Detective Comics is the good Batman book

>Detective Comics is the good Batman book
>Action Comics and the main Superman title are better than the main Batman title

Is Rebirth the Reverse New 52?

Also
>Tom King is boring, Humphries is decent

What Bizzaro world is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/batman-(2016)/1
comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/batman-(2011)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know. I really don't know what happened to Tom King. I can't even say it's editorial mandate, because he's constantly bragged about this being THE Batman story he's wanted to tell. And Vision and Grayson are some of his best work, which were both under editor control.

As for Humphries, he's really just playing it safe. It isn't bad. But it also isn't great.

I wanted to excuse Tom after Batman Rebirth #1, because it was his first issue and he needed to set everything up.

And it was also co-written by Scott Snyder. As much as I love Snyder, sometimes his writing falls flat.

But at this point, it's clear Tom King, for some reason, cannot write Batman.

Maybe he chokes under the pressure of writing an S-list character?

>But at this point, it's clear Tom King, for some reason, cannot write Batman.
He just needs time to find Batman's voice

woah........ so this........ is the power........ of hype backlash.

I mean, did anyone really get that hype over Rebirth? I'm sure we expected King to be good, maybe not great, but not this.

Like, it's not RUINED FUREVA bad, it's just "not good" bad.

>Action Comics and the main Superman title are better than the main Batman title
It's weird but it's true
And I hate superman and love Batman

Is it all kings fault?

Good authors sometimes write bad things.

Reminds me of JK Rowling with the new Harry Potter story. The story has been leaked and it's literally fanfic-tier, no exaggeration.

>did anyone really get that hype over Rebirth?
I take it you didn't see the 'DC is saved' threads?

I think you should probably give him more than one issue before you completely write him off as being completely unable to write the character.

>Good authors
>JK Rowling

I thought Batman was pretty good though. Even Finch's art wasn't as terrible as it usually is. What didn't you guys like about it?

Nah, you don't hate Superman, you just hate the stories you've read/seen and have finally found a decent one.

As for Batman, it's only disappointing because we know King can do better.

>Everyone thought Snyder's Batman was great except Sup Forums
>Everyone loved Snyder's Batwank and Jokerwank except Sup Forums
>Everyone is loving King's Batman except Sup Forums

comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/batman-(2016)/1

comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/batman-(2011)

Sup Forums has some really trash taste sometimes.

It's not a literary masterpiece, but

>implying the HP seires isn't better than some of the best capeshit out there

Come on son

>comic reviewers
>taste

Really, Batman #1 wasn't even bad. It was just...average. The art was pretty great, the dialogue was solid aside from the inane references, and the action flowed well. The problem is that it was ludicrously decompressed. If this was the bronze age or even the dark age, this entire issue would have been done in 5 or 6 pages, max. It wouldn't have been as slick or as well-presented, but at least there would have been more to the story than the equivalent of a Microsoft Word header.

When this is the "bad one" of Rebirth so far, you can be certain that DC are absolutely killing it atm.

there was nothing wrong with Batman's issue
King just presented the various themes that he will tackle

>Batman's mortality
>having to push incredibly odds to do what other heroes can do easily
>his relationship with Gotham

It was a fine start and it all depends on the future issues

Most of Sup Forums agrees that Snyder's first arc was good

At least Tom King can improve on Batman. I can't say the same for Jurgens sadly...

Sup Forums doesn't even hate Snyder's Batman, it's literally just one user who posts daily hate threads. I'm sure there are a few people who genuinely dislike it, but most people seem to either enjoy it or find it inoffensive.

This, basically. Sup Forums isn't one person. I liked Snyder's run well enough but I'd have to say there was too much Joker.

Okay I know the problem
Batman #1 should have been Batman: Rebirth since it was all set-up and introducing us to Kings Batman
Batman: Rebirth should have been All-Star Batman: Rebirth because thats the book which will be focusing on Duke

>Tom King is boring

Considering how every Rebirth issue has sold out and gone into second printing, I'd say so.

tom king is a reddit writer

Jesus, people still gullible enough to believe the fake leak?

Stop being reasonable and join the shitshow.

Dickfags don't count.
No shit you would love everything with Dick in it.

>some of the best capeshit out there
No way.

Sup Forums in general is where contrarians go to feel superior.

i was talking about Court of Owls, ya idjit. You know, since we're talking about Batman runs.

Thought this was solid. Tomasi's writing is always at its best when he works alongside Gleason and this is no exception. The father-son dynamic between Clark and Jon is well-executed and reminiscent of the writers' work during the early Batman and Robin stories while presenting a nice set-up for upcoming issues.

Gleason's art and storytelling were spectacular. Probably the best looking book this week.

New 52 Batman started out horribly though.

Well I guess it was more the first arc that was horrible first issue was fine I suppose

Ben Percy being a god was unexpected

This is going too far. Action is shitty while Superman and Batman are just boring.

I think it's more that he can't do a traditional cape story and not specifically something related to Batman.