What would you do if you had his powers?

What would you do if you had his powers?

get stabbed like 80 times

What's his powers?

Why is Caesar so widely respected despite being a literal tyrant? I'm not shitting on the guy here but I'm genuinely curious as to why he doesn't get the same scorn that most dictators do.

Kill niggers.

Normies glorify ancient tyrants, warlords and mass murderes simply because they had an impact on history.
I think they can't connect history to reality or something.

The same people who consider staring at a girl in the train sexual assault, will defend Genghis Khan and his mass rape/slaughter religiously.

Tyrant: a cruel and oppressive leader
Caesar wasn't cruel, he gave the plebs plenty of bennies

Well these days it is mostly because he makes for an interesting character in a story. But back when Europe still still into kings and shit, Caesar was seen as the guy that showed Rome that the republic was nothing more than an interesting experiment that was doomed to fail.

So the kings and monarchy supporters used his story to demonstrate that monarchy is actually the way to go. And a lot of people still find some appeal with dictators and kings even if they understand that it isn't something they can advocate for in public these days.

No one has ever defended what genghis khan did. They just think he's an interesting figure. There is a difference between being amazed at all he accomplished and defending impaling children on pikes. Or raping so many women there is a .5% chance you are related to him.

People don't necessarily like Caesar but they do respect him because he was a great man. He made incredible achievements in both politics and warfare and it's hard not to admire a man like that.

I've seen plenty of apologists portraying him as a "badass", stating that his campaigns were "merciful" for the time.

People definitely look away from his brutality to glorify him as a person.

>tfw you publicly declare yourself a god but no one goes along with it
fucking fedora tipping douchebags

epilepsy

Yeah well cunts will argue than the Einsatzgruppen was 'suppressing partisans' too so there's not really an upper limit on wilful misinterpretation of historical events. Muh 'mite makes rite'

The Senate was way worse because it was no longer independent and just a corrupt branch of the wealthy landholders and the elite.

People openly welcomed Julius and Augustus, because compared to the landowners they were benevolent.

>ywn a CONSOLE OF ROME

Fuck shit up in Gaul

He basically replaced an inept and massively corrupt oligarchy with a functioning and relatively benevolent autocracy, it's not like he came in and toppled a democratically elected government and started purges.

Augustus tried that, it didn't go well.

>No one has ever defended what genghis khan did.

John Green does. There are lots of leftists who call the Mongol invasions progressive

>there is a .5% chance you are related to him.

Only if you live in specific parts of asia

>t. I know nothing about roman history

Africa was the white man's grave until quinine became available.

Kill Brutus

Hoi redditoi can understand a reason like that. He refuses to meme me, CIA to Bane, Big Guy For U.

Yes that's why I asked. Can you not read or something?

Is he GOAT of human history?

Isn't that Baphomet?

i cant think of anyone who comes close

Hitler u scrub. 1000 year reich for 12 years, conquered like no man had ever before for 2 years.

lol'd

>conquered like no man had ever before
Except of course for Alexander, Genghis, Timur Lenk, Napoleon, etc etc

This, don't forget how Vikings are glorified and considered progressive because "muh wimminz rights" or some shit, even though they were pirates and murderous rapists

>implying those were MEN

Light the biggest fire the north has ever seen

I've a fwiend in Wome named Biggus Gaius.

>in 200 years "Hitler did nothing wrong" will be a commonly accepted point of view

>he didn't get dvbs

I can only dream.

Way too long to wait for.

Avoid getting shanked by Brutus and his mates, which was pretty easily avoidable to be honest. Caesar was kind of asking to be assassinated by the end.
Agricultural reform, break up the massive estates of the landowners and ensure small farmers are protected. Make sure Octavian is well established as heir fairly early on. Go through with the Parthian campaign and avenge the death of Crassus. Make Armenia a vassal, annex Judea and Egypt, then go back to Rome and live out my last years in comfort while Octavian takes the reigns of power.