So with a Spiderman game announced for PS4 that's supposedly part of a shared Marvel Games Universe...

So with a Spiderman game announced for PS4 that's supposedly part of a shared Marvel Games Universe, what's the odds that we're FINALLY going to get a half decent Iron Man game?

What are some things that your ideal Iron Man game would have?

Are there any particular Iron Man arcs that you'd like them to adapt for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5gr75OQabg0
youtube.com/watch?v=PQb-DPlJEx4
youtube.com/watch?v=U4q7uHdURTo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wanted a Guardians of the Galaxy game

much as I liked the movie, I can't think of any way a GOTG game might be good outside of a telltale type deal.

*Spider-Man
*Iron-Man
;^)

It's Iron Man, though, isn't it?

Only Spider-Man and Ant-Man hifenate. Batman joins it all together.

VR

This kinda bullshit is why I stick with nicknames and acronyms. Spidey it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=5gr75OQabg0

Make it fun
I don't even need a good plot, just give me an excuse to fight villains and The Mandarin at the end

As an X-fag, I am fucking heatedly jealous.

I mean I'm usually not one to just hate, but man, I hope every bit of the incoming deluge of MCgamesU stuff sucks ass.

It's just not fair, anons.

Just play just case 3 with an Iron Man suit reskin and the jetpack mod.

MGU?

Is this a thing, are they gonna start pumping non-spidey games?

No, it's just some nonsense nerds came up with without any proof whatsoever.

Iron Man doesn't have a dash in it, you dumb fuck.

It's MCgU. The characters that are part of the MCU.

And yes it is a thing.

Search: "marvel games" one polygon

I want an Iron Man game where I can fully customize his armor, Armored Core style.

>It's MCgU. The characters that are part of the MCU.
Despite them saying it's not set in the MCU and not having the MCU actors/producers involved.

My dad once bought a nintendo too.

That should read "ong" not one.

King Ike has banned Fox characters.

I can only imagine the microtransaction nightmare that would come from that.

It'd be a fun addition, especially if you had to balance benefits and tradeoffs for each piece.

Oh, I'm sure we'll never hear of the F4 and the X-men ever again, but it's not part of the MCU, is my point.

Out of the entire Marvel universe the character you want a game for is Iron Man? Bad taste, OP.

After Spidey, who else has interesting movement?

Cause movement is the most important part of an open world game.

Meh. Cap, Stark, Groot, Rocket Meme, Thanos, and "latest movie character" will dominate everything regardless so it's the same difference.

>I only care about open world games
I see summer is here already.

Why not? Customizable character appearance and gear loadout, roster of villains with decent enough gimmicks, and, if they can pull it off, changeable gameplay modes.

What would be the point of anything else that hasn't been done better already?

Give it to the people at From. Put the armored core devs on it.

I want God of War action with 5 different X-Men, each with its own play-style and type of magic attacks.

Go hard or go home, Marvel.

It's the middle of June.

An good open world Marvel game has been done already too.
Anyway, there's tons of genres you could mess around with.
A X-Men RPG
A PM&IF beat em up.
A Black Widow stealth game.
A Thor hack and slash (or rather bash and zap).
And the list goes on.

Those are all remakes of other games, though, whats the point?

At least in an open-world game you can have more interesting gameplay with the movement mechanics. We still haven't had one besides the fucking lego games where everyone just moves in 3 axis.

Spidey offers a neat way of moving that hasn't been done right since SM2, and so could, say, an Iron Man game where gravity is constantly pulling you down and you have to control your path more than just letting him float mid-air. There are no decent jet-pack games, and Iron Man would be a great vehicle for one.

My dream game is an X-Men game with a Saints Row-tier customization where you get to create your own mutant,

>Those are all remakes of other games, though, whats the point?
In what way are they "remakes of other games" though, I didn't even mention any names, just genres.

So can I talk about game ideas for other heroes here? Or is this exclusively Marvel?

Because I had an idea for Green Arrow that I thought might have been cool.

Lay it on us, user.

>What are some things that your ideal Iron Man game would have?

1. Insanely high altitude climb limit, accessible at any time. In the middle of a fight, I want to be able to reach the stratosphere. They can box you into an active war zone area like in MGSV, but that shouldn't apply to the area -above- the war zone

2. Varying theaters of operation. Rebels all over the world using stolen Stark tech, and you have to bring them down. Every shit hole you can imagine: SEA, ex Soviet bloc states, middle east, Africa, Canada, etc

3. Ability to swap suits mid-mission. Gain altitude, press the prompt, suit opens and dumps you midair, free fall, new suit catches you and you continue on without missing a beat

4. No "you need to target X-part" boss defeating strategies. That shit needs to just die already. Every boss armor you fight doesn't have "weak points" but they can be gradually torn apart. You win by straight demolishing your opponent and crippling their suit

5. Drunken Stark. You fly an entire mission inebriated, and in disgrace Rhodes confronts you and takes over for at least 3 bosses

>Drunken Stark
So, something like this but with power armor? I can get behind that.
youtube.com/watch?v=PQb-DPlJEx4

I was thinking a first person shooter with some parkour elements added to it.

I know a lot of people said that if Rocksteady ever made another DC related game, it'd be easiest to just use Green Arrow, but I feel that was just because people saw GA as Batman ripoff. I think a Arkham-style GA game would be cool but you would need to do more than just lay GA over Arkham City and call it a day considering GA is a more projectile based character than Bats.

First person shooter with parkour free running added to it and some melee moves. Add a weapon wheel but instead of different weapons, it's different trick arrows:

>Boxing glove arrows to stun enemies
>freeze arrow to stop them temporarily
>electric arrow to electricute enemies
>EMP arrow to disable enemy guns and weapons
>smokescreen arrow to blind
>Grappling hook arrow for added freerunning

More could be added but those were the only ones I could think of off the top of my head.

You could also add some freerunning puzzles that incorporate your arrows, like boxing glove to activate switches or electric arrow to hack a machine like a crane or a platform to get it to move; very similar to the freerunning puzzles in the Arkham games but with a heavier emphasis on your aim.

Steath options would have to be more inspired than the Predator missions. You would actually have to go behind cover and take out enemies a bit more strategically; heavier emphasis on using your trick arrows to stun or freeze enemies while they're alone or using smokescreen to take down a whole group before hiding again. You can't just use a gargoyle and takedown, rinse and repeat.

Now that I'm reading back on it, this idea doesn't seem as good as it did a few days ago.

>Gain altitude, press the prompt, suit opens and dumps you midair, free fall, new suit catches you and you continue on without missing a beat

That sounds cool but it seems like a hassle, especially if you're, say, in the middle of a fire fight or something. Good way to get shot at.

I'd say add an option to have a suit be dropped off at a chosen location and then you can change on the ground, or if you are up in the air, use your idea because honestly that sounds pretty fucking sick. The game uses either one depending on a certain altitude you're at.

Agent Venom game with elements from the Arkham series and the Ultimate Spider-Man game (gotta have the swinging and the big Venom action). Some 3rd person shooter gameplay too.

Never ever gonna happen.

Vanquish but with flight

With a badass 80's aviator, Top Gun-inspired soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=U4q7uHdURTo

It's some good stuff, but really unpolished. I'd skip the first person camera for story mode but leave it in for the Predator missions.

>3. Ability to swap suits mid-mission. Gain altitude, press the prompt, suit opens and dumps you midair, free fall, new suit catches you and you continue on without missing a beat
This idea makes me cum

Would play the fuck out of this. It's also how I imagined a GA game by Rocksteady would play too.

pretty cool user. Id love a rocksteady green arrow game.