Germ Hypocrisy

>Berlin’s reverence for multilateralism is a thin veil for its nationalist foreign policy.

>Berlin’s paeans to multilateralism and reproaches to nationalism, however, mask a foreign policy that is often itself unilateral and nationalist.
>An example of such hypocrisy was unintentionally provided by Gabriel himself. Among a litany of American policies supposedly undermining the liberal international order, he included newly introduced U.S. sanctions on Moscow that may affect German gas pipelines to Russia.
>Such measures, Gabriel warned, “pose an existential threat to our own economic interests.”

>But as demonstrated by the rise of the Alternative for Germany, the first far-right party to enter the Bundestag in decades, Germany is becoming more like a normal European country, warts and all. It’s time it stopped pretending otherwise.

politico.eu/article/germany-puts-germany-first-defense-politics-foreign-policy/

Test

I thought for a minute that poolitico had the balls to call the germans for what they are

Didn't they though?

All lies!
Nationalism is EVIL. Open your borders, stop deportation! Get multicultural.

I mean like I thought they actually used the phrase hypocrisy in the article. It would be appropriate since that's what it is.

"""they""" do (American author though)
7th paragraph
>Berlin’s paeans to multilateralism and reproaches to nationalism, however, mask a foreign policy that is often itself unilateral and nationalist.
>An example of such hypocrisy was unintentionally provided by Gabriel himself

Well I'll be damned

>flag
Oh you already are.

>Seeking reconsiliation with Russia and low defence spending are actually nationalist policies in disguise.

Get the fuck out of here

>West Germans resisted when NATO wanted to make their country an epicentre of nuclear battlefield

How selfish and irresponsible!

They literally are though. Germany claims to be above national interests and only seeks to fulfill supranational ones, but the Nordstream situation, among other things, completely disproves that.

g*ermany

>It's another thread of britshits ultranationalist fascists, "white" amerifart trumpists and the buttblasted gayreek poster pointing fingers at Germany

Thinking Germans are hypocritical isn't a Trumptard opinion. It's actually a pretty mainstream one here, especially since the Obama era.

this

Also
>muh nazi past of Germany
Get over it already, all people who participated in this are dead for decades

I don't think Germany ever claimed that. No country would, that's retarded.

The opposite is possible though. I.e the United States of Trumpez and the Butthurt Kingdom boldly claim that.

>Germans are hypocritical
German politicians are hypocritical, same as all country's politicians
Now what's the news here? If that fucking annoying nazi guilt non-argument can be turned around at you fucking anglos, that's a good thing

Just take my money already!

It's indeed retarded but politicians frequently say that "European interests" are at stake or that "we must find a European solution first before a national one"

Because they understand common european interest and national interest as ultimately bounded by the same ties. Politics then go about how exactly operate one and the other within that framework in each particular case.

>German politicians are hypocrits
hold the presses

*holds them*