Germany migrants: Doctors oppose asylum seeker age tests

>Germany migrants: Doctors oppose asylum seeker age tests

>German doctors have spoken out against proposals for young asylum seekers to undergo mandatory medical tests to ascertain their age.

>The German Medical Association (Bundesärztekammer) said the checks were ethically wrong and unreliable.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-42540593

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/mg21428644-300-with-no-paper-trail-can-science-determine-age/
welt.de/gesundheit/article172102879/Alter-Wie-genau-laesst-es-sich-durch-Roentgen-bestimmen.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sad
but
>The CSU says it will push for the tests to become compulsory in coalition talks with the Social Democrats, who oppose such a move.
if its compulsory, doctors will have to comply

I don't get it

Basically all asylum seekers says they are underage to get more social benefits. The government wants doctors to age test them but they don't want to do it because it can harm them

Whats so fucking funny about it?
Such test requires an X-Ray. Among other things.

Medical imaging relying on ionizing radiation (at least in Poland) requires written consent, (unless it's an emergency life-threatening situation in which you are unable to refuse/consent than every card is allowed including scanning a female in pregnancy, becasue it poses risk and inflicts injury on the patient.
Forcing medical personnel to inflict bodily harm on someone against their will would probably fly in the 3rd world state of Monkeydonia but definitely not Germany.

It would be a totalitarian move and Germans would be massive cuckolds if it wouldn't spark an outrage.

And almost all of the migrants have been young men.

>The government wants doctors to age test them but they don't want to do it because it can harm them
wrong. the government uses the "expertise" of a few doctors to not introduce these age tests

shut up
just say "cuck" and go
you do not belong here

Self report studies, eh? They median age is about 25

Yeah, probably. Doctors usually don't give a fuck.

You get more radiation from flying in a jet for an hour then you get from a single chest xray

>it can """""harm""""" them
>0.098 μSv: banana equivalent dose, an illustrative unit of radiation dose representing the measure of radiation from a typical banana
>this check: ~0.1 μSv to the hand
>0.25 μSv: U.S. limit on effective dose from a single airport security screening
>5 to 10 μSv: one set of dental radiographs
>1.5 to 1.7 mSv: annual dose for flight attendants
>10 to 30 mSv: single full-body CT scan
kek

And radiologic technician stand behind a lead lined door with a shielded leaded window panel yet they still carry dosimetres and are obliged to have lengthy leaves. But it's "safe" amirite.

RIght I keep forgetting I should lower my expectations whenever in a Sup Forumseddit thread.

>an intelligent Pole

I like you

I looked 25 at 15 so I can sort of see why this would cause issues. I've never been carded for anything in my life.

Fuck off, you leftist shit

Because they do it many times a day you retard

Are you actually retarded

>Doctors, as in literal experts in the field, say these tests are unreliable
>DUDE LET'S DO THIS ANYWAY
I mean I guess it looks good on paper that you can say "We test everyone so we can determine if they are underage", but in reality, if someone wants asylum he can challenge the test [spoiler]and in all likelyhood be recognised as a teenager anyway since those tests are not good enough[/spoiler].

>margin of error of +-2 years
you can't tell in the borderline cases but that should be good enough for a significant amount of cases

Where do you get that number?
I found a pretty comprehensible article on that subject and the bottom line seems to me that with the various methods aviable there is no way to determine that without reasonable doubt: newscientist.com/article/mg21428644-300-with-no-paper-trail-can-science-determine-age/
Also I stand with my opnion that the Bundesärztekammer knows more about medical procedures and their limitations than any politician out there.

>xrays are leftist

welt.de/gesundheit/article172102879/Alter-Wie-genau-laesst-es-sich-durch-Roentgen-bestimmen.html
Usually somewhat reliable; I remember them interviewing some kind of expert about it a while ago but can't find it right now. From your article I got
>A rival atlas compiled a few years later indicates a mean chronological age for wrist maturity of 17.6 years – give or take 1.3 years. So most “children” have “adult” wrists before 18
I don't know if that's the same procedure (the article being from 2012) - it very well might be - but that doesn't seem too contradictory.

>Doing tests before giving away taxpayer money is a violation of muh rights

If they are pregnant, they're too old to be children anyway. Everyone else can go into the X-Ray machine.

jesus christ, maybe the wipe out of the polish intelligentsia actually did happen. Either that or the bait is juicy af