This is it. The one question you LOTR fanboys will never be able to answer:

Why didn't they just fly the eagles into Mordor?

Other urls found in this thread:

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Wizards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because tolkien is a hack and eagles are a lazy plot device

Tolkien considered the eagles as an explicit plot device and compared using them capriciously to subvert the arduous journey to using a helicopter to fly up Everest when the goal is to climb and conquer it, woop woop juggalo for life mmfwcl.

Because Big Ben would have saw them and summoned the dragon riders to attack. Sure they could have used the eagles later on during the battle to distract the eye, but they were close enough already.

The eagles would have been too easily tempted by the ring.

they would be shot down when they reached mordor, as they explicitly state in the book

Serpents would have stopped them

Eagles are cunts and won't do a job that's easier than picking up a couple of tiny hobbits.

The eagles are divine beings like Gandalf and aren't allowed to use their power to solve the major problems of mortals. They'll save them from wolves and lava, but destroying the One Ring is a trial meant for the ones who are set to inherit middle earth.

>it's another "character A starts singing causing character B to cry while Aragorn undresses Frodo" episode

If the eagles would have helped then Gandalf would have suggested it you idiot.

Why didnt they use them to get them near mordor and then get down before entering?

Does anyone have that lotr jpg like pic related?

It would be a shit story

They would have been way too exposed even then. Sauron's spies were everywhere.

Why didn't they just throw the ring into the sea?

That wouldn't kill Sauron

Gandalf planned to take them to the Eagles but got fucked up in Moria. He tried to tell them.

>Fly you fools

Heh thanks

sauron would have seen it coming and at that point his forces weren't distracted/dead. eagles weren't all powerful beings. if he saw it coming he could have just sealed mount doom.

>he saw it coming he could have just sealed mount doom.

tolkienfags really are dumb as shit

it's a fantasy world with magic bruh i aint gotta explain shit just turn your brain off lmao

He means block up the entrance or at least have it guarded.

why the fuck didn't they take this path? makes way more sense.

but it doesn't

they could have just taken some boats down the brandywine and sailed all the way around to gondor

Sam and Frodo had no concept of where they were when the Fellowship split up and just did the best they could without the guidance of Gandalf or Aragorn.

Their initial goal was to get to rivendell though

Again though, the hobbits set out from the Shire without Gandalf so all they really had for direction was to make their way toward Rivendell.

Why would they want to kill Sauron?
He only ever wanted to help the peaceful people of Rhûn and Haradrim to get some of the fertile land in the west.

The orcs we're just a tool for the greater good. Who is to say Middle-Earth wouldn't have its own Enlightenment and Industrialization when ruled by Sauron?

You, and the majority of the cast, doesn't even speak his language. Everything we know about his plans and motivations is through tales which are thousands of years old and because of translations from a select group of Elves.

Maybe Sauron had a very good Casus Belli to declare war on Gondor?

He sure seems to at least try to innovate and advance civilization instead of the cuck monarchist in Minas Tirith and Rohan who try to keep the population stupid and under their thumb by providing "protection" to them.

>lotro
>one of the NPC is an obvious homage to Tolkien
>one of his dialogues is him deciding that eagle's would be ending the story too soon
Eagles were a mistake

>Tolkien considered the eagles as an explicit plot device and compared using them capriciously to subvert the arduous journey to using a helicopter to fly up Everest when the goal is to climb and conquer it, woop woop juggalo for life mmfwcl.
That's fine and all, but if the only hope of saving the world was at the top of Mount Everest the world leaders would probably opt to use a helicopter.

well then they could take the goddamn river near rivendell

they were supposed to meet him in bree

Gandalf the Gray has no powers over them, only when he became the White he gained the control of eagles, but Frodo was missing

Not if they wanted to get there in absolute secrecy

This is the right answer. They're not really eagles. They're a different kind of etheral being and they're completely impartial to the plight of men. They have their own agenda and only get involved when they feel like it. A bit like the mods on here.

If Sauron was so benevolent, why was his own base of operations a desolate wasteland?

so impartial that they fucking help at the black gate battle

Except that river is flowing the wrong way

anyone got the edit with the wormhole? always makes me laugh

this is quite possibly the dumbest thing ive ever read on Sup Forums. do you think you can only travel down a river one way?

>not just sneaking through the ass-end of nowhere

They could at least use the Eagles to get to a base camp

No they weren't. Gandalf was supposed to come back to the Shire but they couldn't delay any longer so they went off without him. Bombadil was the one that directed them toward Bree.

In a canoe? Yes. Also Hobbits generally don't fuck with water unless absolutely necessary and none of them had the skill to traverse a river upstream

Thats only the part around Mount Doom.
Mordor has plenty of fertile, green lands.

>believing Elvish propoganda

>going 2000 miles without being seen by a single animal or person

um no faggot.

Because the eagles would be shot down. How retarded is the internet?

>The ocean is draining into the mountains
sure, pal

uh, the fellowship traveled down the other river after lothlorien for quite a while.

get to rivendell
get some boats
get the other people to row them
get to gondor

Yes but I'm specifically talking about Barad-Dur and the immediate area surrounding it. If Sauron was a kind ruler, wouldn't he spruce things up a bit around the homestead?

I assumed he was referring to the Greyflood

If you recall they were beset by orcs while going down the river. It was not a safe path. They were sitting ducks.

They didn't want to get to Gondor

why didn't they just get the eagles to file their taxes

did you miss there part where I said 'sneaking'?

Boromir wanted to. Sort of.

Its where the breeding pits are and the majority of his army is stationed.
If you keep 200.000 humans in the same place it would also go to shit.

Still didn't refute the point that the other 90% of Mordor isn't like that. We don't even know what possibly lies further east.

We as the viewer/reader simply lack the perspective to see all of Saurons motivations. We don't get all the facts is all I'm arguing.

gondor is right next to mordor, that's the point

that was after lothlorien. they were attacked by the nazgul before they reached rivendell, but it's a fucking magical elf river and they can't cross it

The route they planned on taking over emyn muil was quicker and far less conspicuous than going to Gondor.

Where'd you get that notion? They were in the process of crossing the river until Gandalf conjured up the flood that took them out.

who lived in isengard before saruman made a orc army

Saruman

I said they have their own agenda fagit. Sometimes they get involved, sometimes they don't. Google Manwé and the Valar because I can't be fucked trying to explain it to.

do you not remember the flock of spy crows that spotted the followship in like no time? even without saruman there would be just no way to just fly to mordor with the nazgal patrolling and sauron's eye constantly watching.

Isengard was a fortress/outpost built by the Numenoreans.

but its huge

Orthanc was probably the meeting spot for the White Council. Saruman most likely had plenty of visitors coming and going before he was corrupted.

the eagles are creatures of their own will they only helped when they wanted to.

>Fellowships departs Rivendale on a squadron of eagles
>Eye of Sauron sees them coming from hundreds of miles away
>Dispatches squadron of Nazgul dinosaur things to intercept

While IL-2: Wings over Middle Earth sounds like it would be an awesome movie, it clearly isn't the best way to destroy the ring.

Why didn't the Fellowship just use magic to build a helicopter that flew them to Mount Doom

yea the eye is so amazing that it fucking sees frodo IN mordor WITH the ring and didn't do fuck all about it

>That wouldn't kill Sauron
why would destroying the ring kill sauron in the first place?

The eye was distracted by the army of middle earth. If Frodo had put on the ring that would have been the end of it. It's different in the air: there's no rocks to hide behind and Sam can't bail your ass out for the 1000th time.

why didn't Eru just reshape the world and start again?

Why didn't Sauron just kill himself?

Why didn't they simply use boats to go downstream around Dunland and march alongside the western coast to reach the safe lands of Southern Gondor?

I thought the Fellbeast creatures was one of the main reasons why they didn't fly

I assume that the ring's enchantments are only as powerful as the one who made it, i.e. Sauron.

So someone with more powerful magic than Sauron could destroy it outside of the conditions its innate enchantment requires, i.e. the fires of Mount Doom.

So why didn't they gather the wizards and get them to collectively use their power to destroy what was in the mystery box

There's like... 7 of them.
Do they have a biological radar which can scan the thousands of square kilometers ranging borders of Mordor?

Most of them are searching for the ring in other areas.

Do they keep an eye on the Eagle's airbase at all time?

Can't the Eagles create a distraction with the other hobbits as bait to get Frodo safely to Mt Doom?

In ROTK one Eagle can easily tear apart a Fellbeast. How many Eagles are there even?

>They see eagles coming
>Something's up
>Station gazillion orcs literally at the entrance to Mount Doom, they seal it completely
>Nazguls can't beat the eagles in the air? Just land on the ground and let the archers take them down if they dare swoop attack.

What happened to the two Blue Wizards?
lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Wizards

>>Station gazillion orcs literally at the entrance to Mount Doom, they seal it completely

>Mount Doom is a volcano
>Eagles are flying

Can you spot the weakness in the orcs' strategy?

Mt. Doom didn't have a big conical opening on top. It only erupted when the Ring was destroyed.

Canon or not I'm gonna go with this.

Since we all know the Ring amplifies the power of whoever wears it since it makes Hobbits, the sneaky race, invisible, why didn't they just give the Ring to someone who could jump really really really far so he could just hop over the Black Gate into Mordor?

if my memory serves correctly they left and were never heard from again..

probably pulled a radagast and found someplace to chill, smoke, wander nature and become inspiration for the psycedellic posters in Spencers Gifts in malls everywhere

The entrance is slightly below the frame, supposedly the eagles manage to fly up there uninterrupted, they'd most likely be fried and feathers gone when they make it to the tip. Say they endure the high heat and literal fire right next to them, dropping the ring wouldn't work. The ring was forged inside the mountain, not on top of it, so it has be dropped into the bottom lava lake inside. I was saying that the orcs would fill the entrance below completely sealing it so no one would get through.

Then how does Mount Doom light the sky of Mordor with a red glow?

eagles would probably suffocate within mordor and get turned into fried eaglet if they could get inside the mountain

But the lake of lava is accessible directly from the peak, as noted by the fact that it erupts from the top when the Ring is destroyed. The orcs couldn't possibly seal over the entire mountain. As for the heat and such, the eagle could just toss the ring from a short distance.

It makes all mortals invisible you mong

>Frodo walks around inside barefoot
>Gollum walks around inside completely naked
>neither are bothered by the heat at all
>neither suffer any kind of burns
>somehow an eagle would get fried to death from flying above it.

It's just bait

The eagles picked up the hobbits as the volcano was erupting, faggot, and nothing happened to them

It is not, if it was, it would be impossible to enter the way Sam and Frodo in movie did. See my illustration.

I don't know what that thing is, but for some reason I want to fuck it.

>We as the viewer/reader simply lack the perspective to see all of Saurons motivations.
reading all of the Lord of the Rings, plus the supplemental materials, gives you more than enough clues into "Sauron's motivations," you fact-starved brainlet.