This is a REAL shared universe

Damn...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
youtube.com/watch?v=kBNSfZCK7AU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pure kino. Can't wait to watch Justice League forty five times and find the shit like this that will be in there

>Senator Finch assumes Lex' mother role
>dies by fire
Implication being that Lex is a demon. More irony backfiring on Lex.

Snyder won't let us down

I guarantee you he didn't think that one through

BvS is filled with Lex statements that basically backfire on him immensely. The most prominent being him saying devils come from the sky, when he's the one styling himself an angel "philantrophist" with his twisted halo. It's fucking poetry.

Post kino, boys

Is there anyone that unironically liked BvS here or is it all shitposting

I thought it was good. I really don't understand where all the criticisms of it being convoluted come from.

The martha part was kinda dumb but hardly damns the entire movie.

BvS is well-liked on this board. You will have the usual suspect Marlel shitposters trying to poison the well but they're usually easy to spot.

My favorite is "fists and abominations."

I love BvS but those runners-up really undermine that poll's credibility.

I love this movie. MoS, too.

But Whedon might.

>Zod threatens to destroy earth
>Aquaman and Wonder Woman don't even bother showing up when he starts to terraform earth
What were they doing that was so important? I mean I can excuse the Flash and Cyborg not being there since they probably haven't gotten their powers yet. But if someone threatens to destroy the planet you don't simply say "Hurr durr humanity dissapointed me once already" and ignore it.

It's important for the movie to use symbolism the way it does. It all spawns from the concept: "What if Superman was real?", "How would it affect humanity?". This is shown globally in catastrophy (the 9/11 event), and more intimately through the characters of Bruce and Lex, basically what happens is the frontiers of fiction and reality are blurred, imagination takes over reality and provokes confusion, as well as trauma to resurface (all those are Snyder-ish thematics, mostly from Sucker Punch). Superman is a symbol made flesh, a living mythological being. Boorman's Excalibur talked about the passing of the Mythical/God's Age to Man's Age, Snyder studies the opposite. It inherently demands us to take our art seriously, as a reality that affects our mind, therefore we have a serious film. A film that becomes inherently meaningful in his use of symbolism, character's emotion and state of mind are linked to their surrounding, so the inside and outside are merging, and it is what symbolism is, that projection process. By so doing we are seeing the film in the same ways the characters are living it, this is a return to a mythical age.

aquaman was balls deep in mera and wonder woman was in gaza helping build settlements

I appreciate all the imagery in these movies and all the meaning behind them, but none of it really says anything. Like, X represents Y, but the movie doesn't make a statement about anything.

Also the movie flatly fails to connect with the audience, which is perhaps the most important thing for any piece of art to do. You can write a thousand essays on what a painting means, but if it doesn't evoke anything within you, it is effectively worthless.

>fong isn't doing JUST league

DC hadn't figured out what to do with them yet.

If it isn't obvious to you by now that the entire DC Extended Universe is being made up as they go along, you're an idiot

>people who don't realize man of steel is about the suffering the world have to experience to get a hero like superman

>but none of it really says anything.
Examplify.

>people still haven't seen A Thesis on Man of Steel

youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

>I'm older now than my father ever was

Mhmmm. Giving birth is always a painful ordeal.

This fucking shot. It deserves becoming a full painting. Fucking bravo Snyder/Fong.

They were hunters.

The textures on Doomsday don't look right.

BvS has huge following in Vulgar Auteur circles. I consider it a great film myself.

don't know why but that posture makes doomsday kinda look like a roman statue

>updated DCEU slate next month along with another league trailer and aquaman teaser

It does, though. MoS and BvS push th themes of false gods and perception defining reality. It's there from the very first scenes. Superman is perceived as a god, and all mankind's focused belief is what's reawakening magic and reactivating the Mother Boxes.

Did you notice how not even Ares would reveal himself to the world in Wonde Woman? JL is probably going to reveal why - it's dangerous. It invites attention out there in the dark, among the stars.

Gotta say making "Doomsday" Zod was the most effective way you could possibly introduce the character.

Every time. Every goddam time.

It's terrible. And I could give a fuck about marvel movies.

It's superior to his comics origin in every conceivable way.

Sometimes I wish they just let Snyder do a Superman trilogy from birth to death to rebirth. All this Universe thing dilutes themes between authors. Snyder's vision seems to differ from Jenkins/Ayer and more to join. I hope Justice League becomes a proper conclusion for Snyder's trilogy with closure.

youtube.com/watch?v=kBNSfZCK7AU

>the movie flatly fails to connect with the audience

But it clearly did connect with its audience, the fact that its audience isn't Marvel's mass-market demographic is neither here nor there.

But what is any of that saying? "False gods" isn't a theme in and of itself. What about false gods?

Visually it's very Snyder from the trailers but as for the movie itself, after having seen how much WB interfered with SS who knows. They did a bang up job with WW but I have no doubt they had a very close eye on JL.

That was clearly the intended audience though.

>muh cgi cinematography
>muh overbloated screenplays that cant even be concise nor fully committed to the themes its trying to tell
for me it was man of steel. the imagine of superman in handcuffs that made me want to believe it would be a great movie on par with the dark knight. and during the movie that scene amounted to only 5 seconds of footage of superman just walking down a hall. fucking piece of trash it you ask me. although batfleck was the only good thing to come out of the movies desu

redditor plebs must leave

What about what? Lex deems Superman a false God, as he is disgusted by the notion that Superman exhibits all the traits of geniune God. Lex also hates the notion that Superman, an alien "posing" as God directly interfers with his plans, a man "posing" as God.

And their subject is Bruce Wayne, who both possess power over. Their conflict is fought through Bruce's decisions to reject one God in favor of the other.

But reddit loves BvS.

even tho the movie is meh, the cinematography of synder films are top

That was most definitely not the intended audience.

This and the bit of him in the sky about to help people stuck on a roof during a flood are things I'd love to get prints of

That shot is not in the movie, just saying.

>wonder woman was in gaza helping build settlements

>so much symbolism in BvS
even retards could clearly see what shillder was doing with the whole gods vs man thing he didnt even use an ounce of subtlety. pleb shit

Snyder's DC films are human. That's why they're so valuable. It might sound a bit tragic that humanity needs to be pointed out and praised in superhero films but that's the state of the genre. Snyder took a genre now lacking of humanity and morality and turned it into an introspective study of superheroes in a real world. Superman is an actual boy, then an actual man than an actual Superman as can be as accurately portrayed as possible without it devolving into the absurd. He is a myth but also a man. He is a God but also vulnerable. He is good but also uncertain. He does wrong with the intention of making good. He makes hard choices where he has to sacrifice one ideal to protect another, more important ideal. All this reaffirms the man in Superman. Snyder takes the Superman and cranks up the Super and Man to its breaking limits. Every shade of Superman comes off bright and clear.

>all computer generated
>""""cinematography""""

>huge budget
>marketing everywhere
>shared universe shit
You are wrong.

You complained just earlier that the symbolism wasn't there but now you're whining it's not subtle enough, even though we just had to explain it to you.

Are you 12? Do you think Marvel invented the blockbuster genre?

How subtle...

So? Do you go and stare at the fucking Greek statues or Micheangelo's paintings and cry they aren't subtle?

Those are studio decisions. The decisions made by Snyder in the making of the film are directly at odds with pandering to the public audience as a whole.

>You complained just earlier that the symbolism wasn't there but now you're whining it's not subtle enough, even though we just had to explain it to you.
you must be talking about another user sweetie the symbolism is crap anyway would've done a lot better in the hands of christopher nolan hell even quentin taratino wouldve done a better job at least they're passionate about movies

BvS was expected to make Avengers money.
To get that, you need an extremely big and varied viewer base.
The intended audience was the exact same as Marvel, but it failed to connect with the audience.

I'm saying that both Marvel and DC have the same target audience.

I'll give you that. But the director should shoulder responsibility for the final product.

You I'm sure it was "another user" even though it's the same illiterate poser who always does the same embarrassing posts with the same grammatical errors on repeat. But sure we believe you.

Why does Doomsday have no penis though

Sure, but Doomsday was a shitty inclusion to the film in the first place, so that point is kind of moot.

Who said you need the Avengers audience to make Avengers money? Are you saying that Avengers was going for the Avatar audience then? Or was Avatar going for the The Dark Knight audience?

Reminder that Avatar won the oscar for best cinematography

>the director should shoulder responsibility for the final product.

Yes, and he did. The director has authorship over the film, and while the studio might have intended for the film to have mass appeal, Snyder clearly didn't. As you say, responsibility for the direction and purpose of the film falls to the director.

"another user" here. He's right, stop being paranoid.

That's nice, but can we address

1. John Kent died to save a fucking dog
2. He would literally rather die than let people know about the existence of Superman a few years early

>BvS
>user compares it to greek art and micheangelo
because the greeks and micheangelo were doing it not for money but because they wanted to. shillder on the other hand just wants to be a second class michael bay and try to act more """sophisticated""" than him. at least michael bay knows what he's doing.

OK, first do you understand that a central theme of MoS is the fallibility of man as relates to the assumed infallibility of a Superman

The Neon Demon was amazing though

>BvS is well-liked on this board.

by autistic manchildren, yes

>Are you saying that Avengers was going for the Avatar audience then?
No because no one expected Avengers to make that much, most people expected it to be a clusterfuck which it was

Not at all. In the trial of proving yourself a man to man, Clark must commit to the ultimate sacrifice of being a man, mortality. A BvS without Doomsday would've painted Superman as precisely the indestructible alien that Bruce feared and thus the story would end up incomplete or atleast ending on a note that would prove Bruce's xenophobia right. Doomsday is crucial to Superman overcoming the final test of becoming a man in the eyes of men.

I'm comparing your annoyance with subtlety (lack of it) to how masterpieces were not subtle in the slightest. The notion of subtle = good is false criticism by pseuds.

Did you consider that Costner wanted to be in the film as little as possible?

Only Refn flick I've actually watched is Bronson.

MoS was pure stand alone. But after that, they sat down and planned out an overall arc.

>Martha part was kind of dumb

Pleb

I love Zack.

>because the greeks and micheangelo were doing it not for money
Uh. What? I really love it when these marvel drones pretend they know what they're talking about. Such as attempting to discredit Snyder because he isn't working for free.

Still can't believe that Affleck ended up being the best part of the movie. Definitely should have gotten a standalone.

>posts stills of zakie shillders batman movie with his jesus christ bullshit
>notion of subtle= good is false criticism by pseuds
you're reaching there m8 and man are you retarded

>the greeks and micheangelo were doing it not for money

what, you think it was a hobby?