What kind of tv you people have in your bedrooms?

My father insists that a 42'' tv on his small bedroom is totally fine and that people in rich nations do it. So now we have to deal with a small tv on a large living room and a big tv on a small bedroom.

What kind of tv you people have in your bedrooms?

typical smart tv for console and 4k in the kitchen

lg 65" OLED TV. get OLED or don't buy a TV at all

i literally have a box from 2005 or something. i don't watch television though

I have one tv in the living room for my torrents and Switch. Why do you need a tv in your bedroom?

Some large cheap tv from Phillips I bought on a discount.

No TV in the bedroom wtf.

Why would you need that for ?

I have a 22'' whatever TV in my bedroom but I only use it as a PC monitor.

No tv in the bedroom, that would be weird. Usually only kids living at home do that. In the living room I have some no-name generic 48"(we still use imperial for that measurement) flatscreen.

I-I don't even have a tv in my bedroom... :c

TV is the electrical jew

I've never had a TV in my room.

I have thrown out my TV (29" Sony Trinitron) 2 years ago.
I don't own a TV.

>(we still use imperial for that measurement
pretty much everyone does (probably because it's less precise so manufacturers have a lot more leeway) though recently I noticed that there's a push for advertising screen diagonal in metric as well.

>television in bedroom
This is for bogans.

People are used to visualising things in feet and inches, even if they mostly use metric units for precise measurements. I can easily picture a man who is 6', but if someone says 180cm I would have trouble imagining how tall that is. Likewise with a 60cm display vs. 24".

Since visualising the size of the product is important, imperial units are most appropriate. No doubt, if people became accustomed to using metric units that way, this would change, but you'd have to go through a potentially lengthy period of impracticality and inconvenience to break the cycle, so it won't happen.

They did it because we have no idea how big it is. That's easy marketing. Here they started using metric for a while. I think because of the internet, because people will look it up anyway while ordering online.

Do they use imperial in Australia?

>People are used to visualising things in feet and inches
Yeah if that's all they used their entire lives.
> I can easily picture a man who is 6', but if someone says 180cm I would have trouble imagining how tall that is. Likewise with a 60cm display vs. 24".
It's the exact opposite for metric users. I have no trouble imaging a 175cm man. But I have to check what 5,8 means.

Brits have a weird mix between metric and imperial.

I have a 24" samsung lcd that I bought in 2009. I use it for my computer and directv.

They are the same as us and the UK. We all officially use metric and things will be printed in metric but in conversation, relating to a few things, metric is more commonly used. So our driver's license height might be printed in metric but we are more likely to say we are 6' tall. Road signs and trip/speedometres are in kilometres but a lot of people still use miles, etc.
Age makes a difference too, younger people are more comfortable with metric whereas anyone over 40 or 50 is firmly imperial.
Canada gets a big mix due to the states to. Half of my radio stations are from the US so I might get a weather forecast saying to expect 1 foot of snow, winds gusting up to 50mph, and a low temp of -9°F than switch to a station giving 30cm of snow wind gusts up to 80km/h, and -23°C. I buy a lot of groceries in the states too so I have to know tsp/tbsp/cup/quart/gal., etc as well as mL and L.

Not for mathematics or technical uses. Just casually.

You're wrong. It's about the specific use of it.

>You're wrong.
yeah let me tell you about the way you think amirite

Wow! Thanks.
But we have no idea how big or small an inch is. It'is like i tell you that the TV is 4 sticks wide. Doesn't make any sense to us.

>Yeah if that's all they used their entire lives.
>they
You're not talking about yourself.

I've used the metric system all my life, but not for visualising items in everyday life. I use imperial units for that, but I don't use them for anything else. It's not familiarity with the system of measurements but familiarity with the specific use of the system.

It's the same as how I would have more trouble guessing a man's height in centimetres than in feet and inches. It's just familiarity in context.

>he doesn't measure his fuel in litres but efficiency in miles per gallon
lmao

I love Brits so much. How many stones are you?

I don't have TV in by bedroom.

>I can easily picture a man who is 6',
I can't and I don't really get this "imperial is better to visualise/on an everyday basis" meme

>People are used to visualising things in feet and inches,
It's just a matter of being accustomed.

you can do the same as well with the metric system though

>can do
Sure.

>have done
Not the case.

And how would you change it? You'd have to go out of your way to make people start using it for those purposes, which would be extremely difficult to do. And what would be the point?

Nah, I mean people who are not used with the imperial system do visualise things in metric just fine. When you say "imperial is better on everyday usage", it sounds to me that you are talking about an objective turth that would also apply to metric only countries. You can use whichever you like in everyday life, who am I to judge that? It's just annoying to have to convert shit whenever I see any media with Americans using those units and unable to understand metric

He spends his whole day watching tv, without it he'd be on the living room which means nobody else gets to watch anything

>hen you say "imperial is better on everyday usage",
I didn't say this and don't believe it to be true, because...

>it sounds to me that you are talking about an objective turth that would also apply to metric only countries.
...That would be a fair interpretation of such wording, and is not my view.

>I didn't say this and don't believe it to be true,
I don't mean you in particular, but American especially do so when talking about imperial.
> and is not my view
Sorry then. Cheers, mate

no TV at all

I have a 1440p monitor, that's it

>tv
>in your bedrooms
What's the point? I already have a 27" 1440p IPS-panel monitor, which is basically small TV already except much better than a regular TV in every conceivable way.

No TV in my bedroom

I have one 60 inch TV in my video game room, that's it.

>gaming on a tv

Yeah, I like my ps4, and the sound system I have

Do people really have tv's in bedroom?

yes. what are you, poor?

>watching TV is a sign of wealth