Uncanny X-Men #8 Storytime

The Evil Archangel Saga continues...

You should have started with Civil War tie-in.
It was more outraging

I don't care about CWII's tie-ins but one and I also have limited time

We all live on borrowed time user

Please storytime Civil War II - X-Men #1 somewhere else. Thank you.

I am busy doing something else. I only here to bump occasionally. But if someone doesn't do it in an hour, I'll accept the challenge

I'm so fucking tired of Archangel and Psylocke.

brutal

lobos?

90s as fuck

Pretty depressing read

That's it.

this is pretty good for a forced event,

OOOOOO WE GENERATION X NOW!

Too bad we don't get a proper homage to Gen X

>it's a "Magneto fights Holocaust" episode
Ayy

I SEE WHAT YOU DID HERE
But his name is Genocide

Wait seriously? Did they change the name, I could've sworn it's Holocaust.

Holocaust is AoA
Genocide is 616
Remender changed the name

>quarter of issue spent on Psylocke and Fantomex
At least it was bad as CWII tie-in.
>Sentinel breaks window
>OH NOES, SENTINEL BROKE THE WINDOW!

It was the least enraging thing there

what enraged you? I am curious

I am actually happy at Nightcrawler being a character again and not paperwall that sometimes prays

Diff user. I have a feeling that Nightcrawler will be a mole

A cover spoiled that Psylocke will join the Storm team (and both Colossus and Magik were not in the cover, it seems like Colossus will remain a horseman)
With both Jean and Psylocke, Magneto's team has no chance, they will get raped by telepaths, Monet's telepathy is very low level and basic.

I think that magneto is prepared. He never really had problem with beating X-Men

I'm so fucking glad Land is limited to just the covers anymore.

Didn't the sales improve after he left?

So Mags actually is White King. That's interesting.

He always was. He never officially renounced the membership. Also, the correct term would be "Grey King"

But isn't the one in 616 the some one that came from AoA, it makes no sense for the name to be different.

#firerickremander

AoA Holocaust died in Exiles

This one is the 616 version, the son of Apocalypse and the original Famine

Honestly, first half felt, to me of course, like those old comics where heroes explain what they're doing every panel.
>look, I'll use my laser sight to cut this tree in half
And shit like that. Moment UXM fucked off from that tower, it became readable.

AoA is alt timeline.
The original timeline died with Xavier, due to the time clusterfuck. I mean son killing his father, before the son could be born, could create a clusterfuck. I'm surprised that they didn't make it an actual 6th iteration of the marvel universe, and Galan's 5th.

Bunn should speed up a little

>felt like those old comics where heroes explain what they're doing every panel.
This is true. I don't find anything inherently wrong with that though. Bunn's stuff feels fairly rooted in older works, so that sort of dialogue doesn't feel too out of place here. But then the main function of that style of dialogue is to save panels. If a character says what just happened, you don't need 5 panels to show the sequence of it happening. So of course it still feels odd to see it used in a book that's as decompressed as this one. (How many fucking issues was the introductory arc? 5? 6?)

So far, I don't hate anything he's doing and it actually seems pretty solid. I can still see him fucking up with some really dumb plot at some point, but especially in relation to the two other books, I'm satisfied to read this for now.
If only he got a fucking move on and actually got to the point some time.

Pretty much

What the hell happened to the connection?

why do normal warren and archangel warren have dfifferent bodies?

we have yet to see it explained. but I guess they separated themselves somehow, so marvel can eat the cake, and have a cake as well.

also, they're muties, if you kill them, they multiply like a virus

Ok, I'm lost. Is the Warren who cut off his wings the one from the past? I feel largely confused on Archangel's current status as a whole.

Nothing was explained, because fuck continuity

This arc feels rushed compared to the relaxed pace of the last one.

It's like 3 issues, and they still beat around the bush. God fucking dammit Bunn

He was white with feather wings
Then turned blue with metal wings
Then blue with feather wings
Then white with feather wings
Then white/feathers when calm, blue/metal when angry
Then full white/metal
And now blue/metal
All writers are lazy as fuck with that character. The only developments they can think of is changing his skin, his wings and his relationship with Big A. They may as well kill him for good.

That's because there aren't any crossovers, it's just 3 x-books having storylines about Apocalypse at the same time.

like fall of mutant?

>The Evil Archangel Saga

didn't we already to this?

UXF wasn't that long ago

house of rehashed ideas

I feel like I'm going crazy, this feels like an uncanny xforce rehash, with psylock fighting over archangels split personality, while fantomex fucks about from their stupid love triangle and genocide is still working for apocolypse. So nothing from xforce actually resolved at all
And it's even the same artist!

yes.

Remender left Marvel abruptly, something was definitely going on at the X-Office.

Land's back after this arc, sadly.

Turns out this character never had anything else going on with him. The horseman thing was the only thing giving him any sort of recognition.
Otherwise he'd be Iceman, a guy without absolutely anything remarkable about him.

>this feels like an uncanny xforce rehash
Well obviously. This is some mandated event. Bunn was just on his way establishing something completely different.
But ediotrial wanted every book to do some Apocalypse stuff for movie synergy and so we're getting a quick and cheap rehash.
I'm just waiting for the Hellfire club story to continue.
At least the Civil War tie-in is its own book. Also I'm calling it, Mags is just using the race war idea as a diversion.

To what?

time to call Jean

wow, i genuinely thought this was an older x-force issue. this feels really recycled, but not in a terrible way. i loved the fantomex/betsy/archangel drama in that run.

I think people are being too negative with this, I like it, but then, perhaps the Bendis years lowered my standard.

I downloaded the Civil War tie in cbr, who do I storytime that? I mean, there must be something more comfortable than screencaping every page

thanks pal

I'd enjoy it more if it was paced well. I'm interested to see where the story goes but it's taking too long to get there. Magneto being the Grey King or whatever of the Hellfire Club became obvious after like issue two or three but it's being dragged out and the build up to that reveal isn't interesting at all.

Dark Angel saga still too fresh?

Bump

ah what the hell, have a bump

Just finished reading. Thanks for storytiming, OP! Loved the art.

bump