Oldboy

So what was the big buzz about this movie? I get it it was influential, and I liked it when I was 13, but I re-watched it and maybe the subtitles were wrong, but the whole movie was so all over the place. Sometimes it was uncomprehendable, in a minute he falls asleep, the girl doesn't call hospital but brings the guy to home, she chats with the main villain, I had to re-watch the whole restaurant scene two times , because it wasn't clear what they were doing...
Plus the ending is just bizarre for the sake of it.

It's overrated as fuck.

DUDE I FUCKED MY DAUGHTER LMAO

Did you even watch it? They were hypnotized.

>trying to be condescending by implying it's only something a 13 year old would like while admitting you have trouble following the plot and dialogue

lmfao
your insecurity is a bit obvious op

> Sometimes it was uncomprehendable

It is pretty overrated thanks to being the first break through Korean hit. It is good, but it's got nothing on Memories of Murder or The Host or I Saw the Devil.

>The Host
>good

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and yes, I am thinking of the Korean one with the cartoon lizard-fish too

I Saw the Devil is one of the few Korean murder dramas that I absolutely hated.

/thread

Spike Lee's version is better. Fight me you dumb niggers.

Is anyone else tired of how many films/shows have copied the whole "hallway battle"?

I feel like every action show I've watched, and most of he action films, have all used that same style, and it's vetting stale.

me and my mom used to watch it together every night when I was in middle school

> Daredevil hallway fight scene
> Door closes on fight to disguise a cut
> a minute of fighting sounds while staring at an empty hallway
> 10 seconds of fighting
> camera turns to face wall to disguise another cut
> 10 more seconds of fighting
> camera turns 180 degrees to hide another cut
> a bit more fighting
> all characters leave hallway for a second to disguise another cut
> off camera punching sounds

At this point why even bother?

You are still underage it seems. Either this is bait or you have the intelligence level of a reptile.

Why was Dae-Su so upset that he fucked his daughter while he was hypnotized? If I was in his situation, I wouldn't be happy about it, but I wouldn't be so upset I would beg Jin to make her forget and even cut out my tongue.

Is this because incest is seen much worse offense in South Korea and he wanted to preserve his honor or did he do it because he didn't want to be arrested?

>implying you wouldn't

Memories of murder > Oldboy > The host >>> I saw the devil

Memories and A Bittersweet Life are my absolute favorites. Why didn't you like I Saw the Devil?

That was the scene that told me just how full of shit the Daredevil hype was. Everyone lauding muh hallway fight and it's so lazy, phony, and smoke & mirrors at best. Stopped watching after that episode and haven't looked back.

It's a very very very mediocre Korean film

>no mention of chaser or yellow sea

WEEEW

Watch a tale of two sisters to get dumbfounded even further.

Watch the making of, it's actually cutless. Don't ask me why they made those dumb decisions.

Not him, but the repetitiveness becomes tiresome.