Can we all agree

that this is the best tv show ever?

i prefer becker.

>crowd-pleasing lowest-common-denominator pseudo-intellectual cliffhanger garbage
No. Even if I'm not going to criticize it on the basis of (fairly accurate) buzzwords, the Season 2 finale should immediately eliminate it from the running.

Its certainly up near the top, definitely arguable for best all time if the final episode hadn't been so contrived

It's successor blew it out of the water long ago

first 3 or 4 episodes were kino. Rest was just mediocre

Shut the fuck up

dumb fucking show that repeated itself infinitum

It's the truth m8. While I'm at it, I'll remind you of every single scene with Marie and 80% of the scenes with Walt Jr.

I like The Wire for realism more desu
And The Sopranos did everything better

BrBa isn't bad, but it's not the 2nd coming of Jesus either.

Fuck off

Sure, if you're 14 and never had HBO access.

It's not even better than Deadwood which is probably one of the weaker of the godtier HBO shows of the early 2000s.

seconded. breaking bad is a close runner up imho though. er is third.

VG: now that walt outsmarted and took down GF after a few seasons of back and forth how should we bring it all to a conclusion
Random Writer: Explore the reprecussions of the restructering of the cartels and make walt no holds bar
VG: fuck that lets just make this sons of anarchy and add nazis and asspull characters for cheap fanservice
Bravo Vince

>better call saul turns out to be better than BB

Deadwood is easily the best written HBO show

No.

With a garbage finale like that, no. Remember where Walt was at the beginning of the final episode. Everything in the next 60 minutes goes as perfectly for Walt as they could possibly go. It's like some sort of writing God wants everything good to happen to him. How did Walt even know that all the nazis would all meet on the first floor right next to the parking lot? So retarded. It would be hilarious if they went upstairs and the gun is just shot into an empty room.

It's certainly in the top 5. Anyone who disagrees is a firefly-loving contrarian homo

Season 1 of True Detective is objectively the best television series ever aired. Now before you contend this statement, allow me to explain: I watch ALOT of movies (3-5 new films a week), AND I have a degree in film studies. This alone puts me on a whole different level than Sup Forums (let alone nu/tv/). I've been on this board since 2007 and I've seen series like Mad Men, LOST, the Sopranos, the Wire, and Breaking Bad, and the Leftovers come and go like tears in the rain. And I can firmly state that nothing holds a candle to this series. Please do not respond if you haven't studied AT LEAST 4 years of film attain accredited UNIVERSITY, because I can promise I won't if that is not the case.

Walter White has got to be the easiest character ever to write to impress idiots

>does something intelligent: "that's in character"
>does something stupid: "that's in character"
>does something evil: "that's in character"
>does something good: "that's in character"
>becomes a drunken idiot: "that's in character"
>does something incredibly short sighted: "that's in character"
>makes a robot arm that shoots a gun: "that's in character"
>is a little bitch around his family: "that's in character"
>starts talking in cringy tough guy voice: "that's in character"

Is there anything they could have made him done that fans would say "that's out of character for him"? I would love an example.

For this attempt at a copy pasta, it doesn't really make sense to say that those shows come and go when they're older and more remembered.

I loved breaking bad but all the foreshadowing made it impossible for me to watch it a second time

LOL TEDDY BEAR LOOOOOOL

Remembered by plebs maybe. Shawshank Redemption is older and more popular than Neon Demon, but that doesn't make Neon Demon anything short of a masterpiece.

Vince Gilligan has said that he didn't know what they were gonna do with the LMG when they put it in the show and made it up as they wrote themselves into a corner. They probably did the same with the teddy bear and the plane. He thought it was a cool visual and that he would come up with a good reason sooner or later.

Yeah but if one of those two movies are gonna come and go it's Neon Demon. Use a different phrase

Could've been pretty great, really dropped the ball in Series 4 though.

Feel like it's due a fan edit that trims all the fat and makes a consise 20 episodes or something.