the individual filmmakers, as their distinctive styles show through, unlike the MCU movies where they're carefully homogenised.

This, it might suck for some but at least it tried to be original

>The dialogue in both this and MoS are tryhard as fuck.

Yeah but at least it's trying for something more than a quick laugh.

>And Marvel's films don't have terrible acting.

I didn't say they did, in fact most of their actors are good, but most of the time the material is too light and breezy to make an impression.

I would like to read this article

The score alone was better than any actual Marvel flick.

They are "homogenized" for good reason. It works

>there are people on Sup Forums so devoid of any ability to think independently that they default to contrarian opinions about movies

If someone on Reddit said "Hey guys, NOT eating shit sandwiches is a good idea", the DC """"""""fans"""""""" on Sup Forums would show up the next day preaching about how shit is the most patrician type of sandwich there is and anyone who disagrees is a shill being paid by the Committee to Stop Eating Shit

trying to be good and ending up as shit is the same as being shit

>This is garbage
>Ywn be this pleb

"real film" is such an elitist asshole mindset but it feels more serious because Zack Snyder had the courage to take the material dead serious and treat it with a level of respect not found in other superhero films... not that I feel he was successful.

Funny how two Marvel directors have gone out of their way to praise Snyder. Even James Cameron finds him inspiring. If you didn't use imdb you'd never be able to tell me who directed a Captian America movie or a the new Spider-Man.

It's an amazing movie up until the Doomsday fight. The fuckin random electricity coming off of him took me out of the movie.

If we're being fair though its because Marvel tends to pick no names with very little experience and Zack Snyder was famous for his style beforehand. The Russos established their style after two films but these are their only big budget movies prior to their small time careers in tv. If we're being REALLY fair most directors dont have their own distinct style and thats not specific to capeshit, its the case with most big budget films. On the other hand both Guardians of the Galaxy movies distinctly feel like James Gunn movies and Iron Man 3 feels like a Shane Black movie.

Trying to be shit is a thousand times worse

Pretty much. Anyone that prefers Marvel over BvS hate the medium of film.

>Marvel tends to pick no names with very little experience
That's because Disney doesn't want directors, just glorified yes men.

>Using gross comparisons and food analogies are equal to thinking now.
>I can't stand people having different opinions, they must be contrarians or some other buzzwords from the thesaurus.
Before trying to insult others, think of yourself for a moment. Why do you even bother waste time hating when you have something more constructive to say?

>muh disney
Disney doesnt make input in decisions like that, its in house Marvel Studios. Although it cant be denied that the movies are playing it safe directors are 9/10 vocal about their vision not being interfered with by producers. There are obviously exceptions like Edgar Wright but the fact that he was taking like five years to make his movie is often ignored for shitposting. Even Gunn when asked about this says he was allowed to do what he wanted and in the past he was very vocal about this kind of thing.

I think it's that Marvel treats it's cinematic universe a bit like a television show with particulary long episodes. Not surprising that a lot of television people tend to direct them.

no one sets out trying to be shit you cuck

Comic books are designed to be long running soap operas that use crossovers to promote the other soap operas. They cleverly adapted this formula into movies, its a pretty innovative idea...financially speaking.
Like when you're reading a comic, then an event happens and that comic's story is ruined by being forced to tie in. We'll soon get an example of this with Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity War.

Bullshit. Kevin Feige has stated numerous times it's the focus test results that decide how a film turns out regardless of director vision. Pre-Disney Marvel was author-driven. Now it's focus-test driven with studio suits doing most of the deciding and Marvel directors abiding those wills. Anyone who defends the MCU is defending the death of authorship.

As with any multi million dollar movie ever? Do you think Sam Raimi, the god praised by Sup Forums, was allowed to do everything he wanted? He was told no on numerous occasions from producers culminating in Spider-Man 3 because fans wanted Venom. If you seriously feel that way then watching any big budget hollywood movies is the death of authorship, faggot. Both of the things we are saying dont contradict each other, no one is given three hundred million dollars and told "go crazy". If you truly respect "authorship" as you claim then capeshit is not for you. The smaller budget behind a comic book allows them to pursue crazier ideas so maybe try reading some of those. We will never get a "Kraven's Last Hunt" film no matter the director or producers behind it.

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman are when execution can't match ambition. Bad but with so much potential. It's the same problem the Star Wars prequels have.

unironically this

they will. They're trying to force him out especially after the WW success

Personally, I respect that they at least tried with MoS and BvS vs just going through the motions and being cookie cutter like Marvel has been doing post-Avengers 1

Every film Snyder makes deserves a documentary of its creation. You can tell a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into each entry. Please don't fuck Justice League up, Whedon.

>Yeah but at least it's trying for something more than a quick laugh.
M A R T H A
A
R
T
H
A

Too bad the movies are so muddled and inconsistent its just about impossible to tell what they were trying.