Green Arrow #1 Storytime

A direct follow-up to Green Arrow: Rebirth. Let's see how this plays out.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BDqYScsqrFi/?hl=en
bleedingcool.com/2016/06/15/when-green-arrow-wakes-up-with-black-canary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Neal Adams' awesome variant.

Canary is drawn pretty, uh, thick this issue, if I do say so myself.

this is some goat art

I'm pretty sure it's never OK for a vigilante to bribe policemen, Ollie.....Not even Batman does that.

instagram.com/p/BDqYScsqrFi/?hl=en same artist.

Well they got old fast, two books in and already going gray.

That was fast. They just meet.

>get a room
>they immediately do

Kek, thank god this guy doesn't subscribe to the hyper-decompression all too common these days.

Emiko a cute

lewd

More evidence than ever that Lemire's run is 100% sticking.

IT WAS ME, OLLIE

bleedingcool.com/2016/06/15/when-green-arrow-wakes-up-with-black-canary/

Thank you user.

EMI, NO!
Best Rebirth issue of the week, once again.

>The death of Oliver Queen
OLIVER QUEEN IS ALIVE

Glad that based Dig will be sticking around too. Felicity doesn't belong anywhere near the comics, but he deserves to.

Hey if you gonna have dirty cops might as well make them be dirty on the side of angels.

>bribe
He's just giving them a tip for being such good police officers.

Overall, I liked it a lot. I rank it as high as or higher than Batman #1.

Funnily enough, I think the only thing Percy needs to work on now is making the first 3-5 pages better -- both Rebirth and this #1 had underwhelming previews, but in the context of the larger issue, their place makes sense and -- in fact -- they're pretty damn good, retrospectively.

Here, for example, the intro pages made it seem like there would be a big tone shift. But really, it was just 3 heroes being dorks, which (in the same sequence) transitioned into Oliver using his money in shady ways.

;_; no

>they meet
>they're attracted to each other
>they fuck

Better than five issues of will they won't they

This was fantastically paced. Looking forward to more from this creative team.

some people are just sluts

percy did a short run on green arrow immediately prior to the rebirth stuff. its not as good, but its still enjoyable its green arrow new 52 issues 41-52 plus an annual

I see The mike Grell influence.

Felicity really let herself go

oh god

I can imagine some people are gonna look at that page and say, "umm WHERE'S FELICITY????"

We find and eliminate those people, it is for the greater good. Should be easy they will be bitching on twitter and tumblr

I really liked it. Let's hope Shado and Emiko don't do anything too stupid while pretending to be evil

Christ, no one who actually reads GA comics is going to say that. It's frankly embarrassing how you're looking to be offended here. Let it go.

THE IRONY!!!!!

I am a very big fan of Thick!Canary.

>pretending
Face it, your daughterfu is a traitor.

She's thick with justice!

Flass pls.

>he used to be a friend
Roy? Hal?

Dig

>immediately starts talking about American prison system to justify bribing cops and criminals
>bangs Canary and calls her Pretty Bird.

This is Ollie. This is good.

I think its just him rushing to reestablish the status quo.

Good pacing. A wonder.

I could go for a little bit more dialog or art of their attraction but i don't want 5 issues of will they won't they. I'm ok with this.

This book is extremely fast paced and it benefits from it. I hope it doesn't run out of steam. Never read Percy before is this his normal pace?

I'm confused on all this shit.

Is this the first chapter directly after the rebirth chapter where GA and BC meet for the first time?

And does that take place after the chapter where wally gets pulled out of the speedforce by barry and they made the watchmen reference?

>Is this the first chapter directly after the rebirth chapter where GA and BC meet for the first time?

>And does that take place after the chapter where wally gets pulled out of the speedforce by barry and they made the watchmen reference?

Yes, why are you confused?

Yep and yep.

FUCK!

>your idol will never date your brother

;_;

Probably because I didn't really read any of the new 52 shit other than a few issues of the Flash, and I thought that this wasn't another reboot on the universe?

You're just overthinking it I guess. You have everything down.

Nice to see that Ollie has a backup longbow at his disposal.

Dat Dina Booty

I guess i'm confused because outside of those few issues of the flash, all I've read was the justice league thing where they fought that crazy amazon woman who put darkseid in a clay baby, then wally kept trying to talk to everyone from the speedforce and barry was the only one to remember him and pull him out. But I thought that didn't invalidate anything that happened in 52?

Did GA and BC just not ever meet in 52 or some shit?

>Did GA and BC just not ever meet in 52 or some shit?

Correct

I'm sure you've read DCU Rebirth #1 (the 80 page issue), but did you understand it? Like, did you understand the words on the page?

>Did GA and BC just not ever meet in 52 or some shit
Yes it was shit. Most iconic couple in comics and never have them meet after the reboot. Fuck that shit

Welp, that'll explain the confusion then.

to be fair, part of the reason was the fact that Black Canary was married at the start of the new 52 and Jeff Lemire even said he didn't want to have GA and Black Canary meet till the end of his run because they were the endgame couple, but plans got messed up, so he never got around to it.

Fuck yes. Best little sister is back.

Newsarama followed up on this question later on.
Nrama: You made it clear that you want to build Green Arrow separately from those relationships for which he was so well known in the past, like Green Lantern and Black Canary and such. But since you’re getting into a long-term plan, do you think we’ll see him encounter any of those characters during your run?
Lemire: Yeah, I think eventually. Like I said, I need to redefine who he is first before we start playing him off other characters again. Like you said, we need a strong foundation of who this guy is. I don’t want him to become “that guy who dates Black Canary.”
So once we lay down that foundation, there should be the chance to do some cool stories with some of those other characters. Geoff and I have already talked about doing a new version of the Green Arrow/Green Lantern team-up with the new Green Lantern Baz.
But I’m going to stay away from Black Canary for awhile, because I feel like once you get them together, that’s it. They’re together. So it will close doors instead of opening them, storywise. Somewhere down the road, they could always end up together, but for now, it might be interesting to see Oliver involved with other women.

well, maybe not best

Ollie always was. In fact both of them used to come off like people who were quick to the sack before realizing that there were real feelings for each other underneath all the sex.

NEVER NEVER NEVER

Who were you thinking instead?

Gonna be pissed if this gal turns into not-Felicity.

All this liberal pandering is disgusting how the hell can you guys read this?

Hnggggggg that Canary

I am hoping they are reacting to fraudulent evidence suggested in If not...my heart. ;_;

Green arrow is literally Liberal pandering the super hero.

Read Batman if you want something else.

Holy shit I did not see that coming

I knew that going in, I just didn't expect it to be this bad. I've liked him in the cartoons

I'm just thinking that shooting your brother might disqualify you from the "best" designation.

He's always been like this, someone can post links to him complaining to the justice league on liberal problems and trying to argue with Hal Jordan and his conservative views.

But King sucks.

Yeah you aren't writing a good Ollie if the readers aren't at least cringing a little bit.

>Ollie/Baz instead of Ollie/Hal
Perhaps Lemire leaving was a blessing. Hell, it's not like his Ollie was particularly well characterized.

Felicitphobia is a very real and very dangerous mental disease, please if you know someone with this mental instability get them the help they need.

What was so bad about this issue?

>that ass

I guess its the "Liberal" ideology

That is bullshit. The reason those two characters work well together is because they play off each other so well. They progress stories and drama by having them interact. It isn't an endgame ita a good starting point. I like lemire but he clearly doesnt understand the characters.

Thats the first time I've seen a super hero bribe a police officer

This. It wasn't anything actually wrong with the comic, I feel like if I cared less about politics I would have a greater enjoyment. It's just very cringey to read