Can we get a Sup Forums approved cinema thread going?

Can we get a Sup Forums approved cinema thread going?

I'll start

>12 Monkeys
>directed by Terry Gilliam
>a man is sent back in time to discover the origins of a deadly virus that will eventually wipe out most of the population
>mind fuck non linear plot
>cool dystopian sci fi elements
>nice commentary about humans deserving extinction and carrying on the best genes
>final twist implies a secret jewish elite group bet on the downfall of civilization while they protected themselves and their own future
>Cole may have been sent back just to ensure the virus gets released as planned
>free will and our reality is all an illusion. Our future is predetermined

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IsQypGlE7c8
youtube.com/watch?v=ebjMR9T1DWg
youtube.com/watch?v=-L5vDgPe7H8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree that 12 monkeys is a good movie but you have just spoiled it for anyone who hasn't watching it.

Are you retarded?

OP is in fact a faggot for ruining that movie.

Brad Pitt plays the best character.

12 monkeys fucked with my head in a way few movies have done before.

As for other Sup Forums movies, Death Wish. They get more crazy as the series goes along but the first ones great

Brad Pitt was made for that role.

Absolutely perfect in it

Didnt really reveal the true 'twist' about the final airport scene. Those were mostly just my thoughts on the ambiguous ending. Plus anyone who sees this film for the first time is probably going to be confused by the ending anyways.

Also pic related is a really good film with smart socio political themes. It takes place in a satirical regan era LA where bands of punks, government agents, ufo chasers and repo men try to track down a radioactive cadillac from space.

Its fucking awesome. They poke fun at regan capitalism by making everything in the grocery store have the same generic government label like "MILK" or "BEER"

Watch it

Cool fact: The Monkeys guitarist made Repo Man

Some good war/period films for you guys too

Breaker Morant
Apocalypse Now
Hamburger Hill
Barry Lyndon
Master and Commander
Letters Never Sent
Das Boot
Ashes and Diamonds
Lacombe Lucien
Ivans Childhood
Harakiri
The Thin Red Line
Seven Samurai
Bullet to the Head (john woo)

Redpilled as fuck.

Lol

i just found out there is a tv show remake of this. has anyone seen it? is it any good?

Uwe Boll films. There's a violent naivete about them that I find beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsQypGlE7c8
youtube.com/watch?v=ebjMR9T1DWg

AFRICA! Where pestilence, carnage, and rapine are not disasters but a way of life!

youtube.com/watch?v=-L5vDgPe7H8

I just watched Eyes Wide Shut last night. I highly recommend watching it.

Mulholland Drive

I thought the original Wicker Man was pretty good.

I think le jetee is better. However the 12 monkeys... of distraction is an awesome topic.
What is important about le jetee is that it touches on a cultural phenomenon that began at the dawn of world war 2. The age of nuclear energy and the desire for the human will to have control over it. At the same time creating a much more "holistic" approach--whether it works or not is up for debate-- to stopping whatever dangers loomed. As we are energy sentients as well. I was told that people that were subject to such excercises were called donors. They donated their heads. 12 monkeys plays on the same philosophy but with a more vivid rendition of the psychological effect experienced during the loop.

It starts with a mere breathing technique. Then they say put your mind in a white state. Then they put your eye piece. All your focus goes to putting your mind in a white state, then you become turmoiled by the inability to keep the "white" state. Its a very interesting film nonetheless with some very cool history behind it.

How is the show?

Surprisingly not bad but I feel like it will devolve into the walking dead meme trash

Havent seen La Jetee yet but it looks really interesting. I think its on youtube too?

Also post moar about the philosophy of 12 monkeys