Being deadly serious here: is anyone else sort of glad that Spencer and Brevoort received death threats over this?

Being deadly serious here: is anyone else sort of glad that Spencer and Brevoort received death threats over this?

Maybe it's too extreme, but whatever. Speaking purely for myself, I'm glad that modern comic book fans finally said they had had it. I'm glad that, after years and years of stupid, annoying plot twists and shock-value changes, that fans decided to react violently and viciously to this latest inane plot development.

HydraCap is STUPID. It's a stupid, idiotic plot twist that doesn't work organically with Cap's larger history, doesn't fit neatly into the broader arc of the Marvel Universe, and doesn't say anything meaningful about the current state of the world. It was done for nothing but pure shock value, and the only thing it's meant for is to slum for idiotic single-issue buyers. Fuck this shit. When any publisher does something so stupid and craven they deserve to be punished, and I'm glad it's finally happened. I'm glad Spencer and Brevoort are being threatened. They should keep being threatened. Shitty storytellers deserve to be threatened.

>is anyone else sort of glad that Spencer and Brevoort received death threats over this?

No, you fucking lunatic.

>Speaking purely for myself, I'm glad that modern comic book fans
So you're a moviefag. Opinion disregarded.

>Implying it was comic fans sending the death threats.

Most of them were from MCU fans and people who only read wikis. Anyone who's read comics for more than a year was more annoyed than outraged.

>is anyone else sort of glad that Spencer and Brevoort received death threats over this?
No. Fuck off back to Facebook/Tumblr/Twitter/Sup Forums.

No, and this doesn't even achieve the goals you seeking to achieve. It just drives up attention.

>I'm glad that modern comic book fans finally said they had had it.
>Spencer Cap #2 reported to have tons of preorders
yeah, they "had had it" alright

Literally only moviefags and the worst kinds of casuals gave a single fuck about this. That you care only outs you as a filthy moviefag and/or casual so go back to whatever shithole you crawled out of.

>I'm so angry about manufactured outrage that I'm glad these writers got death threats

Okay then. Good for you, loser.

Death threats only hurt your argument.

As shitty as the development was, those death threats more than likely came from the recently acquired movie fans.

I think us vetted comics fans are just a little deadened to the idea of a twist these days.

>I'm glad that, after years and years of stupid, annoying plot twists and shock-value changes, that fans decided to react violently and viciously to this latest inane plot development.

Death threats over retarded twist is nothing new, same happened with the death of Jason, which didn't really stop comic book publishers from killing characters for shock value, because despite the death threats people keep buying the comics, which is all they care about.

God, you're so fucking stupid.

All this anger over Cap being Hydra, when in reality the real Cap is actually still under the ice and this Cap was placed in ice by Hydra agents to infiltrate the superhero community by disguising himself as America's greatest hero.

This will just be a one-off 6 book event that will be forgotten about in 2 years and occasionally mentioned as a joke.

Why do people even care about receiving death threats anymore? It seems anytime you do something that the internet basement dwellers dislike you get death threats, and I've never read about a single one being acted upon. For the most part, they're just empty threats made by impotent nerds.

>I'm glad that modern comic book fans finally said they had had it
You mean movie fans, who then bought the comic and made it sell way more than it ever would have if only comic fans bought it

I don't want film/TV universes to dictate what creators are allowed to do with characters but I also don't want shitty 'twists' dominating plotlines

No, because comic book artists and writers have likely gotten death threats for less. Go ask any industry figure big enough for people to remember their name and ask them if they've ever gotten death threats. This isn't fans "making a violent stand", it's a minority of nutjobs that have existed in the hobby for decades. For that matter, you can probably find people like that in pretty much every hobby.

But isn't that sort of the point, though? This is just another dumb twist. Why shouldn't we all be fed up at this point? It doesn't matter. OP is well-intentioned but misguided. Marvel is wrong, but it's not even worth it to be angry, and it's not worth it to smugly hate Spencer and Brevoort.

>I also don't want shitty 'twists' dominating plotlines
Then don't read Big 2 cape comics because shitty twists dominating plotlines has been a staple of the genre for over 50 years.

Death threats aren't new
Slott got a lot with Superior Spider-Man and how he set that up and yet it sold so well that they dragged it out

I have a small e-celeb amount of Twitter followers and I get death threats for saying that water is wet.

Nom you're a tucking idiot. The best thing people could have done is silently stop buying it.

Marvel's marketing strategy is literally to get free attention from angry people online.

Go back and read the first line of your post OP, and think about what you just wrote.

Here's another (You), OP!

>I'm glad that modern comic book fans finally said they had had it.

except they're still buying it, so they obviously haven't had enough

I hate Brevoort, but I really don't care what Marvel does anymore.
Most of Sup Forums feels the same way. If you've been following Marvel for over a few years, it's impossible to muster a response to what they do.
It's just better to laugh of how bad of a company they are.

I think it's good that they're being called out for doing the same shit that they constantly call DC out for. That being said, sending someone death threats is OTT.

>modern comic book fans
You mean tumblr cunts giving in to outrage culture instead of learning the facts.

Fuck off. You're not a comic book fan. You can like or dislike this twist all you want, but you obviously don't read enough comics to realise what it's about and you obviously aren't mature enough to realise that sending death threats because you don't like a comic book is fucking subhuman.

Nobody should receive death threats for making art, no matter how bad it is.

The end.

Death threats on the internet are just how the bottom 20% of the intellectual spectrum communicates their displeasure with anything, and any professional that's been online for more than a year knows that very well. Marvel knows that the treats they're getting are essentially brainless ape-men jumping up and down and smacking their paws on the ground while hooting furiously like the fucking beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

People like that were never going to buy these comics anyway, so they don't represent lost sales. They aren't going to act on these threats, so they don't represent a threat to live and limb. All it is is brainless gibbering and hooting.

So am I glad? I'd say it's more like a combination of indifference and contempt. Both towards them and anyone - such as you, OP - who thinks this is a great thing to have happen.

Fuck no...I am glad Marvel is losing sales though. Not because of Cap, just in general.

This isn't even that shocking. I'm more surprised this became legit news than I am by the twist.

I don't follow Captain America at all but heard an interesting theory about the "twist" on a podcast I listen to.

The premise of the theory was that CA has basically always touched upon political parallel happenings (punching Hitler in the first comic, the story line around the watergate scandal, ect.) and how he embodies the American dream.

So with it looking like America is about to vote trump into presidency, it only makes sense the Captain america story line did something similarly stupid.

Ron Marz got death threats for Emerald Twilight, so there were more than likely a few "real" comic fans writing those death threats.

Isn't the cosmic cube a loli now?

There's more than one cosmic cube.

>losing sales
LMAO

All this proves is that there are people out there who care about these characters who definitely aren't gonna be reading comic books because they hear about shit like this.

At a time when comic book sales are mostly terrible unless you're a big name relaunch or a Star Wars book, publishers would be smart to stop giving potential customers reasons to never buy their books.

It's comic books you fucking autist.

You and everyone else that gets mad over fictional character should get a life.

>All this hate and asspain over comic books

Comic book fans are truly the lowest.

You're the reason a lot of people are ashamed to admit they read comics

People who actually read the comics didn't get upset about this. We shrugged, said "This will last six months and then things will right themselves." The hate you describe was coming from people unfamiliar with the medium and don't get how these stories work. Movie fans, mostly.

So was superior spiderman

No, it's just a fucking comic. Get some perspective on life, man.

And you know this how?

Try harder.

The thing is, I'd be okay with it if people bitched because they were tired of dumb twists that will be retconned out in a few months.
But here, the bitching is mostly because YOU TURNED MUH HERO INTO A NAZI, which 1) is ridiculous overreaction considering we're talking another dumb short lived plot, and 2) proving Marvel's "make people rage to generate sales" strategy STILL FUCKING WORKS. They'll buy the issue to know what is going on, and the cycle of stupid will continue.

I'm a moviefag and I liked this

Look, I see your point, but it is limited to this certain instance.

But I meant the whole range of comics, and especially cape comics. Like 95% of comic book fans are hardocre companyfags, and liking a company only is ok with me, but hating the others and their fans is plain stupid.

which is glorious, because it means that the attempts to get movie viewers and non-comic readers into comics via the MCU worked. And then said non-comic readers find out how horrible the comics are firsthand

This wasn't a good thread

Delete it

>Being deadly serious here: is anyone else sort of glad that Spencer and Brevoort received death threats over this?

calm down coldsteel.

FOOL THATS WHAT BREVOORT WANTED

I'm pretty sure tons of people bought the book.
They just burned the copy they bought instead of reading it.

Dumblr fags would be offended by death threats Newfag

I want to see HydraCap lift Mjolnir.

Tumblr is only offended by death threats when they or someone they like is receiving them

They send them all the time

>the broader arc of the Marvel Universe
The broader arc of the Marvel Universe is destroying old heroes and replacing them with new ones and this works very well.

>this thread
Sup Forumsmblr everybody

>send death treats
>still buy shit comics anyway

Nothing will ever change.