Hey guys, let's make Lapis Daria because reasons. You know...

>Hey guys, let's make Lapis Daria because reasons. You know, because "stone-cold stoic bitch" is totally the way to bring back this character.

sorry you're upset that when your blank waifu finally got some characterization it didn't match your headcanon

same thing with people calling peridot "threatening" because she stepped on a robot

I only saw her in three episodes. That one episode where the giant ship crashed and she pulled that orange She-Hulk bitch into the ocean, the end of that episode where she calls a pillar of water into space and Steven talks to her and she goes to Venus or some shit, and now the baseball episode.
She went from a psycho bitch, to a timid and scared doormat, and now a stoic and emotionless bitch.

Dick squad Lapis is best lapis.

I don't believe in Steven because Rebecca let everyone turn her shit into muh shipping wars, muh lesbians instead of advancing the plot along a la adventure time. If Steven doesn't like follow up questions and we can only see things from his POV, maybe you shouldn't let your storyboarders write le quirky stories about Amedot, Lapidot or whatever the fuck and stop having Steven talk everyone out of everything.
> over a year since the first bomb
> malachite just got separated to go be one off characters
> cluster talked down after months of hype
> treated to ruby and sapphire being retarded because lezzie gem love is the best love
FUCK OFF SUGAR

>what is same old world

we only saw her moody in two episodes because she had to be involved with peridot

>implying it isn't the perfect counter-balance to Peridot's manic enthusiasm

Seriously, it's the perfect counterbalance to Peridot's character.

What's a Daria?

It was before your time.

She hates Peridiot so she shut down and refused to cooperate. So what?

>months of hype

You mean seven additional months of network-imposed hiatuses. Rewatching the cluster episodes makes it pretty clear it was never intended to be more than a minor obstacle, but the hiatus really screwed up people's perception of things, and CN's marketing didn't help.

Better than being turned into obnoxious comic relief.

Not really, there's been nothing entertaining or even interesting about their interactions so far. It's just Lapis being a cunt to Peridot causing Steven to try and fix things, I'd say a better balance would be Pearl and Peridot because Peridot isn't always happy and enthusiastic so "always a cunt" really doesn't balance things out.

holy fuck you guys seriously can't stay in the fucking trash for one month

>Daria
I don't think you understand Daria.

What are you people doing outside your trash can?

Well they've only had one episode so far in which to play off of each other, and it was basically a setup episode. Give it some time get it because hiatuses.

what... what did you expect her to be? She was dragged back to Earth against her will and spent all that rage on Jasper at the bottom of the ocean.

So yeah, she's pretty fucking tired of everything at the moment. Her time spent alone is currently relaxing and trying to enjoy the new perspective on Earth that Steven showed her.

The fact that she isn't going "MUH NAME IS LAPIS YOU CAN'T KEEP ME HERE" whenever she's in the vicinity of the CG/Peridot is a huge improvement.

>advancing the plot along a la adventure time
You mean resetting the status quo one episode after a major event?

>literally going to destroy the entire planet
>pretty clear it was never intended to be more than a minor obstacle

From a narrative standpoint user. They weren't building it up like it was going to be a massive conflict that would test Steven at his limits, it was basically just;

>Drill to cluster.
>???
>Cluster stopped.

You watched those episodes completely out of order.

>Lapis on Earth doing fuck all
>right on the battlefront
>fucking mortars going off around her
>still has her finger up her ass
>Homeworld troops see her standing there and rush to delay the oncoming rebels
>they die trying to give her the vital seconds needed to flee
>she just stands there brooding
>only tries to flee when a rebel is literally two feet in front of her
>gets poofed
Why is Lapis such a god damn retard?

For me, I think the threat was just too outrageous for this 'boss' to end with anything more than Steven talking it down before it forms. That's why the barn arc felt so lacking in substance for me, because there's no way the writers would actually destroy the planet before YD presumably shows up in the finale.

implying that was literal representation of what happened and not a figurative representation.

I actually really like Dick Squad Lapis. She's a cunt but I like her dynamic with the other characters. I actually worry the writers are going to warm her up too fast. It's obviously coming, but I need more Bitch Lapis in my life.

I think that might have been an artistic depiction on Lapis's part. Like, how would she actually be able to record herself on the battlefield before she got into the mirror? When she got poofed and placed in the mirror, the scenes changed to just silhouettes and darkness, and then she was left staring at the sky from the mirror's perspective until Pearl picked her up.

Why DID she step on that robot?

Actually there's like 10 episodes of build up from when the concept is first officially introduced to when it's finally dealt with. It's treated as a world ending concept. I mean you can only expect so much from 10 minute shows but you can't really pass it off like it was never that big a deal. It's only made worse by the hiatuses and the hyping. I mean how are you going to frame it as a special 4 week event then deal with it in the 1st week.

It was broken and disposable. The Gems are also a type II civilization, on the Kardashev scale. So a single flask robonoid is like a single square of toilet paper is to you.

Apparently being chained to the seafloor for a month or so fucks you up harder than being a mirror for centuries

This makes me glad I waited this long to just watch through the whole show at once.
It also makes me worried about how I will feel about new episodes now that I've caught up.

Welcome to the hiatus, although there's reason to believe that we'll get an announcement on when it'll end sometime this week.

>being raped for a month straight underwater is worse than solitary confinement for a stoic bitch
Yeah this show about rock themed space lesbians is getting too far out

If I had to live with Peridot, I'd be grumpy too. She's just become the most obnoxious character on the show with a nasally high pitched voice that's like nails on a chalkboard.

>for a stoic bitch
She loses her shit over fart jokes, she only a stoic bitch for Peridot, and that's only because Peridot was trying to be nice.

I just want her making farting noises with her mouth again, she and Steven were so adorable in that episode. ;;

So she can get that pissy, she probably stayed that way in the mirror. This is her rehab now

But I don't slowly squeeze my square of toilet paper before I poke it up my bum.

Lapis is a drama queen. You know this.

>Rape
she's the one who decided to do it.

What is it with this show and people protecting their head canon into the characters then claiming it's wrong when the show contradicts it?

I swear to god this is just like the people who bitch about peridot and post the same 2 screenshots every time like it meant something.

she is pretty friendly and sweet for Steven what the hell are you on about?

Holy shit people still think that the Cluster got a permanent solution.

posting dick squad

She went through a lot of shit that would ruin anyone's weekend, it's understandable shes angry and acting like a cunt on purpose. Specially since she has to commune with someone she deeply hates.

>being raped for a month straight underwater
????
>Yeah this show about rock themed space lesbians is getting too far out
Nigga they aren't even real. They don't reproduce either. Fuck outta here with your bum ass ideas.

I like dick squad lapis, she's been through some serious shit so it makes sense that she would be so nonplused and apathetic to pretty much everything that isn't Steven. plus the baseball episode was hilarious precisely because she couldn't give a shit.

>dick squad lapis,
wat

The cluster felt very instrumentality esque. It came off much more creepy than heartwarming with all those personalities mixing together, trapped in a dark hole.

see

bro when she was trapped in a mirror for centuries she tried to drown two kids, stole the ocean, and broke a dude's leg
being kinda mean to peridot is small time

It got put in the "we don't have to give a shit about you until we want to" box with centipeedle.

>until we want to

I think you're giving them too much credit. It almost seems like they just forget about all of their problems and hope they go away on their own.

And we've seen how fragile those bubbles can be.

>advancing the plot

The only time shit actually happens is finales. There was never any plot advancement in the first place.

Your toilet paper also doesn't try to go in for cuddles before you stick it up your bum.

What the fuck are we even talking about?

Who knew how accurate this would be?

episode 1-ten minutes of one long shot of garnet's face as she rattles off various facts about gem, let's call it biology, and history
episode 2 and 3-ocean gem and mirror gem happen pretty much the same way
episode 4-marble madness
episode 5 and 6-the return/jailbreak
episode 7-catch and release
episode 8-message received
episode 9 and 10-super watermelon island and gem drill, except they rescue jasper too and steven shoves a nuke into the cluster or something and blows it up
the remaining 60 or so episodes are slice of life featuring the homeworld gems exclusively because those are the only characters you faggots care about for some reason
this would be the show if it were up to Sup Forums.

would fuck
I know that it's basically a meme that she's so hateful, but she's still congenial to Steven. She's not so far gone to "lash out at everyone" levels of being a bitch.

Warp Tour. Speculation about Peridot initially started with her being a dom/cold bitch based on how she treated her defective robot.

Yeah, we don't need two Amethysts.

same would smash hard enough to fuse diamonds

I don't think its that she's hateful so much as she's just tired of all this shit, with the exception of Steven.

Off topic but when the hell are Steven floats and the rest of those episodes going to air?? (I already saw the french release of steven floats so i don't care about that one).

Anybody planning on adding best gem to their team?

Oh god, it would be a special kind of hell if the Shiny is Pearl's colors.

You learn how the show is written and you just stop caring and accept its fan fiction tier and gay agenda

TRIPS!!!!

Do we STILL not have a pure Flying-type?

I like SU,now garnets mah waifu!

>Hey guys, let's make Lapis Daria
Lapis is a pessimist, not a cynic. Learn the difference, it could save your life.

New episodes when?

later in the summer

hopefully

There's only two: Tornadus and Arceus. Arceus doesn't really count, but fuck it.

fitting

Can Peridot be her Quinn?

>Skill Link
Ooo baby.

D-va is literally just wearing a plugsuit, isn't she?

Ye

it's just a bit more obvious when you break her suit down into the basic lines

Lapis a shit
Peridot a shit

All the gems barring the original trio are fucking shit and horribly inconsistent.

>nonplused
That word doesn't mean what you think it does.

I'm starting to get an adventure time vibe, where nothing actually happened after the build up and they go back to the status quo (I think I said that right but i'm not sure)

holy shit they're here

Fucking kek

Yes. Yes, it is.

She is unhappy. Let's face it, she just came out of thousands of years of shit. And Earth has done nothing but step on her.

Plus: some people are simply not nice.

Paradoxically I prefer her this way.

...Imagine a brain-damaged toad giving birth to a raven.

I like that Lapis responds differently to each character. She hates the rebels, is fearful/hateful of homeworld gems, and is accepting of her savior lil'murdercock

She's just falling into one of the harem types. She's the snarky kuudere now.

Unfortunately this is Steven /u/niverse so we're not gonna get any fanservice that isn't scissoring

>that beak
Pls evolve into flying steel

I don't see what the problem is. Lapis has been through some shit. It's reasonable she's going to be kind of bitter when the last several thousand years of her life were spent enduring some kind of torture.

>Daria

I'VE GOT TO BE DIRECT

I'm sure she'll eventually get back to normal and it will be all the sweeter having watched her realistically cope instead of magically snap back.

Is the sauce tumblr? It looks like tumblr

You black?

I want Lapis to interact with the humans more and find happiness there.

I approve of this Lapis. It makes me want to tongue-fuck her mouth pussy while grinding our sweaty palms together while Steven watches.