/who/ - Doctor /who/ General

Shitty promo pictures edition
Last one -

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/status/873649351385632768
twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/status/873249596914487296
youtube.com/watch?v=0mcPh5rKHbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this really the best thing you could come up with?

Were they too scared to have him actually fall over and damage the costume? Couldn't they have just cut to a different angle instead of making him fall over like a digital cardboard cutout?

Is there any place where i can see how much were spent on costumes/set versus script quality/acting?

because the sets are pretty great, but the general acting and script quality is subpar. It seems like it's written by a 14 year old.

Yeah visually that felt like it was supposed to be a joke but tone-wise there was nothing funny about it.

Doctor Who? More like Doctor Poo.

there's always time for bad promo pictures

Reminder

Ants?

I laughed at when Bill fell down the hole.
Literally just camera pointing at her face moves up quickly

What is this user?

>It seems like it's written by a 14 year old.
Worse, it's written by Steven Moffat

Those messages were fucked up. Classic autism.
>I am not interested in you and I want you to stop messaging me
>silly female, I have measured our compatibilities and know I am destined to fulfill you sexually. You may not like me now but if I keep messaging you we'll be in a relationship by the end of the year

Every time I feel bad for myself, I remember that people like adam orford exist and I piss myself laughing

Famed stalker of Jenna Coleman is as horny as he was memed to be

That one was also pretty bad. They didn't even have bill drop just a tiny little bit onto the ground so her body bounced or at least reacted to the impact in some capacity

>when waifuing goes 3d

what's the age difference?
Should he be reported as a pedo?

>Apophis
Whad did you mean by this? SG-1 as an example of good or bad qriting?

>writing
my bad

Who is he talking to?

Man, half the reaction videos on Empress have no clue who Alpha Centuri is. Feels bad man

>My parents would never let me bring you home

topus kekus

Never seen the classic Ice Warrior episodes, was that weird box thing how they really killed people?

I'm glad they actually made new spacesuits instead of just reusing the Water of Mars ones yet again.

It's like adam's completely oblivious to the fact that relationships are meant to go both ways, and it doesn't matter how much he wants it to happen if the other person doesn't consent

Some girl who's part of the dwsr crew or some shit. Aka one of the few females adam has contact with, so naturally he started thinking of her sexually

Sorry user, the camera stayed static. She fell.

haha who's ready for another thrilling "misunderstood monster" episode next week where it turns out it's not really evil, the humans are the real monsters?

Has Rona Munro ever written a story like that?

Two new spacesuit designs in one series

wew

Well, it happened. Gatiss wrote the best ep of the series so far. The 'this will be so epic!' Monk trilogy turned out to be garbage, and Gatiss churned out gold.

The only Ice Warriors episode I can remember well is Seeds of Death, in which it was a screen warping effect and then the person just died. I don't remember ice warriors using their weapons in either of the Peladon episodes

Those spacesuits were from Impossible Planet/Satan Pit, user

Survival

Yeah, I mis-remembered. Just rewatched now. still shit

I doubt we're ever going to see that steampunk spacesuit with the mini gramophone again though

I honestly had an even bigger reaction than the Curator reveal in the 50th, I was laughing so much. I still can't believe they framed it in such a dramatic way. That must have been so confusing to most of the audience.

It'll probably show up in the background of a shot in like 5 series time when they raid the prop and costume cupboard to fill a crowd scene.

What's this now, i havent been on /who/ for a while

No, but it's a pretty cool effect. I don't really understand how it related to the Ice Warriors but I hope it sticks.

They should've had the balls to overlay a slight bone-crunch sound effect. As they were, they may as well have gone "boiing!"

it only happened today
Adam's being a creep and doesn't understand what 'no' means
twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/status/873649351385632768

twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/status/873249596914487296

>Something for all the #DWSR contributors, leave all photos and comments below!

don't you see /who/ THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO SEND SOMETHING TO CAPALDI HIMSELF
We need to get our best memes out and get them on the poster card thing dwsr are organizing

>Whad did you mean by this?

Both shows are campy as fuck, but at least there is some consistency in sg-1.

Send him them texts from Adam

Why would you want to see a heavily context-specific design again anyway?

There was something creepy about how comical/harmless the end product is though. It's like they were turning people into pieces of harmless pieces of rubbish in a single second.

>Adam, love, in hte nicest way possible; it's going to have to be no from me. cryingsmileyface

Who is it that this adam is talking to? Does he/she have the autism? Does he/she not realize that putting a cryingsmileyface at the end of a sentence removes the sincerity of the message?

Maybe it's just me having autism, but do people not realize what they're implying sometimes?

>2. There are tigers on Mars – – ***** ones.
>6. A set piece recalls the famous scene from β€œThe Tomb of the Cybermen.”
>10. DO NOT MISS THE FINAL MINUTE OF THE EPISODE!

What were these? was 10. just Missy being in the Tardis because that's hardly something you could miss.

that's the only emoji they know how to use

6. I don't quite get. People were saying "the moment they all wake up" and I was waiting for a big reveal of a hive with various Ice Warrior pods. But as far as I can see, some IWs woke up and stomped down some stairs.

What tigers were there on mars?

It's used as a passive-aggressive "apology" usually communicating exasperation and weariness, like a sarcastic enthusiastic expression.

I think it's exasperation in this case

paper tiger?
it's the first thing I thought of when reading it but I hope not because if so that's a fucking retarded hint to give

There was that shot of all the cells lighting up with ice warriors inside them later on.

2.The commander gets called a paper tiger by one of his dudes or the Doctor.
6. Is the scene in which the empress wakes up her ice warriors.

what said
it's passive-aggressive patronization because she got sick of playing nice and he clearly wasn't taking the hint. Adam quite literally did not take 'no' for an answer so she's not left with many other options

She probably should have just blocked him straight out, but then again that probably would have made the fucker just come to her house

the world of normie is a weird and odd one.

Oh, I must've missed that

oh so it was actually mentioned. I didn't even notice. That makes it less retarded

>putting a cryingsmileyface at the end of a sentence removes the sincerity of the message?
No it doesn't.

post pics of best mommy Michelle Rodriguez

>She probably should have just blocked him straight out

She should've laid it out straight instead of saying that her parents would never let her bring him home, that gives him false hope.

She should've said: fuck off not interested, if you keep messaging me i'll report you for harassment.

Done.

>No it doesn't.

>i hate you :)
>i hate you.

which one is most sincere?

>victim blaming
>defending a stalker

You're forgetting the nuances of the crying laugter emoji
It can be used as a patronizing "haha you're so pathetic I'm crying myself laughing", it's' not always "this is so funny we're both in on the joke"

It really shows that Sup Forums is your only source of social interaction.

>She should've laid it out straight instead of saying that her parents would never let her bring him home, that gives him false hope.
>She should've said: fuck off not interested, if you keep messaging me i'll report you for harassment.

She literally said all that shit prior to mentioning her parents, and it didn't work. She probably mentioned her parents because she thought that would be a more concrete "it's not just me who disapproves of you" but like you mentioned, it could be taken the opposite way too and adam clearly did that

>t really shows that Sup Forums is your only source of social interaction.

I said i have autism.

>It can be used as a patronizing

Yes but in serious conversation, you should remove all factors that may distract or confuse what you're trying to convey

I'm just projecting myself into his mindset combined with the waifuism knowledge i've gained from this place so i can accurately predict what type of sentences would work to get him to stop typing.

Adam is anything but a normie

>Yes but in serious conversation, you should remove all factors that may distract or confuse what you're trying to convey

If you're speaking to someone with autism perhaps. But to normal people, this conversation seems to have extended past the point of civility and she's now getting genuinely (and rightfully) mad at him for not taking 'no' for an answer. She tried acting civil and direct and it didn't work, so she tried being snarky and patronizing. It also didn't work so she went for the public shaming. Hopefully that worked.

>I said i have autism.
I didn't read that far into your original post, sorry. I just saw you accusing the girl of having autism for using an emoji in that way

>type of sentences would work to get him to stop typing.
Your mistake is thinking that such a sentence exists. He clearly doesn't care that she's not interested and he refuses to take no for an answer. Creepy aggressors like this don't just magically back off if you phrase the 100th no in a slightly different way.

oh my god /who/ are we really arguing about the use of the crying laughing emoji?

if true we can hardly criticise adam for being socially inept

How shit is the current season? Has the show been infected by the notorious BBC sjw'ism?

Last season episodes were either cool build-up and a terrible conclusion, or just bland from the start to finish. Is this season better or worse in that regard?

>Has the show been infected by the notorious BBC sjw'ism?
There's a remark or two per episode that promotes left wing ideologies.

It's a fairly consistent season apart from the limp Truth Monk 3 parter. I'm not sure whether I like this more or less than Capaldi's first season but it's definitely better than Season 9.

shut up cats. emoji-user literally has autism and adam crossed a huge line. show some tact or I'll give you what for

doctor poo

That's it. That is the gosh darn straw that broke the frankly patient camel's back. You choose to come in here, a place where we have poured hours of our lives into watching, analysing, and theorising about one of the, if not THE greatest science fiction fantasy drama world history has ever known. Were it not for the relatively small size of our island nation and its population, Doctor Who would be a world phenomenon that would astound the viewing masses with its intelligence and brilliance. I don't exaggerate when I say it's probable that, were the show to be aired in China it would bring the nation to its knees. And yet, in spite of all that, you choose to come in here, in the midst of our dialogue, and spout your HATEFUL, INCORRECT AND SLANDEROUS WORDS LIKE IT'S NO BIG DEAL! Well guess what mist: it IS a big deal. Bigger than you'll ever know. I can't begin to describe how furious I am at your comments; I was prepared to let them slide the first few times, but this has gone on far too long. You're going to know punishment like you've never known before. I know who you are buddy; my uncle is a high-ranking moderator on this site, and my dad has connections with the police. We're coming for you, and it ain't gonna be pretty. I'll set upon you with instruments you'll wish you'd never see again. Know what a sonic screwdriver is? You'll wish you didn't by the time I'm finished with you. You just sealed your own grave; the only thing you can do for yourself now is run. Run, and pray to whatever Gods are out there that I'll extend some mercy upon you. This is it kid. The worst ordeal of your life, and it begins now.

yes yes you don't need to post it every single time. show some restraint or it'll lose all its funnies

youtube.com/watch?v=0mcPh5rKHbc

NEW CLIP LADS

What the fuck is wrong with you? Who gives a shit if someone says Doctor Poo?

enjoying your first day on Sup Forums?

>POV is back
based rona

That shot at 0:26

It's not my first day, so how about you fuck off? Kid.

>Is this season better or worse in that regard?

It's "better" than last season for sure, but it's still poor execution and terrible conclusion galore.

The set design and costumes are top notch though

HAHA BILL GUESS WHAT YOU THOUGHT I HAD BEEN GENUINELY SUPPORTING AND ENCOURAGING THE MURDER OF INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR SIX MONTHS BUT I WAS DOING IT IRONICALLY THIS WHOLE TIME

thanks, I saved it the first time/

>The set design and costumes are top notch though
you've got to be kidding me
costumes? maybe. probably.
set designs? god no.

this episode was pretty bad i have to admit, bunch of badly made rocks

but inside tardis is pretty nice

Here they come they're on a roll, where they'll strike nobody knows. If you have a point to prove, they'll make a plan and see it through. They'll sign you up to join their crew, Doctor and the ninjas too. Here we go, come and join the prank patrol.

Last season:
>Oh no, Doctor is dead, how is he going to, oh nevermind, he was just pretending for no reason
This season:
>Oh no, Doctor is evil, why is he, oh nevermind, he was just pretending for no reason

What went wrong with Whithouse?

>Was the regeneration a bit too much?
>No no, I thought it was a nice touch. The whole "active involvement in the bad guys plan to enslave humanity" thing on the other hand...

i was joking user. relax your anus muscles

Is this the most detailed plan in the world for a ruse?

If this episode was made today, they'd be brave a mirror the reality TV styles cinematography. Season one is GOAT but the budget must have been so small

have at ye, scoundrel!