Yesterday I watched 7 of the Friday The 13th movies one after the other and I don't know what to think of it

Yesterday I watched 7 of the Friday The 13th movies one after the other and I don't know what to think of it

They are entertaining dumb movies but what's the general opinion here?
I do think the first one was by far the worst one, and the best one for me was Jason Lives, probably because I like that Frankenstein Jason way more

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5K7KZfQ28NE
youtube.com/watch?v=WcRf8BVQvu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, I don't the first one is the worst, but I admit I don't find it as entertaining as some of the later ones.

For me: 4>6>3>1>2>7>Jason X>Freddy vs Jason>Jason Goes to Hell>8>5

Damn it, meant to say "don't think."

more than half of the running time of at least the first 5 of these movies is made up of scenes of characters puttering around an empty room or wandering around calling other people's names. it's excrutiating

friday/elm street >>>>>>> halloween

part 4 and the reboot are the best ones.

The reboot was great. It had a likable cast and all the elements that make for a good Jason movie. A lot of people here seem to hate it for some reason.

i'm against horror remakes on principal. i feel like every true horror fan should be.

just remember the shitturd bumper crop of bad remakes we got after zack snyder's soulless DOTD remake. it's bad for the genre, don't see horror remakes

Probably people hate it because it's modern and new

I haven't seen it in a long time though, OP here currently watching Jason Takes Manhattan

I agree with you on certain ones like Halloween, TCM and Day of the Dead but it's not like Friday the 13th ever really aspired to being something great. Sean Cunningham was certainly no Toby Hooper or John Carpenter.

I think elm street is better than both Friday the 13th and halloween but desu I haven't seen the halloween movies in a long time

>I watched 7 of the Friday The 13th movies one after the other and I don't know what to think of it
>comes to Sup Forums to ask what they should think of it
Fuckin kek

Can we all agree Jason X is the true plebfilter?

Meant, Dawn of the Dead but I assume the remake of Day also sucked.

Best Girl

I think you put part 7 too low

This thread is a viral marketing campaign for the video game that just came out.

>Probably people hate it because it's modern and new
This. I just watched the remake after years of avoiding it because of the negative reviews. I'd agree that it's one of the better ones. The cast was good, and the plot was better than most of the originals. What a lot of people seem to forget is that the originals aren't good movies. They're campy and fun, but as movies, they're pretty shit, and the remake certainly isn't lower quality than any of them. It doesn't have the same nostalgia factor, but it's better than most of them as a film.

Maybe, my opinions on the movies change every time I see them and it's been quite a while since I saw Part 7.

This.
They had Jason go to space so its not like you could really do anything crazy or far fetch that would "taint" the franchise. And the reboot did a lot better than most of the other movies. The only thing it lacked was the cheesiness but it still worked with the crazy kills and jason was pretty badass. Also killing off the girl that looked the shed normally be the typical lead girl that kills jason was a cool twist. So id probably rank this one second, after part 4. Part 4 just had a really good campiness setting, and the kills were really over the top. Pretty sure like 4 people and a dog got thrown through a window if i remember correctly.

Also TCM reboot and its prequel actually wasnt that bad either. The original is still much much better but this one definitly wasnt bad. And the prequel was cool for killing off all the kids.

That 3d one was dogshit and that new one coming out seems like itll be even shittier. And the halloween and nightmare on elm st was pretty awful as well.

Not exactly, I decided to watch all the movies because of the game that I haven't played, I watched the red letter media stream where Jay is playing the game, looks pretty good

its actually fucking shit UNLESS you have a full group of friends to play it with. jason is massively OP if you dont have a coordinated team and its basically impossible to win without a team that communicates against a non-braindead jason.
its literally a worse version of dead by daylight with a jason skin.
its 100% stream/lets play bait and will be dead within the month.

That's what I was afraid of ever since I found out they would be launching it without any single player content.

I love the first 4 Ft13ths. It has a fun continuation going on.

John Carpenter's Halloween is a masterpiece that's better than all of the Friday the 13th films and A Nightmare on Elm Street films. However, Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street are better franchises. Halloween was never able to recapture the magic of the original John Carpenter film, A Nightmare on Elm Street had some top notch sequels and Friday the 13th has a bunch of sequels that are better than the original film.

michael meyers never worked for me, he is not the least scary, he looks silly, his kills are generic and he is always walking slow like hes on drugs.

When I was a kid Michael Myers scared the shit out of me. To this day I think he looks creepy although he no longer scares me. His kills are generic but Halloween wasn't supposed to be about the kills, it was all about atmosphere and suspense. Well, the original was all about atmosphere and suspense. With the sequels they lost sight of that and over time things got sillier and sillier.

>Individual films
Halloween > A Nightmare on Elm Street >>> Friday the 13th

>Franchises
A Nightmare on Elm Street > Friday the 13th >>> Halloween

Halloween should've died with either Season of the Witch or H20. 5 and 6 badly damaged the franchise and Resurrection and the Rob Zombie flicks turned the franchise into a sad joke.

this

particularly 2, 3, and 4. those are the definitive Friday the 13th movies imo. ripe with 80s camp and nudity.

I mean they're all pretty dumb in the grand scheme of cinema. The first made such an impact since it took a pretty heavy influence from Giallo horror and delivered a mainstream film that was the first of its kind in terms of gore, it was legitimately frightening to audiences. I'd say the first four movies command more respect than the latter from the franchise: The Final Chapter has some especially gruesome deaths, and Jason's presence in many scenes was honestly pretty scary.

youtube.com/watch?v=5K7KZfQ28NE
youtube.com/watch?v=WcRf8BVQvu8

To be fair to 6 -- which I'm a rarity in that I like it -- it was working with what 5 left it, i.e. the Thorn shit.

>Halloween should've died with either Season of the Witch or H20. 5 and 6 badly damaged the franchise and Resurrection and the Rob Zombie flicks turned the franchise into a sad joke.

Hold my beer

6 could've been good, the problem is the producers and Joe Chappelle had Daniel Farrands' script rewritten. Everyone says Daniel Farrands' original script was great, Donald Pleasance signed onto 6 because he was blown away by the original script.

>H20 ends the series on a final note
>Laurie has conquered her fear and killed Micheal once and for all
>Resurrection starts
>shes in a fucking mental hospital
>They pull some old bullshit about how it wasn't Micheal she killed
>She is then murdered by Micheal
Resurrection was such a fucking spit in the face of the entire franchise.
Also
>Busta Rhymes karate fights Micheal after delivering the line "Trick'r'Treat muthafucka"

Honestly, I'm cautiously optimistic about the new Halloween. David Gordon Green has done some great drama films.

Honestly, I find the original Elm Street far creepier than Halloween, but that's probably because I have nightmares all the time.

Resurrection really is a spit in the face. It completely ruined the ending of H20 and desecrated the entire franchise. What went so horribly wrong with Rick Rosenthal? He did a fine job with Halloween II.

if i had watched it as a kid he would certainly have scared me, but seeing the movies as an adult i can only imagine what impact it had on its audience when it came out. i feel like compared to the first friday movie, the first halloween movie aged very poorly, for me at least.

That's the problem with a lot of slasher movies from back then. Despite some of the writers/directors wanting to do more than just the usual status quo, the studios only viewed them as cheaply made movies that turned a nice little profit and were unwilling to commit more money to them.

Is there a streaming service that has all of em?

These movies are all garbage.

Hulu did for a while but I'm not sure if they're still up.

Series doesn't get going till part 3.

3-6 is the heart of the series. Fuck the rest.

Halloween 2 was only good because Carpenter himself reshot the kills. Also the script was by Carpenter and Debra Hill like the first one.

you're dense as fuck. it's clearly because the game is out and a lot of big streamers are streaming it, therefore making people revisit the movies.

i'm probably gonna watch them and elm street all next weekend.

Halloween 2 was an okay sequel, but ended up being terrible for the franchise. It's the movie that gave Michael Myers a motivation; in the original, you don't know why he goes after Laurie except that he likes killing blonde teenagers. The plot point about killing family members that got beat into the ground through the rest of the series was introduced a cheap twist in Halloween 2. Focusing on Michael Myers also destroyed Carpenter's original intention of the series being an anthology series.