Most disappointing horror movie of the 2010s

This is it.

I thought it was alright.
If somebody didn't have any prior knowledge of Lovecraftian themes and ideas they'd be scratching their head pretty bad though.

It was a full length film backed by shitstarter what the hell did anyone expect?

i think the third act was were the movie really started to shine

I really liked it. I wasn't a big fan of the monster design for the Daughter though.

I woke up when they brought up the Lovecraftian (read: Silent Hill rip off) monsters then fell asleep again until the end.

I have no idea why the cultist suddenly laid down on the floor to get their head accidentally smashed in by the monster.

It was a straight-to-DVD movie with fantastic practical effects. I don't think you were sold anything other than that and really have no right to be disappointed.

It was fucking crowdfunded on Indiegogo and made for under 100k. What did you expect? Set your expectations more realistically next time.

I wasn't expecting anything and it was a good surprise

>made for under 100k
That's actually really impressive.

low budget movies usually are

Shut up faggot. This movie is about as Lovecraftian as Sesame Street.

>MUH TENTACLES

kys

Why would you say that?
Especially with that final image in the movie. Remember the otherworld with the giant monolith?

i enjoyed it so much i saw it twice
it must feel bad not being able to enjoy fun movies

Patchwork disappointed me a shitload more. Had a crazy interesting premise but did nothing with it.

as a huge "lovecraftian" fan I was expecting good cosmic horror and neside the first 5 minutes and last scene the whole movie was extremely shitty

Eh, I liked it. May have been because of the great practical effects or because it positively reminded me of Prince of Darkness. I was a bit saddened by the lack of a proper "cosmic scale" and the nonexistence of the epistemological themes that are the best thing about Lovecraft.

As far as "proper Lovecraftian" movies go, Borderlands/Final Prayer, Noroi: the Curse and Occult are much, much better.

I liked it, thought it was great.
Acting was bit bad and showed too much of monsters but it was good.
Honestly calling it worst horror movie of the decade means you haven't watched anything but transformers you retarded pleb

>it positively reminded me of Prince of Darkness

It was like a John Carpenter mash-up desu. Assault on Precinth 13th + Prince of Darkness + The Thing + badass synth score.

Seriously, the movie is good if you need a quick Carpenter fix. Though you might as well just watch the OG movies instead

It had some minor flaws, but overall it was a great movie with some amazing imagery. Enjoyed every minute.

Thoughts on this movie?

pretty good

Personally loved it, I ejoyed the cinematography, the prop design and the underlying messages.

It'll obviously remind you of The Thing and yeah, you might argue that it's a cheaper version of it with shittier music, acting and special effects - but it wouldn't be fair to the movie itself, in my opinion, as it's trying to kind of do its own thing. Think about it as a mumblecore horror in the vein of I Can See You, the kind of minimalist supernatural horror that oozes out of a /x/ greentext (if the writer had the tiniest inkiling of creative ability). You either like the style or don't.

>mumblecore
What
I think that's a term for trendy teen movies dude

You think that because you are stupid. Don't post next time if it will be a showcase of ignorance.

Showed him

Well, I've always seen the term used to define movies with "realistic" characters and low production values (in the "willingly lo-fi" sense), with a focus on emotions, convoluted, unclear storytelling and dialogue. Also, fuck

That is amazing.
Seems impossible. This could/should have been in theaters.

This is for fans of cosmic horror and movies like the mist or the thing.

I liked it alot.

Yeah, and that definition (which is right) is pretty much a synonym for 'trendy teen movies' :)

Affirmative.

Lost faith in movies in general after watching this. Worst goddamn script of the year, that's for sure. People shit on The Mummy but the "cool" alternative is just as if not exponentially more shitty. Only explanation is that producers and filmmakers are all Jewish nepotists or w/e.

t. producer of The Void

GTFO hack

Did you guys like beyond the gates?

Truly amazing.
And we true fans of The Void™ are now deeply eager for the opportunity to purchase the Blu-Ray of such a fantastic, epic movie!!

Fuc* the haterz, btw

i fucking hated this movie, so much wasted potential

No seriously you'd never have guessed.

No. No way.
But the movie is worth watching.

this

shame it was 80's to a fault even right down to the bad acting

for what it was tho it was fucking impressive effects wise

Yeah but it's Carpenter watered down for babies.