What was wrong with this? I enjoyed it, also Reynolds dies horribly which was good

What was wrong with this? I enjoyed it, also Reynolds dies horribly which was good

it was a shitload better than alieums ancient covernant evil david.

Solid B movie

Thanks for the spoiler you wank stain

>What was wrong with this?
The taglines

It was alright. Just finished it.
Very reliant on characters feeding you exposition to explain why the alien is doing anything though.

Spoiled so now i will never watch kk

No internal logic.

There has to be a willingness to suspend disbelief when watching a movie but when all characters and events go against what was previously set up in the film, it ruins all the suspense and tension one would feel.

Also the characters suck

I'm going in there bro, fuck you

>but when all characters and events go against what was previously set up in the film, it ruins all the suspense and tension one would feel.
care to give some examples?

>Also the characters suck
Reynolds and the black guy sucked, but the rest was ok

don't worry, OPs spoiler doesn't matter since everybody dies anyways

I thought black scientist man was one of the more nuanced characters along with the Russian captain.

Kelvin being able to survive in vaccum and being able to move in the vacuum?

I liked that they casted a real Russian actor for once

Well it was grabbing onto shit and black scientist man says something along the lines of "Perhaps it can store oxygen for later."
I think they realised they had to add way more context for shit the alien does in post so a lot of its scenes have off-screen characters talking over it.

She is actually Belarussian, you dumbass

Nothing but tired tropes.
the best scene was Reynalds dying near the start but it just got worse from there. He also had the best line in the movie. "I fucking miss my dog" or something like that.

My biggest issue is that it was not only predictable but there was nothing original or interesting in the premise. And the monster was more cute than terrifying. plus the one scene where the girl drowns in her own space suit would have been good if the coolant didn't look like horrible cgi.

basically the definition of forgettable.

I recently watched it and its was mediocre at best. For me it felt like just another stereotypical alien movie (although good actors carried it somewhat). I mean we've seen this kind of alien movie a trillion times right? Nothing new and not better then the predecessors. Just didn't work for me.

Wow no need to be rude, friend

>Please make use of the spoiler image checkbox and spoiler tags. Purposeful spoiling of a series or movie is not allowed.

It was advertised as a horror when it had no horror elements at all.
The soundtrack was too upbeat
The alien was cute
Every problem got fixed almost immediately but didn't matter because the alien had magic plot-teleporting powers
It felt like a really slow action movie.

eat shit, movie came out in march

>Reynolds left in quarantine with alium
>tries desperately to scare it off so he can escape
>alium is backed into the corner opposite from door
>doesn't escape

>russian bitch out in space
>alium latched onto her
>realizes she has to sacrifice herself to kill alium
>pushes herself towards another part of the spacecraft instead of away from it

>black doctor injured, they escape to a seemingly safe location
>black doctor sees alium crawl around in the vents while the others are sealing off the room
>doesn't tell the others they aren't fucking safe

>crew realizes alium needs oxygen
>crew seals alium into room with no oxygen
>rescue crew from earth latches onto ship exactly where alium is
>for some reason the crew switches oxygen back on, and enters the room just to watch alium kill the rescue crew

>chinaman seals himself in sleep pod
>alium tries cracking it open
>alium is distracted and leaves chinaman
>chinaman gets out of the safety of the sleep pod just to watch the rescue crew get eaten (although he didn't even know about the rescue crew?)

>Gyllenhall and doctor woman take separate space pods to Earth
>Gyllenhall uses oxygen tubes to bait alium
>alium takes bait, enters space pod with him
>Gyllenhall doesn't just crack a bunch of tubes in the pod, close it from outside and enter the one with doctor girl

That's just a few.

Also, none of the characters had any traits that weren't set up just as a plot device (ie. chinaman has a family just so he can cry about them in the space pod, gyllenhall hates humans for no reason except so he has a "justification" to sacrifice himself)

>It was advertised as a horror when it had no horror elements at all.
I mostly agree, but the bit where it mutilates the black guy's hand and when the captain drowns to death right in front of Gylenhaal were pretty horrific in my opinion.
I'm not one of those stoic horror guys though.

yeah, there was basically no suspense. just very predictable

I have an answer for some of those, don't take this as me defending the movie though.
The Russian chick doesn't push herself away period, and when she floats away after dying it just jumps off of her.
They turn the oxygen back on because the Japanese member of the crew rushes there thinking it's an escape attempt.
It's established that Gylenhaal has to be in the pod to manually steer it out into space since the auto-pilot would take them to re-entry. He also probably couldn't launch the pod from the outside as well.

Really though the black guy not saying shit was beyond retarded. I think it's meant to be implied that he grew attached to it after caring for it since 'birth' but it's not handled very well if that's the case.

Your and idiot. Cliches speak to huge numbers of people. It seems the tvtropes generation will never understand this and will always try to do the edgiest, most original shit possible even though it appeals necessarily only to a narrow range.

Aristotle, Joe Campbell, even Bert Russell tried to tell you fucking mongs how to entertain huge crowds of people but no, tvtropes tells you tropes are bad so lets criticize anything more than three people can relate to. Fuck you dude.

>Literally see the ayy lmao is in space, not dying
>DUDE let's throw it out of the airlock!

Are you fucking serious?

They thought they were going o leech on the alien hype, boy were they wrong.

Bad characters (look he quips all the time, he's the funny one get it?)
Too much exposition, literally made for retards

The hypothesis was that it could store oxygen for a limited amount of time, which is why it sucked the oxygen dicks and also wasn't alive on Mars.

right up my alley thanks for the rec, sunday comfy movie here i come

>black guy pulls out his broken hand
>it flops downwards and dangles from his wrist
>even though they're in zero gravity

that's when I knew the movie makers weren't even trying

Didn't even think of that.

So why was it immune to flame and space ?

Also, what the fuck happened in the end ? It kind of attached to his head but the guy still lived ?

I love Rebecca Ferguson!

>rape eyes

>Belarus
>literally means white Russia

Use the fucking spoiler blackout next time cunt

>Reynolds dies horribly
Good, might watch it after all then.