ITT: "I have literally never picked up a comic book in my life"

>Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker is inaccurate because he's handsome and outgoing
>Batman creates all his villains, and therefore is the real bad guy
>Superman always has to be lighthearted and fun, he doesn't work being dark and gritty

>Carnage is a good villain

Superman doesn't really work being dark and gritty though. His character design does not lend itself to that kind of characterisation at all.

You're right about the other two things tho

> The 90's was the dark age nothing good came from it

They haven't just not read comics if they think that about Spiderman. They didn't see the movie, either. He's a pale skinny skeleton man with a weird haircut and zero social skills.

The first and last ones are correct though.

So is this one.

What the fuck is this, amateur hour?

i know i shouldnt, but everytime i hear that i see red a little. i dont know how you could have been a reader in the 90s and come to that conclusion

petes is a pretty attractive dude. he pulls mad bitches.

>i dont know how you could have been a reader in the 90s
They weren't. They just know that one Captain America by Liefled picture

>Superman always has to be lighthearted and fun, he doesn't work being dark and gritty
He's right you know.

>they ruined captain america forever

I've been reading comics for 20 years and those are all true.

You very obviously came from tumblr. Go back there.

>Carnage is a bad hero

>never read Secret Identity

you've been reading the wrong comics

On a related note;
>Making Cap a nazi is a disgrace to his Jewish creators!
If you're gonna spew bullshit like that, at least have the basic fucking decency to look up Simon and Kirby's names.

carnage is a great villain unless the only thing you've read with him is Maximum Carnage.

>The Hulk is the strongest one there is

Secret Identity isn't about Superman, it's about a guy named after Superman who bases his life on Superman's.

Are you calling the Hulk a liar?

He has potential. It's rarely tapped.

It wasn't dark and gritty. It had dark moments.

Yeah I get if people had an issue with TASM series but Andrew being too attractive was obvious bullshit. Peter was never some fucking chud in the comics was a pretty handsome man in the source material.

>Carnage-Man and Shill Goblin are gone forevwr

I aint' calling Hulk a truther!

>Gwen Stacy is the best paired with Peter

handsome, yes

outgoing, no

peter parker is characterized mostly as kind of an asshole

>nobody ships Pete and Liz Allen

>The Avengers can beat the Justice League!
>Superman is so bland and boring
>Batman can't be lighthearted and fun
>The REAL Green Lantern is black
>Joker is the best Batman villain
>Who's Martian Manhunter?

I'd say 'kind of an asshole' is the wrong way to put it, but i get what you mean. I feel like he was just more mature than his peers in high school so he didn't prioritize the same things someone like Flash did. Pete always focused on his future while his peers focused on immediate, material gains. So yeah he'd become frustrated by their marginalizing him in spite of his discipline and maturity.

I feel that one 'never picked up a comic in their life' thing to say would be that pete was ever a nerd in the modern sense, a pop culture enthusiast in any capacity.

I believe ASM Pete to be a little inaccurate not because of that but because he's a hipster. That said, it had nothing to do with Garfield's performance, which actually sold me on him as Pete.

>Joker is the best Batman villain

This is actually true though.

I bet you like Snyder's Joker too.

>Darkseid is a Thanos rip off
>Marvel is more realistic than DC
>Everything in the 90s was bad
>The Death of Superman was bad
>Max Landis is a good comic book writer

>Batman killing Joker would completely go against his character.
>Captain Marvel has is a DC character
>Barbara Gordon isn't the original Batgirl
>Hydra isn't an actual Nazi group

Why am I forever surrounded by casuals?

>Punisher can't carry a story

>Loki is not evil. He's just misunderstood

>I haven't read any Loki comic books in the last five years

it isn't though

it isn't, it's based on the idea of communist spies

Obligatory
>batman beat superman

Dark Avengers sure could have.

>Dark Avengers
>arrow guy, but evil
>slut bitch
>knockoff Superman
>ares, god of shit
>angry blob guy

you have dire hopes

Doom is a good character

Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker was inaccurate because he looked like Spider-Man. Toby Maguire is a guy that you look at and think "There is no way he could ever be Spider-Man" which is why I think he made the better Peter Parker. I mean, how else did Spidey go for 40+ years without people finding out his identity?

What's the appeal of villains like Joker, Carnage, Zsasz, Purple Man, etc?
They're all one-dimensional and boring even by cape comics standards, and are never scary enough to make up for it.

You see you need to shut your filthy whore mouth now.

Doom is literally more interesting than the Fantastic Four.

Because he wears a mask you fucking moron. How many men do you think there are in New York City? Any of them could be Spider-Man.

>Thor can beat the Hulk

>New York """"""""""""""""""men""""""""""""""""""
>capable of heroic and selfless acts
Yeah, no.

>knock-off superman who fucked up Molecule Man without really trying

dude, the moment Sentry snaps there's no way in hell League could fight that, and I'm really aware of the usual power gap between marvel and dc. and also fuck you, Ares is best god.

I overheard some little kids talking about superheroes with their mother yesterday.
And they were talking about how cool Batman is, because he has explosive batarangs and he fights against Superman.
The mother asks them if Batman is a good guy, since he's fighting Superman.
"OF COURSE HE'S A GOOD GUY" they tell her.
They also said they liked Blue Beetle, of all people!

Shut up Ted "Zodiac Killer" Cruz.

>Marvel is good

>They also said they liked Blue Beetle, of all people!

This is one of those bizarre facts which instantly adds credibility and truth to your statement.

Thank you for not lying on the internet today good user!

>DC is good

DC doesn't have Unbeatable Squirrel Girl so yes at the moment DC is objectively better than Marvel.

Also, DC just stole all of Marvel's actually talent while Bendis and Slott are fucking the pooch over at Marvel.

You are my hero

I still miss Anti-Venom

I could be spider-man? SWEET

how do I check?

That bait sure does smell good...

>Lol, green lantern is so shit, Batman makes more sense to be a green lantern
>F4 are boring and outdated.
>"Starlord, legendary outlaw?!" - lol Starboard is always so funny
>RDJ perfectly portrays Tony Stark as he is in the comics

>RDJ perfectly portrays Tony Stark as he is in the comics
Eh it's not that far off

retroactively

Nah. RDJ plays RDJ with a billion dollars.

RDJ with a billion dollars is a perfect Tony Stark

You're right, DC just has four Harley Quinn titles

Superman can be dark. What's annoying is when he's mostly dark like in MOS.

I see what you did there user.

absolute wreckage

Oversaturation of Harley is still better than the abomination that is Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.

four shitty comics > one shitty comic

>Marvel heroes are human beings trying to be gods, and DC has gods trying to be human beings

I mean, DC *does have* gods trying to be human, it's just not the entire roster like a lot of folks think.

Not a single goddamn casual knows about the Sentry, though, so you're pretty much right for half of it.

>no mention of phermone wolverineson

Casual

>mysterio isnt a good villian

Hey Harley Quinn is a good comic it's just a bad Harley comic

That's true of the original depiction of 616 Peter, but I think when updating him, it's fine to make him more of a pop culture geek. I think those early Spider-Man stories resonated with readers because the kind of weirdos who read comics religiously could identify with the outcast dweeb. So if you want to replicate the spirit of Peter, you make him a mirror to the audience's perceived failings in the eyes of their peers.

It's just Perlmutter and his toadies being a bitter baby over not having control over the Marvel Cinematic Universe anymore, thus denying them the chance to create their pet Inhumans project.

Oh I thought this was a confession type thread.
I'm mainly here for cartoons. The only time I've ever picked up a comic is sorting them at my last job.

/thread.

Best example of what people who never picked up a comic say.

Honestly, Secret Identity does not have any moments that qualify as "dark" in the sense people use it in when talking about comic books, which is R-rated shit that amounts to nothing more than grotesque shock tactics.

Because sometimes it isn't about the character themselves, but the way the rest of the world interacts with them.

A shallow character can make a book interesting if treated correctly.

you two have boarded the ruse cruise

Pete is not an asshole but more like a smartass. Peter build his confident when he became Spider-Man.

Garfield's depiction of Peter in ASM2 are douchey

Dr Doom or Doom Guy?

Cause both are Sup Forums and I'll rip and tear your guts if you're shit-talking Doom Guy

Not Bane?

Sup Forums has lots of people who think they know comic books because they watched hollywood adaptions of them

>Garfield's depiction of Peter in ASM2 are douchey

Not really.

Do you eject sticky white substance from your body sometimes?

Nope

there's reasons as to why they keep going back to the Joker

>Peter
>not handsome

Garfield's Peter wasn't that great, but his Spider-Man was fucking top notch, at least in ASM

ASM2 was just... bad.

>Batman should be a loner
>Superman should be alienated from human

>Captain America was born in America
>Peter Parker is most responsible character ever

you mean because they're all fuckin' out of ideas? Same reason they've rebooted the universe four times now, three just in the last decade?

Makes sense

>HULK IS THE MOST RESPONSIBLE ONE THERE IS

Well.... sorta....