Can someone Avada Kedavra himself? If so, can that also happen by accident? Like...

Can someone Avada Kedavra himself? If so, can that also happen by accident? Like, what if you're casting a spell on someone and before you complete something twists your wand to face yourself? Will you accidentally off yourself? As a matter of fact, can that happen with any spell? I know there is a specific way you are supposed to cast shit, but the movies really like to ignore things like saying the name of the spell and moving your wand in specific ways as the films go on.
I mean, I know the obvious answer is "lazy writers", but other than that what are the exact schematics of spell-casting?

Also, Harry Potter general.

The wands and wand movements are like training wheels for baby wizards. The good ones don't need to do any of that and just need to focus.

how could a wizard economy sustain itself if you can just conjure anything into existence according to gamp's 5 elemental laws.

>buy 1 butterbeer, conjure 100s from it

WIZARD ECONOMY IS A LIE, VOLDEMORT DID 9/11, HARRY IS A MEDIOCRE FAGGOT

Fair enough.

>lazy writers

They're using non verbal spells, which are big in the books.

Some spells have a special motion (e.g. swish and flick) that an arm twist would interrupt. Not clear if that applies to Avada Kedavra. I'm pretty sure you have to really want the person dead though or it doesn't work.

I read them up to the Goblet of Fire as a kid and I can hardly remember anything from the books.

>Not clear if that applies to Avada Kedavra
I remember reading somewhere that AK is supposed to have a movement like pic related, which explains Harry's scar.

In part 5 or 6 the instructors start teaching the kids that they no longer needed to use arm motions, wands, or enchantments if they were proficient enough and focused. The professors were doing silent no wand spells since book 1. It entirely depended on the level of power the wizards had though.

truly best girl

>trying to find logic in a story where quidditch is a real sport

"No!"

He could. He could even be in one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

by that "logic" there shouldn't be any logic in our world, the real world, as video games are considered sports by a lot of people.

Quidditch is a real sport, college campuses have quidditch teams.

It would be an okay sport if the Snitch wasn't a "fuck you, harry wins" card

the magic in the series is pretty stupid, don't think about it too much because it really doesn't make much sense

the disarming spell is a god mode cheat level spell that children can use and it pretty much makes all the other 'fight' magic pointless. i don't even think it can be blocked

Would Hogwarts have gender-neutral restrooms in 2017?
After all Dumbledore is canonically gay, we gotta get with the times.

My question is how can one become a more powerful wizard. Like a jedi you have to concentrate and master the force, but with wizarding how do you make a spell more powerful. What do you flex?

Why not carry two wands? One in your pocket in case you get disarmed?

The power of love and friendship, just like in my japanese animes

I think it comes down to inherent ability (some are more 'magical' than others) and just plain old practice. If one could master non verbal spells, and know which ones to use in a given situation, I think they'd be pretty formidable.

All wizards have the same magical potential, some just have a natural boost and others work harder through practice to be more in tune with their mana pool

That's literally propaganda, purebloods almost always have more magical potential.

why not go full blackbeard and have 20 wands strapped to your vest

do the books ever explain Flinch's backstory? i hear his parents were wizards but he didn't have any magical abilities.

That's stupid tho considering Voldemort spends the last book sperging over the ultimate wand. Wands are still necessary to fight.

Why don't wizards just use guns? In the time it takes you to say "avada kedavra" you're gunna be eating lead you stupid wizard fuck

Wrong. Voldemort hated mud bloods because they could become just as powerful as a pure blood

i like your vision user

because the wand chooses the wizard.
what are the odds of 20 wands choosing you? i bet not even girls choose you to go on a date.

IIRC they literally say that in one of the books.

No he was sperging out over the Trinity (wand, cape, stone) which would make him immortal and all powerful.

>i bet not even girls choose you to go on a date.

FUCKING DELET THIS IMMEDIATELY

Not really, but he doesn't have any abilities, yea. He's whats called a squib.

guns dont work in environments with a bunch of magic around.

You can still use a wand that isn't yours, it just won't be quite as good. Or you just disarm the person who originally owned one of the 20 wands and wa la you're the wand's true owner.

the harry Potter universe take place befor the invention of gun

The eagles took all the guns. Which explains why they didn't use them to go ti Mordor.

Rowling admitted a gun would rek all but the most skilled wizards, and combustion still works on Hogwarts grounds so guns would as well

Dumb series for dumb women and adult children
Did you get bored of 13 reasons why kid?

So it's purely genetics then. Interesting, follow up question is why doesn't everyone drink a warm cup of liquid luck every morning.

>it just won't be quite as good
ok hold up
HOLD UP
what if you tape like 20 stolen wands together into a wand-bat type of thing?
will that be powerful enough?

You would literally be unstoppable

>stormwandfags actually believe this

either you have the gene to preform magic or you dont, anyone who has it has the same ability.

No he cared only about the wand, you dumb. The stone was meant to resurrect people and he didn't care about anyone but himself, and he had no use for the cloack.
He kills Snape just because he thinks he might own the wand.

did she? Wasn't aware of that. But they do state in the books that muggle made objects do go haywire in places like hogwarts, so it's not outside realm of possibility that guns wouldn't work there at least

>wands choose you
Never made sense. They're all mass produced out of wood and other magical shit. Theoretically you could just make 500 wands out of the same materials and they'd all choose you. Just make wand armor out of them

you go mad if you take to much.

the wands would probably say fuck you and backfire for being a cunt, unless you won all those wands dueling other wizards in which case you are now death

why didnt rowling come up with several villains? One could be like general grievous but instead of sabers, he gathers wands

Too much of the stuff makes people reckless. The potion can't save you if you do too much stupid shit, it only works if you go with the flow of things

>muggle made objects do go haywire in places like hogwarts
so why didn't Harry or Hermione's muggle stuff like clothes go apeshit while in school?

I'm confused. Does that lady have an erection?

>why didnt rowling come up with several villains?
Because it's a children's series and she needed a clear cut Good vs Evil. The only character who wasn't completely 1 dimensional was Snape, and his motives were literally because he's a cuckold - and he died right after they revealed he was good all along

their made by hand by wandmakers, bro. So each one is unique.

sweet

Just make wand armor out of them

holy fuck you're on to something

>gatling wand

its just 12 wands held together with ruberbands but every time you cant a spell you get eleven extra cast

>why didnt rowling come up with several villains?
The books are packed with villains tho.

Okay just have the wand maker make you 500 of the same wand. Or better yet teach yourself to make your own damn wands.

no her babby does

one of these films is not like the other

>quirrel
>ends up being voldemort

>tom riddle
>ends up being voldemort

>book 3 has no villain

>book 4
>ends up being one of voldemort's servants

>book 5
>voldemort again

>book 6
>voldemort and his assistants

>book 7
>...

Why are you looking for logic in a poorly written series for children? Do you watch ""capekino"" too or something

You forgot to edit the begibning of the pasta from the Sirius black thread, faggot

electronics go haywire, mechanical stuff like trains or guns still work fine.

but they are all working for Voldy with the exception of Grindelwald, who is old news anyways

Makes sense.

I read somewhere that over 75% of babies are sexual deviants.

I think wand making is a master/apprentice type thing, and there's only ever a handful of active wandmakers in the magical world at any given time.

I don't think they have wand shortages though, because some wands could have been made like 50 years ago and sit on a shelf until the right wizard/witch comes along and the wand chooses them

>book 3 was the best

Really makes you think.

Seriously this board is for adults too and film
If you want to discuss childrens novels try Sup Forums

>or guns
hah. so guns WOULD pwn those gay-ass magic mofos even in hogwass

Sirius is the villain in book 3, fwiw. Even if he turns out to be a good guy

We'll never have a Harry Potter movie where the humans realize that magic exist and go full war on the wizarding world due to wizards being dicks

Voldemort is killed by his own rebounding Avada Kedarva so yeah.

Jesus she is so hot

>werewolves are less than 0.5% of the wizard population
>they commit over 60% of the maulings

Why should we let these monsters teach our children again?

>most powerful spell is abra kadabra
what did rowling mean by this?

>Voldemort is killed by his own rebounding Avada Kedarva so yeah.
Again. This nigga managed to die twice the same way, and against the same motherfucker, what an achievement.

I think they overdid it with the teeth.

I would let pic related do illegal things to me then write about it in the papers.

ikr, i wanna be her little fucktoy
i bet shes into all sorts of magic bdsm shit. like, imagin all the deviantart fandom shit come to life through magic

He's looking for a wand to beat Harry originally.
He neither knew nor cared about the hallows. Dumbledore said it himself. Doesn't need the cloak to hide and doesn't care about anyone to bring back from the dead.

But Harry was THE CHOSEN ONE. He completely represents millenial children. And Voldemort was DRUMPF

fucking numale

Why was Fudge so forgiving of Harry for using magic outside of school in front of muggles just for shits and giggles by blowing up his aunt, but then nearly sent him to Azkaban for casting a patronus charm to save his own life and the one of his cousin?

Wolfsbane potion is a thing. Try reading the Daily Prophet sometime, dingus.

>implying you wouldnt let her transform you into a maxipad for her to wear 24/7

what are you, a homosexual?

Political agenda

>Avatar
kek

no, both Harry and Nevile were the Chosen One(s)

Are we the baddies?

Guns work. Electricity gets all wonky and goes out. Only around large areas of concentrated magic though. The schools, the ministry, the hospital.
A wizard's house in the middle of a muggle area won't do it.

I'm not a numale reddit spacer so no

Threadly reminder, Harry is a horocrux, which are known to cause people to turn into ass holes due to long exposure. Harry is the sole reason why his family are dicks and unhappy, but did Harry ever apologize? NO

>Citizen Bane
Everytime

I always wondered... Do Death Eaters dress like Clansmen in the books, or was that a movie invention?

homosexual detected xD

How is Avada Kedavra the worst spell when Peter Pettigrew managed to kill like 10 people with one?

>trying to correct your numale way now
Pathetic and disgusting. Do you play videogames too?

Abra Kadabra was only one of the forbidden spells. It was definitely not the only lethal one. It was a one way ticket to Azkavan though because it caused a tortuous, painful death and trapped your soul in the wand it was cast (which is why ghosts were summoned in the fight Harry had with Voldemort).

>AS SOON AS I FIND SERIUS I'M AK'ING THE CUNT
>oh no wait don't kill Peter, my dad wouldn't do that

What did he mean by this?

>book 2
>Lockhart

>book 5
>Fudge and UMBRIDGE
>how do you leave out Umbridge?