Lispy Mumbly motherfucker

Just picked up Steven Universe. I constantly have people saying this show is great. I think its good but Steven is fucking annoying. Whats even worse is that Garnet speaks like she has food in her mouth. "Stevphen cahn handle it". Is it too much to have a voice actress that can fucking speak and enunciate? Every other character can at least fucking talk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v6rfv5Pb6R4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Her VA's british
youtube.com/watch?v=v6rfv5Pb6R4

cry moar faggot

Steven gets better with time.
Garnet is down to taste
she's my favorite crystal gem

Burgers don't understand Londoners.

Estelle basically had to learn how to voice act so Garnet's voice acting starts out pretty rough

Get's better though

>Get's

>Garnet speaks like she is black and british
Fixed

I want to fuck Garnet in the ass. That's all...

Are you trying to get into the simulator?

Oh no, it's almost like her VA is from West London or something. And really, of all the Brit dialects, it's fucking London you can't understand? You're several layers deep in total retardation right now.

Londoner's are the least English sounding of all English people.

B-but I like her voice

That was kind of the point.

Like, I would get it if you were talking Welsh here, but London? See your doctor, cause your ears are busted.

Took me a good ~20 episodes to like Steven but after that i realized he's just a pure and adorable goofball. But Garnet's voice has always been sexy, I don't see your problem with that.

Why does Garnet sound British? I mean in-universe. Especially since both her components sound American.

Hell, did she spend a lot of time with the Saxons and they got the accent from her?

Because magic.

There's a load of Victorian and early 20th Century British stuff in the gem caves, they've clearly spent a lot of time in Britain.

Which makes sense since their America wasn't colonised until the 1800s and there have been no references to natives besides " ancient Aqua-Mexico"

May as well ask why Homeworld gems speak English.

Not to mention Pearl's whole knight motif. And it's very much the classical "warrior serving lord" type at that.

Well, gems automatically acclimate to the gravity to any planetoid, so it's not out of the question that they assimilate languages as well.

>Steven is fucking annoying
Welcome to the early episodes observations club.
I think the majority disliked Steven in the first 10 or early half of the season. After that he becomes so much better. His positive attitude of "believing in everybody and everything" doesn't change much, but he becomes a lot more competent both in abilities and mentality. He's not completely ignorant and oblivious to whatever happens around him anymore and as bonus his voice is also much more pleasant to listen to these days (his VA went through puberty and adapted this change very well)

Also I always liked Garnet's voice so that's a personal thing. Although Estelle also gets better in expressing a variety of Garnet's feelings and attitudes in her voice.

What's so special about her ass?

Why were Yellow Pearl and Yellow Diamond speaking English to Peridot?

...Technically speaking there were only Gems present, so maybe all Gems can always understand each other and we only hear it in English because that's how Steven experiences it. And Peridot speaks English now even if she didn't before in order to watch Camp Pining Hearts.

But there really is no reason why Lapis should be able to speak English. The language didn't even exist when she was imprisoned.