Cartoon Hangover Now a Subscription-only Service

From their Facebook page:
>"Announcing a new home for Cartoon Hangover.

Thanks to the folks at Ellation, Cartoon Hangover will later this year be part of a brand new subscription service called VRV (you pronounce it “verve”). As you can imagine, we’re pretty well stoked.

In a nutshell, VRV will be a collection of channels including Cartoon Hangover, Rooster Teeth, Crunchyroll, Geek & Sundry, Nerdist, Seeso, and more. Subscribers can pay for the whole shebang or smaller packages of different channel combinations. Individual options will also be available. No prices are announced, yet. VRV will be available on your mobile devices as well as on the usual TV platforms, including Microsoft’s Xbox One.

Does this mean what you think it means? Well, we’re not sure what you think it means, but we are confirming Cartoon Hangover on VRV will be your destination for new episodes of 'Bravest Warriors' and 'Bee and PuppyCat.' Expect new shows, too, from Frederator Studios and other top-notch producers. Talk about burying the lede!"

Seriously, fuck you, Cartoon Hangover, and fuck Bravest Warriors and Bee & Puppycat.

Other urls found in this thread:

frederator-studios.frederator.com/post/145981623722/cartoonhangover-announcing-a-new-home-for
roosterteeth.com/post/51268255
youtube.com/user/mashed/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And nothing of value was lost

>Crunchy roll

Shit, does that mean I have to pay to watch Ultraman?

>nerdist
>geek and sundry
>crunchyroll

So, the people who contributed to the kickstarters, have to pay a monthly subscription too?

apparently they're still getting their episodes early

OH NO WHERE WILL I GET MY 120 FACTS OF TRUE CLICKBAIT LISTS NOW?

Motherfuckers.

dang it, and I was looking forward to the upcoming Go! cartoons shorts they're co-producting with Sony

Why'd youtube have to go and change their monetizing to cater to let's players

>a channel dedicated to making cartoons, which can't even do that right anymore, is now dying hard enough that it needs VRV fucking who to keep it alive

>people who helped with kickstarter still need to pay for monthly subscription

they moved those months ago to the main Frederator Channel, they haven't had one on the Cartoon Hangover channel since march

Don't they sell merchandise? I saw Bravest Warriors and Bee and Puppycat shit everywhere.

That doesn't help them? What about Youtube ad revenue?

frederator-studios.frederator.com/post/145981623722/cartoonhangover-announcing-a-new-home-for

>(Don’t worry, Bee and PuppyCat Kickstarter backers; you’ll get your cartoons before the launch of VRV.)

>What about Youtube ad revenue?
A few years back youtube changed the way it handled ad revenue: Before it was based off of number of views, now it's based off of minutes of videos watched and frequency of uploads (which isn't convenient when it comes to animation)

also now that adblock has been a thing for several years now, now you can't even make ad revenue back half the time

>Rooster Teeth

I trust Sup Forums to continue posting Mega links for new RWBY, so I don't really care.

>Cartoon Hangover, Rooster Teeth, Crunchyroll, Geek & Sundry, Nerdist, Seeso
>It's all just clickbait and/or shit you could literally watch online for free without even pirating
Are people actually going to fucking pay for this?

Also
>verve
Isn't that the name of a pyramid-scheme energy drink?

This shit is stupid, but it'd be a cool idea if places like Cartoon Hangover actually made, you know, cartoons.

I would totally pay a monthly fee to see some weekly cartoons, maybe the occasional commissioned short.

Problem is, here you're paying a monthly fee to watch shitty clickbait videos and the promise of one short a month maybe.

There will be Mega uploads for BW, so no biggie.

Been here for years and never learned what RWBY was. Fill me in?

>Rooster Teeth

Does that mean RWBY's gonna be behind a paywall?

But they don't even make cartoons anymore.
They expect people to PAY for their garbage minimum effort "107 facts about my prolapsed anus" videos?

roosterteeth.com/post/51268255
>Q: Is VRV only for Rooster Teeth Sponsors?

No, it’s available to everyone, including Sponsors. If you are a Sponsor, you get all the same video access on Rooster Teeth through VRV as you would directly through our website. If you are a regular user or public visitor, the content will be ad-supported on VRV just as it is on RoosterTeeth.com, and you won’t have access to the Sponsor exclusives, but you will have the option to change that by becoming a Sponsor through VRV or RoosterTeeth.com.

Q: Will you still put your content on YouTube?

Yes, we will still put all of our non-Sponsor exclusive content on YouTube just as we always have. We don’t have any plans to change the release schedule, other than we will continue to make more new shows and increase the amount of content we produce overall, including free/ad-supported and Sponsor-exclusive. There will, of course, also continue to be special cases for individual projects, like Lazer Team, that work best being released in some entirely different way. Those projects will most likely be more movies.

Really doesn't sound like Subscription-Only, OP.

that it is. i unfortunately got sucked into that shit for a while

Anything worth watching will leak to free avenues of viewing

Anything not worth watching isn't worth watching.

Net effect: Anything too artsy/quirky/taboo will rot and die alone and unloved on a subscription service no one will buy.

G R E A T P L A N

>never learned what RWBY was. Fill me in?
It's just a cartoon done in anime style, with anime fights and all that, it's mostly popular because the original creator died.

Do they still make cartoons or is it just "25 facts you didn't know" crud?

fucking this

Animation is expensive as fuck. Seriously I saw this shit coming from the beginning, there's no way you can even break even from Youtube's meager pay.

There's a reason every top channel on there is some fuck sitting in front of a camera

>youtube used to have a wide variety of videos
>now it's 90% lists of things

Seeing as how youtube fucked over animators in favor of LPers by having your revenue based on the length of videos. So it makes sense to me.

>Even Markiplier, the biggest Youtube success story out there, admits that Youtube is a shitty platform for genuine content production

Hangover's stopped having the clickbait on the Hangover Channel (it's been moved to the main Channel Frederator channel)

see

Fuck maybe geek and sundry will finally die. Thanks to the op for the news drop.

So Bravest Warriors and Bee/Puppycat just kind of died out right?

maybe this is why we haven't seen the rest of Bee and Puppycat

Youtube is so fucking shitty.

At least nothing good was lost.

I hate how blatantly jewish YouTube has gotten.

Not PewDiePie?

Whats the difference?

PDP has more followers and is a legitimate millionaire and minor celebrity.

Markiplier, whom I actually prefer, is still a Literally Who.

Not surprised something like this happened. The algorithm change put a real wrench in their plans to take animation to YouTube. Not only that but even their 107 Facts shit is underperforming. A couple weeks ago they told the freelancers who write them that part of their business was being put under examination. Of course this was a few hours after they told everyone they were shutting down completely. If you pay attention to their uploads you'll notice that they've already gotten behind schedule on their 107 Facts videos.

Can't even get paid doing the things you love on YouTube anymore to the point the only way you could possibly try is by playing shitty click bait videogames for ADHD children to watch

Remember YouTube red

On the bright side it sounds like they'll be getting funding to crank out new and old shit more frequently.
Then again it is turning the channel into an actual job, I worry that the shows might lose some charm from that.

How do you get a channel of Crunchyroll? I thought that was its own service.

I don't understand these announcements or how these convoluted channel systems work and I just want all of these outdated TV practices to die before I'm too old to care enough to post about my confusion on the internet.

I literally thought Cartoon Hangover was just posting stuff that was on TV. That's actually its own thing? So why do they do those awful fact lists? I can't imagine anyone deciding to look at their channel after seeing that kind of content.

the fact lists (which they moved off of cartoon hangover onto the main channel frederator channel) were to probably get money because of how youtube changed up their ad revenue algorithm

The the sea mammal thing they had a while back was simply a dub of something that was from a similarly formatted Chilean channel

>What is RWBY?
It's crap show

> I don't want to kill my fellow YouTubers
> Only on YouTube red

I don't have anything else to say

Man I defend Google on a lot of things but YouTube was better off without it

>I defend Google on a lot of things

>Mah privacy

>stop caring about things

im not referring to that
defending something like google is just stupid

And for drama channels that cause drama and shit

>Mondo media is in a comatose state
>newgrounds is more of a gaming site
>NOW THIS
I guess hyun's dojo is the only hope for small beginning internet animators if they want to become famous....

>change algorythm to remove reply girls
>screw over animators, YTP, parodies in general and comedy skits
>youtube has basically zero competition so they can do what they want.
I really wish some big names came togather to make a website that had the old youtube algorithm and shilled it.

>Mondo media
hmm, is that from the same guys who had the dick figures cartoon? what happened?

>NOW THIS
calm down budro

So pirate the shows you want.
I don't see why this is an issue.

>VRV (you pronounce it “verve”)
kek
reminds me of "it's pronounced cee ohh"

Those guys that make the Chinese adventure time bootleg series even uploaded their episodes there too

>I don't like getting advertisements relevent to my intrests

If we pirate than that company wouldn't make its money back and even more creativity would die

>implying i want to see advertisement at all

So... there will be new Bravest Warriors episodes. That's good news.

Would that really be so big a loss?

>Keemstar exists
>Keemstar is a man in his 40s who is allowed make youtube videos about shit some literal who's arguing at each other through Skype while he makes it possible to eating popcorn and bananas can make you look like an asshole
>Keemstar vs Leafy
Cancer vs Cancer

>Monetizating animation solely through youtube

Adsense will never be able to support a full staff unless you're making Pewdiepie tier views which is impossible thanks to the algorithm. Even people like OneyG, who animate lazier shit than Hangover's 107 facts, has dropped animation and started a patreon for podcasting.

Animators cannot survive on Youtube alone.

/thread

This sounds like business suicide. There fan base doesn't have any money for that shit.

>They expect people to PAY for their garbage minimum effort "107 facts about my prolapsed anus" videos?

my sides

If you didn't like it then why were you taking the time to pirate it

>Pewdiepie tier views
I can get liking a guy and his jokes, but I will never understand how someone can gain the title of "Youtube Phenomenon" and become a fucking icon beyond just having fans and getting invited on talk shows and getting in tv shows just because he plays some games.

Sure, lets say I'm out of the loop and maybe he does do more now than play games? I don't think he does, but if he does, I doubt it's anything of such big reward.

I'm not saying I hate him, I don't really care either way about him, but Markiplier is in the same route, I don't hear about him as much as pewdiepie but he's been on a fucking disney show recently too.

>title of "Youtube Phenomenon"
*internet phenomenon

>what happened?
Remember how the YouTube algorithm changed?

They're one of those channels that died right after

Hey, does anyone remember when Channel Frederator was a podcast collecting indie animations? Was there something to replace that or did they kill it?

>Remember how the YouTube algorithm changed?
what?

and they posted something 4 weeks ago

And no one gives a shit about those

who said you had to? the point is the channel is still posting "Cartoons" and at all, it's not "in a comatose state"

Adblock does shit you get payed per length of view no matter what as some one who tested it extensively

Youtubers who complain about it just do so in hopes people feel sorry for them/let them make a patreon

This
That doesent mean adblocking isent immoral as fuck but honestly YouTube fucked there ad system so much I'm not sure there deserving of a sucesfull advertising program anymore

Imagine being someone invested in a free series only to have it delayed to shit because fuck you you're going to pay for it now

It's a good thing I'm not one of those people

>Channel trickles original content like a clogged funnel trickles jello
>Last ACTUAL cartoon they released was Fin Punch (Fucking Fin Punch) more than a year ago
>Still riding the Bravest-Warios and Bee-n'-Cuppypat train with merchandise shit, despite them being flops.
>Thinks having VRV will help in anyway
>Cuts out more potential audience with nothing worth paying the subscription for
>Fucked kickstarters

They're entertainers. Thats all there is to it.

>I would totally pay a monthly fee to see some weekly cartoons, maybe the occasional commissioned short.

You would have to be one of many who would pay hundreds of dollars to make this feasible. Actual tv networks spends months making a season worth of 15 min cartoons that only last for a couple weeks.

With that said, there is a channel that posts weekly animations. youtube.com/user/mashed/videos
Surprise, its NG tier shit. The only one of note is the Otaking one and he worked on that for months.

Any one who has an understanding of how time consuming and expansive quality animation is to produce has wonder how was Federator producing a show from Youtube revenue.

fuck youtube

it's original content is all for teens anyway

I feel so ripped off by Bee and Puppycat too

>I don't see why this is an issue.
Shows like Archer are getting cancelled because people bypass methods that allow the networks to determine how many people are watching which advertisers require to justify paying their ad rates (which in turn fund the production).

This isn't Japan where production companies front costs, end up broke and hope to recoup their costs from vastly overpriced physical media, or CN where merchandise licensing is the endgame.

Use your head, user, you're smarter than this.

>Animators cannot survive on Youtube alone

Clue me in here, does Newgrounds monetize and pay its contributors?

Nat let the cheapest jews in animation produce the show and despite their hiring one of the more competent Korean studios to make it, Frederator lowballed what they were willing to pay to the point that the studio told them "you get retarded marshmallow girl, take it or leave it."

Not saying I had a high opinion of B&PC, but she couldn't have fucked up harder unless she'd gotten Bandai to make it.

Does it matter what age you are to make content cause we watch shows made by people probably in their 30s- 40s make cartoons hell even video games my only complaint is that animators took the route that indie developer took that doesn't require big companies to make their content

>youtube has gotten so bad it makes tv look good again.

Great, so now we're regressing.

what was good in the first place that doesnt still exist? you got the lets plays, the shitty animations, unboxing, reviews, sexy clickbait news fails thumbnails ...?

Adblocking only hurts YouTube not the content creator they pay the content creator no matter what I tested it I uploaded 2 videos both private and had my friends and me messing around trying to get 10 cents on both, one we used Adblock the other we did not I got ten cents for both with the same amount of views as I said people who hate Adblock just want attention

Decent fan art though.

They only churned those out because YT changed their rules about what constitutes a "creator's channel", i.e. how many videos you have to produce per month to partake in their monetization. When they started out, occasional uploads of new episodes and a few short scenes were all that was needed.

Not sure, but I'd bet that's part of the reason why Cinemassacre is just constantly uploading unscripted content these days.

I came here to say the best thing about this news is that it will hopefully allow Frederator to focus more on actual animation and not struggling through Youtube's red tape.

Copyright strikes weren't given out like free candy
Customization for channel homages was better
Youtube partners could customize their channel logo under their videos
Ratings system
Respond videos could be linked directly

>Copyright strikes weren't given out like free candy
is the only thing that sounds important

oh god i feel bad for you user
>mfw my friend's friend dragged us to one of their conference meetings and tried to get us to join
>mfw i was amaze no one realized this shit was a pyramid scheme