So I don't watch AoS, how's Hydra doing in it? Civil War heavily implied they were dying/dead...

So I don't watch AoS, how's Hydra doing in it? Civil War heavily implied they were dying/dead, so I'm wondering if the show is consistent about it.

Hydra got BTFO seemingly for good near the end of S3.

>so I'm wondering if the show is consistent about it.

It isn't. It tries to react based on what happens in the movies. Thing is though is that the movies give zero fucks about it and contradicts what happens in the show regularly.

>dying/dead

Do you know anything about Hydra?

Cut off one head, two more shall take it's place

>One of their biggest leaders is hiding alone in some empty house eating takeout and then some random Sokovian breaks in and murders him
Yeah I'm sure they're doing real well right now

Their biggest enforcer also went rogue and fucked off to Africa so he could get killed.

Hydra existed for thousands of years. They're not going to disband over a few guys dying.

I think Hydra as a group got completely demolished along with its leaders, but of course the rest of its members still exist and Ward recycled them a bit for his own gain.

There's not much left of Hydra. They can always come back, but all of its resources are smashed to bits. That guy from Ant-Man is the only significant character from Hydra still out there.

They got a hold of the Pym Particles at the end of Ant-Man, so Marvel has to have something in mind.

As for AoS... don't pay attention to that shit. Feige certainly isn't.

They take out every known HYDRA base the week before Civil War and the week after Civil War, they killed the HYDRA Death God.

Pretty much every head of HYDRA has been killed at this point. Yes, someone could rebuild HYDRA, but its been completely neutered.

Are they allowed to use Madame Hydra? I know they can't call her Viper. But if they call her Madame Hydra and give her the green hair she had in the comics, is she good to go?

>Yes, someone could rebuild HYDRA
Trust in Bob. He can do it.

Oh, that sounds like shit. HYDRA Death God?

So happy Feige is ignoring this bullshit.

>He doesn't know the glory that is Squid-Ward

I'm surprised at how good that CGI was.

After Strucker, List and Whitehall (Kraken) were gone along with other secular HYDRA heads that were tricked to kill each other HYDRA was broken into various cells with no clear leadership. Ward tried to fill in as the new leader. Malick the guy who ordered to nuke New York in Avengers turns out to be HYDRA. Turns out there is an ancient cult HYDRA faction and they've been trying to get back their god who is an Inhuman back from exile for thousands of years on another planet. Ward joins Malick dies by Coulson's hand on another planet but becomes the new host of Hive.

To put it short Hive kills Malick's daughter as his brother was one of hosts sent on that planet as sacrifice, having his memory. Malick betrays Hive which leads to the US destroying HYDRA bases around the world. Surviving HYDRA Cult leaders volunteered to be turned to Inhumans died in an experiment by Hive's pet scientist Radcliffe's mistake.

We don't know what happened to Carson from Ant-Man though. He still has a vial of Cross' Pym particles.

>Civil War heavily implied they were dying/dead

Yeah, the episode before Civil War boringly showed the US government taking down Hydra.

And now their Death God is dead, so.

Bob got stolen by Fox.

So what if Zemo had set the Winter Soldiers free? Would that have been enough to justify another season of AoS?

>contradicts what happens in the show regularly.
no it doesn't, they just ignore it.

SHIELD is doing LMD's and AIDA next.

Although they generally move pretty quickly, so it might just be the first few episodes before they switch to something bigger.

Hive was a better villain than any of the movies'.

That would be too explicit to follow-up in spin-off material, normies would expect to see that in a future movie. SHIELD gets the smaller fallout like that one lady who was among those who were broken out of the Asgardian jail in Thor 2.

They have yet to introduce the Contessa. She'd probably be the most likely Madame Hydra.

Didn't Hickman make her into a triple agent for the Russians?

It helped that he only was like that a few times.

Bump

They are very smart with their use of CGI.

It works great with the tone of the show that they can't put rubber-people on screen because of the tone, so most of their CGI is set expansion and subdued powers.

I really liked the slow-mo yo-yo run. Best speedster effects so far in live action, to my taste.

>I really liked the slow-mo yo-yo run. Best speedster effects so far in live action, to my taste.

Let's not get crazy here, it was pretty average/subpar.

Yeah. Hickman went out of his way to pull shocking twists that were shocking only in that they contradicted everything ever.

it feels horrible

>tfw Ward's Wild Ride ended

On the plus side, one of the main antagonists of Iron Fist is Ward Meachum. Hopefully he carries on the Based Ward legacy.

Not to mention an antagonist in the AoS comic

Pic related: Ward vaporizing Coulson's girlfriend in an Iron Man suit

Hydra is currently considered as good as dead.

But it's Hydra so who knows if it'll last. I'd like them to at least take a break from having Hydra be the villains if they do plan to introduce another surviving Hydra cell.

Hydra are always the villains. Except for Bob.