What do you think he did after the events of Watchmen?

What do you think he did after the events of Watchmen?

His old bio said he'd live to be 150

Using World War II as a precedent, the alliance between America and Russia probably fell apart almost immediately, so he probably spent the rest of his life creating more and more monsters to keep people afraid and working together.

an hero

His ass got found out.

Live as a recluse and continue to influence the world with his products.

Rorschach's last journal entry revealed enough info for anyone to find out what he did. The problem is that you can make links to Cheney doing 9/11 too, but how many people believe that.

Do you think people in the Watchmen universe ever joke around about the squid explosion being an inside job?

I've always wondered what the criminals would think happened to Rorschach. The guy busts outta jail, visits Happy Harry's, and then disappears forever

it's probably what would give credence in that scenario.

Normally, Rorschach's just a nut job to the public, but just suddenly dropping off the face of the earth and his last entry is something like that?

A bit ominous.

Makes me wonder if Ozy eventually becomes a Republican Serial Villain like he mocked and ends up stopped because he put off implementing his next masterstroke plan.

>Makes me wonder if Ozy eventually becomes a Republican Serial Villain like he mocked and ends up stopped because he put off implementing his next masterstroke plan.

After Watchmen is a great idea, user. I'll pitch it to DC.

The fate of all long lived and intelligent men is to become the little girl whether magically or through science.

When the squid failed, he decided that genocide wasn't enough. He built millions of penis robots to rape the entire earth's population in order to bring about world peace, for real this time.

Reminder that he did nothing wrong

He killed his extremely loyal servants for knowing too much, but allowed the four other "watchmen" to walk away

Also, he killed comedian purely out of spite
Plus, he got his secretary killed during the phony assassination scene

>squid takes out economic center of world (and wasn't there more than just the one in NY?)
>Veidt smiles as he sees glibal alliance declared in wake of tragedy
>stops smiling the next day as global economy collapses overnight
>just sits there in Antarctica watching the world fall apart and wishing he hadn't frozen his garden room

Nixon did Squid/11

>His old bio said he'd live to be 150
As far as I know, I don't think he has superpowers. He's just intelligent. How's he able to live to 150?

I always used to suspect he was secretly using some of those gene modding research a bit on himself.

On the otherhand, given how ridiculously well he lived and how he, in some ways, was meant to be the "perfect" human being, is it a surprise.

No, stop! What have I done?!

My theory is that the whole plot to save the world only came about out of spite to prove the comedian wrong for lighting his presentation on fire back when they were all still together. Ozy saved the world for a petty reason.

He would probably try to eliminate borders next and unite the world into one government much later in his life. Then he would put himself at the top of it.

>Banishes himself to England out of guilt (nothing ever ends, Adrian)
>Fascist government takes over Britain to protect its citizens from threats like the aliens.
>Eventually starting arresting people who they don't like because fascists and won't not
>Adrian gets arrested for being a gay lord.
>Gets tortured, thinks to himself "this is bullshit"
>Breaks out of prison and becomes a vigilante and develops a fascination with failed assassins from the 1600s

Healthy life choices.

Technical progress in Watchmen moves faster due to Dr. Manhattan advancing certain aspects of it. It's refrenced in the articles at the end of one of the chapters. I believe the first NiteOwl also mention it hurt his car business.

Am I crazy for thinking David Hasselhoff would make a great Ozymandias?

That wasn't Ozy's presentation, that was one of the v1 Minutemen, the closeted guy in the red suit.

My main nigga Captain Metropolis. It sucks the movie took him out of that part.

POTTERY

Stop this meme

your mom is a meme

I actually like this idea. Adrian Veidt... Veidt, V.

Yeah, it's one of my only (small) gripes of the movie. Ozy was as interested in the meeting as Comedian was in the comic, wasn't he?

This gif is seriously spooky

No, he even proposed they make him the leader of the crimebusters

Ah, must have remembered it wrong then. Guess it doesn't annoy me in the movie now.

That's why him organizing the meeting in the movie is a fine change. There's no time to develop Captain Metropolis as a character. I also think Ozymandias starting the whole thing puts an interesting spin on his character.

If Manhattan allowed the journal to be published it means it made no difference in the future, isn't it?

Manhattan was under the influence of tachyons, he wasn't able to see what would happen to the world's future at the time, which is why he killed Rorschach as a just in case more than "I know the outcome."

Uh, no. His whole plan was to transition humanity from the Dr. Manhattan age. Once Dr. M was gone Veidt knew the world would blow itself up, so he kicked Dr. M out early so he could enact his plan to shock the world into peace, just to see it through the transition to a Dr. M-less world.

He didn't suggest to be the leader outright, but Comedian did accuse him of that. Veidt was still invested in the group though, pic related.

It makes him more conceited, but I think it's a little anachronistic. The dialogue about saving the world matches the attitude he got from the failure of that meeting. Originally he wasn't concerned with global problems at that point.

On a side note, the scene also fucked with Rorschach. They made him just as aggressive as the rest of the movie, which is again anachronistic because he hadn't gone nuts yet. Pic related again, panel 5 - He's well reasoned, speaks in full sentences, and doesn't have a squiggly text bubble.

Continue.

Poor Captain Metropolis. He was on the verge of tears after that fiasco. Just wanted to feel cool again.

Funnily enough by kicking Dr. M out early he more than likely massively destabilized the world as the comic states that Dr. Manhattan synthesizes the massive quantities of lithium needed for the electric cars that dominate the American auto industry.

Fair enough. You make some good points.
As for Rorschach, I don't think it's as big a deal as you make it to be.
Yes, he was aggressive because the Comedian just told him everything he's doing is pointless and will accomplish nothing.

wasn't Rorschach's journal basically unreadable?

didn't DocHat spend half the comic building a machine to do that for him?

Ozy is trying to win a one-man war against human nature. His quest is ultimately a futile one. He will never be able to create lasting world peace, and when he's no longer around there will be nothing to carry on his legacy. Maintaining peace through manipulation and lies is inherently counter-intuitive compared to igniting mistrust and war, which is why it's never worked.

Travis Bickle ramblings in chicken scratch.

Rorschach wrote a final draft that was more legible.
The "unreadable" one was confiscated by the police, remember?

He became a sashimi chef specializing in squid.