Admit it

You enjoyed Episode 1 as a kid and thought Darth Maul was scary as fuck and Qui-Gon dying was the saddest shit ever.

You were somewhat confused by Episode 2 but it was fine because the film collided with your peak hormonal stage and you got to see Padme's flat belly and cool gladiator battles.

Episode 3 had a huge impact on you and you would rewatch it several times memorizing every line.

Your opinions on the prequels didn't become negative until you were exposed to the overly toxic climate of online communities where the cynicists took charge of the narrative and ruined your perception of something you previously enjoyed.

I was excited with the trailers. Then I saw the movie and was disappointed by the mediocrity but didn't hate it.

Saw it 10 years later and realized how awful they really are.

I've always unironically enjoyed the prequels

They're just fun to watch no matter how stupid they are

>You enjoyed Episode 1 as a kid

I was 19 when Phantom Menace came out so no.

Even when I saw Episode 1 as a kid,I was massively let down, thought it was garbage, dialogue was embarrassing, action was weak, Jar-Jar made me cringe

My parents gave me episode II on DVD and i tried watching it several times but either fell asleep or got bored each time

I actually like them more now than I did as a kid. Although 2 still bores the hell out of me. I got Episode 1 for xmas on VHS and around the podracing scene I ended up focusing more on my star wars action figures than the movie. I did enjoy the scene when they go to the underwater city though.

> Your opinions on the prequels didn't become negative until you were exposed to the overly toxic climate of online communities

This is revisionist bullshit. The first episode of Spaced (2001) has a scene of the character burning his Star Wars merchandise because of how bad TPM was and he later get's fired for refusing to sell a Jar-Jar Binks toy to a kid. These jokes wouldn't make sense unless it was understood TPM was terrible.

The Guardian review at the time struck a chord with me.

>And this is why Phantom Menace is, ultimately, so extraordinarily objectionable. It treats us like fans, not an audience. It takes our slavish consumer status for granted and does not feel the need to do any real work to engage us, to make us care about the story or the characters. It's all FX and merchandise.

Obviously if you watched the movie when you were 5 you might have thought it was good.

I actually like episode 1. It's the best of the prequels to me.

2 is so bad, holy shit. The fact that it's on digital and looks like garbage makes everything worse by 10 times.

3 is about a 4/10 or 5/10. Has a lot of B movie tier goofy shit.

Clone Wars series is great though. Definitely required viewing to redeem Anakin character after what Hayden and Lucas did.

>Episode 1 as a kid

You stupid ageist I was 32yrs old

You fucking little shit stain

I was 9 and thought it was shit

Would you like to roleplay as my abusive grandfather?

I wasnt a kid cor phantom menace and my gf at the time who was crazy was dressed in a princess leia slut outfit. The movie sucked the sex was good, all in all positive memories.

I was 8 when Phantom Menace came out. I remember leaving the theater disappointed. I was the age demographic young Anakin and Jar Jar were there for and I hated them both.

I was 11 when Clone Wars came out. I thought Yoda flipping around was stupid even back then. Recycling Boba Fett and making him blue also sucked, but I liked Obi-Wan.

I was 14 when Revenge of the Sith came out. It was the best prequel to me, but it still didn't hold a candle to any of the original trilogy. Two moments really stood out to me. First was seeing the fucking Emperor's skirt flop over his head. The other was the close up of the droid's face when Anakin started surfing on it during the final duel. These two moments really encapsulate the disconnect between the PT and OT. The movie was shit and had none of the magic of the originals.

This "you liked them as kid" meme doesn't hold water. Even if it was true, kids' taste are hardly a solid criterion for what is a quality movie.

Nope, thought it was boring. Jar Jar was annoying as fuck, the kid was annoying as fuck. Pod racing and the Darth Maul fight at the end were the only enjoyable parts.
>You were somewhat confused by Episode 2 but it was fine because the film collided with your peak hormonal stage
No.
>Episode 3 had a huge impact on you and you would rewatch it several times memorizing every line.
No.

Now go to bed George.

this except I didn't even bother watching 2 or 3 (still haven't).
episode 1 is boring as fuck and no sane child likes kid actors or annoying retard sidekicks.

I admit because star wars are movies for kids

Trips of truth

I was nine when TPM came out. I was hyped as fuck, but disappointed when I saw it. I didn't really like Qui-gon at the time (I thought he was a lamer version of Obi-wan; I like him more now), and I always thought Darth Maul was weak. I still liked it because it was Star Wars, but I thought the OT movies were way better. I thought AOTC was shit when it came out. I thought ROTS was better, but I still remember thinking Greivous was lame as fuck, the dialogue was super corny, and making fun of "NOOOOO" with my friends.

I always regarded them as worse, but I didn't actually hate the prequels until I decided to watch all of the Star Wars movies in a row and it was super obvious how different the PT was from the OT, and how the PT didn't really feel like Star Wars in comparison. This was years before the Plinkett reviews came out.

The Simpsons also regularly made jokes about how much the PT sucked.

>episode 1

I immediately disliked Jar Jar. I thought Maul looked cool and at the time did not notice his very obvious prosthetics. And I didn't realize he had spoken lines until 10 years later.

>episode 2

I actually liked this one the best at the time because I liked the idea of detective Obi-Wan prowling the galactic underbelly trying to solve a mystery.

>episode 3

By this point I realized the movies were pretty shit and had low expectations. I really only liked the Sheev stuff.

All true. Except I never hated on the prequels cuz I'm not a faggot. Episode 7 was utter trash and offensive but I guess it was made for preteen girls so it can die or Disney can churn em out whatever

>OP cucked by logic and dubs

t. 16 year oldvwho emulates popular youtubers and wants to le ironically kill himself

9+18=16

You need to go back.

As a kid i never even saw any SW until Revenge of the Sith in cinema. I guess it was this funny situation where the series was so big you could be a fan without even knowing the source material. I bought a damn Darth Vader collectible once without even exactly knowing who the fuck he was other than someone's father. My biggest exposure to the OT before my late teenage years was just the tie-in RotS videogame, which had a couple of historic battles in it like Vader vs Ben Kenobi with cutscenes from the movies

So yeah, i guess i liked RotS, but that doesn't change anything about what i think of it now, it's still an extremely dumb movie from an extremely dumb trilogy which was carried literally only by it's title

>episode 1
>as a kid
This is an 18+ site you mong

>kids have shit taste
>I had shit taste when I was a kid

Wow, so unbelievable.

This is literally me wtf

100% correct

Went to see the first one with a group of friends. I don't have a strong memory of it. I didn't go see the next two and I haven't really watched them, just parts when they happened to be on TV.

From that time I remember liking the Lord of the Rings trilogy way more, saw all of them several times in theaters.

I was 13. I fucking hated it. Opening night hated it. The whole fucking audience turned against it.

Sorry you're a prequel babby : /

Well yeah but I enjoyed throwing rocks at people as a kid too.

Nope, even as a kid I knew it was inferior to the originals, and I couldn't stand Jar Jar either. Me and the other kids in elementary school used to draw ways he would die, like podracing crashes and his head getting cut off with a lightsaber.

are you fucking brain dead? You could have literally been born a month before episode 1 was released and you'd be 18 already.

So you're literally admitting to being, what, 18 years old? Holy fuck I cant believe this board, that explains the edgy contrarian attitude. You're just a bunch of kids.

The phantom menace came out in 1999, bud. I was 8 years old when it came out and now I'm 26. Time slows for no one.

Watched the first trilogy in 1997, I was 10 when TPM came out and I kinda liked it, yup. Didn't hate the cartoon thing but didn't think it was funny either, also didn't care for Darth Maul or the old guy dying but really enjoyed them fighting. Now Attack of the clones? That was a boring slog even for my 14 years old self. Sith was meh, but that's probably because I was in my cynical phase. Better than Clones at least.

I remember watching TPM as a kid with my family and my grandma was crying when Qui Gon died. She's dead now

>Admit that when you were a kid you had shit opinions
Yep, you cought me

i reject everything you just posted

NEWSFLASH: KIDS LIKE EVERYTHING

wow what a revelation my friend, ofcourse we liked it all, you would probably love and enjoy Tranformers 12 Rise of the Antagonist 2000 when you were a kid too

Maul was fucking great

as was the Qui-Gon/Obi Wan duality

droids were great as a kid
but with the years you understand more and more how the droids are the real comic relief in case Jar Jar went wrong
which we all know how the Jar Jar thing ended

Yeh sure, I was at the age where I thought the droid tech was cool and it blinded me from how shit all these movies were cos I was a stupid autist kid.

My opinion didn't change because I conformed to some new status quo, it changed because I grew up.

ITT: self-ignorant revisionists

I loved the movies as a kid

1 is objectively great. People can gripe about Jar Jar all they want the podracing more than made up for it

2 the first half is pretty bad but Obi going to Kimino onwards is great

3 I actually think is the 2nd weakest of all the star wars movies next to 7. It had its moments but overall there was just something lacking

You're so right OP, the toxic climate of online communities truly ruined my perception, this actually looks really fucking good bravo George

>be 12
>walk out of cinema with mother
>trying to convince myself it wasn't shit
>fail
>decide to drop Star Wars fandom

Odd being ten times the patrician of people thrice my age.
I shit on you all.

I can't hate the prequels because even if they are actually bad movies the extra lore that fuelled my imagination and allowed for thing like battlefront 2 made me extremely happy as a kid

this to me is the difference between your perceptions of them. either you were balls deep in the worlds or you just thought they were shit movies

What computer game is this?

i have only seen the prequel trilogy, was 9 when episode 1 was out and thought it was a lot of fun,

12 when i saw attack of the clones and kind of hated it but at least natalie portman was the hottest shes been since leon and the lil green guy jumping around was funny

i dont remember much of episode 3 other than crying with laughter all night at "FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL" and "NOOOOOOOO", its a pretty fucking silly movie

As a 10 year old I loved the phantom menace. I rewatched it dozens of times. I liked the light saber battles more than in the old trilogy. The podrace was cool as shit. I dressed up as Darth Maul for Halloween. Episode 2 was cool too. Didn't really know what those clones were made for and disappointed I didnt get to see any clone war in a movie called the clone war begins. Also Anakins doublehand lightsaber scene in the trailer hyped me so much but lasted 10 seconds in the movie.
Episode 3 was cool too but I kinda liked the old triolgy more at that point after rewatching it and not being a child anymore.

This is all true but my opinions never really changed.

>episode 1 as a kid

genPLEB ignored