It's a big titted megan phelps has an extremely interesting podcast episode

>it's a big titted megan phelps has an extremely interesting podcast episode

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/srep39589
samharris.org/blog/item/the-limits-of-discourse
youtube.com/watch?v=3pxE6_VY8aM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bet she looks like a trainwreck without makeup. Still kinda cute though.
I lol'd when she said she didn't want to talk about her grandfather because muh feels and crying, then Joe just keeps going for a a minute or two before he's distracted again.

fuck you're right

OMG her sweet velvety voice made me believe in God again.
Somebody convince her to do asmr, read audio books or something.

Is this worth listening to?

Is she the one who said nobody should listen to Sam Harris cause he's only a neuroscientist

That was Abby Martin

>it's a Sam Harris explains his free will argument in 10 different ways and Joe still doesn't get it episode

Its still true though

Sam Harris may have dogfucked through the majority of his life and really has few accomplishments or contributions to any field of academia. Being merely a "thinker" is all he is.

That being said, he's probably one of the world's best English-speaking thinkers. For such a shitty job title it doesn't change the fact that he's pretty much always on the right side of things and even when he's wrong he quickly corrects himself.

If you're not agreeing with Sam Harris the vast majority of time, it's you who has a problem, not him.

>it's a Joe Rogan doesn't understand the first amendment episode

This is almost as bad as him not understanding the concept of infinity.

Whats he say about the first amendment?

That the Westboro Baptist protests weren't/shouldn't be protected by the first amendment because they were mean for protesting dead soldiers funerals.

JRE is pretty much never interesting desu. Tell me when he decides to go beyond surface level bullshit spirituality or basic centrist-but-kinda-not politics

>him not understanding the concept of infinity.
most people dont really understand the concept of infinity. Especially when you get into the more complex parts like how there can be infinites inside infinites, or how one infinite can be larger or smaller than another

fuck of Sam, go beg the gubmint for more funding

Cantorians REEE

He took a hard stance against the infinite monkey theorem. That's as far as it went.

When he claimed that the church protests weren't a 1st amendment issue the former member attempted to set the record straight, but he simply brushed her correct understanding of the 1st amendment as a lingering church/cult attitude. Her mother and the entire church is full of fucking lawyers, btw.

Name 3 topics on which Sam Harris is even remotely right.

JRE#971 with Steven Rinella was really good. No bullshit politics, no pseudo-spirituality, no broscience (apart from about 3 mins of neck decompression babbling). Just crazy stories, adventure and a little history.

there's just something about fundy girls that's such a turn-on

neck decompression is a god's send. if you're a neet who spends all day sitting at a computer you NEED some neck decompression

did you get the whole device or are you doing stretches?

>woman
>interesting

strong doubt

his mma podcasts are good because you can tell he actually has knowledge about the subject and it's history instead of him just reading a book and suddenly becoming an expert. Also, the ones where he is the stupidest person in the room are good because the guest will lead the interview. It's just a shame he replies with jokes when he doesn't understand what they are talking about, or when he is losing an argument.

But we should listen to Abby Martin, a Russian shill and """journalist""".

Right.

Freedom, islam and taxes.

>you will never fuck her so good that she temporarily reverts back to her WBC programming and goes screams about dead soldiers while you rail her

>tfw the BWC reverts her to WBC

how do you know she has big tits?

>Russian shill
If she's a shill she's a terrible one, seeingas she slammed RT for being Russian propaganda on-air

Sam is an expert at tricking you into thinking he's a lot more intelligent than he is with that monotonous and deliberate way of speaking. He also does the thing where he uses bigger words to describe incredibly simplistic theories and concepts to make them sound more complex than they actually are.

Of course she did, what else should she have done after her time there?

Sam Harris has an amazing fanbase. He can say the most godawful things, and his fans will insist that no he didn't really mean *that* and if he did, it must be understood as part of a greater context. Almost like a religous text...

>That being said, he's probably one of the world's best English-speaking thinkers
He got btfo by fucking Chomsky

It will never not surprise me that people think Sam came off looking like he lost in that exchange.

He's also really bad at dynamic thinking. From what I've seen whenever someone presents a new perspective or a topic he's never had time to formulate a theory he gets completely stumped almost immediately

50:00
>thou and thy are so fucking bizarre
Oh, Joe. It's good she left that church, but Joe trying to relate is laughable. Has he read anything besides self-help and books authored by his buddies?

>I lol'd when she said she didn't want to talk about her grandfather because muh feels and crying, then Joe just keeps going for a a minute or two before he's distracted again.
Joe seems to do stuff like that a lot.

>guy who's expert on coyotes
>joe asks about mountain lions
>"I don't know, I'm not the lion guy"
>joe asks 10 more questions about mountain lions

That's shirley

link

>Joe Rogan
>interesting
Pick 1

>Sam Harris may have dogfucked through the majority of his life and really has few accomplishments or contributions to any field of academia. Being merely a "thinker" is all he is.

He published in a Nature family journal just 6 months ago...
nature.com/articles/srep39589

samharris.org/blog/item/the-limits-of-discourse
How can someone who makes up a hypothetical situation this retarded/nonsensical win an exchange?
>1. Imagine that al-Qaeda is filled, not with God-intoxicated sociopaths intent upon creating a global caliphate, but genuine humanitarians. Based on their research, they believe that a deadly batch of vaccine has made it into the U.S. pharmaceutical supply. They have communicated their concerns to the FDA but were rebuffed. Acting rashly, with the intention of saving millions of lives, they unleash a computer virus, targeted to impede the release of this deadly vaccine. As it turns out, they are right about the vaccine but wrong about the consequences of their meddling—and they wind up destroying half the pharmaceuticals in the U.S.

>What would I say? I would say that this was a very unfortunate event—but these are people we want on our team. I would find the FDA highly culpable for not having effectively communicated with them. These people are our friends, and we were all very unlucky.

What do you think sex with this woman must be like? She must be absolutely crazy in the sack.

t. virgin

LITERALLY WHO

I'm assuming you're not from the USA, or you're 12, which in that case, you shouldn't be here. She's from a religious cult.
youtube.com/watch?v=3pxE6_VY8aM

It was absolutely necessary as Chomsky refused to have any sort of actual discussion. Having to go this far out of the way with hypotheticals is the debate equivalent of wrestling someone to group and sitting on them just to get them to have an honest discussion.

WBC are based though

>DUDE PEOPLE DONT KNOW WHAT IS LIKE TO HUNT WITH YOUR CELEBRITY FRIENDS THOSE POOR FUCKERS WILL NEVER BE ENLIGHTEN BY NATURE I PITY THEM EVERY DAY

Why is her voice so good?

Heh. I was taught how to use guns and bows from the age of eight. That's how most of rural America is. I actually think it's great that people like Joe want to learn more about it. Props to him. I don't like the podcasts based on that subject though.

You're a pee-shy virgin that beta orbits the first female you see OTI.

but cuck rogan acts like if city people are in constant pain and suffering

they are

>t. redneck who married his cousin

she benefited from a traditional christian family life. Those people's brains are wired to be happy and confident and genuine. That plus genetic luck has culminated in her voice of the gods.

What made her point really retarded was when she said journalists are much more credible than scientists. I could kind of see her point if she was just trying to that since he's a neuroscientist, he's not an expert in this and his words shouldn't have any extra weight. But she's in the exact same position yet hyped herself up.

AI, free will, islam, atheism,
reincarnation

>He also does the thing where he uses bigger words to describe incredibly simplistic theories...
>He's also really bad at dynamic thinking...
oh the irony. I thought david foster wallace was dead.

>islam
>the regressive left
>gun control
>police violence and "muh blm"
>the wars in iraq and afghanistan
>the benefits of meditation
>political correctness as a whole
>free will
>the problems evangelical christians cause in american society
>the importance of free speech

I could go on, but I think you get the point

Analogies are the lowest form of argumentation.

You're a fucking retard

I'll admit I listen to his podcast and have read a couple of his books, but he does have a serious problem with people taking him out of context.

For example: Him writing multiple pages about a hypothetical scenario in which it would morally acceptable for the US to preemptively nuke a jihadist group in the middle east turns into

>Sam Harris is a genocidal Islamophobic madman that want's the US to glass the entire middle east to rid the world of islam!

Good point.

AI is a pathetic nerd dream. Machines cannot think because they do not have the fundamentals of language. Linguists are still just beginning to understand language and how it is a prerequisite for complex thinking.

free will is real idiot. I'm willing my self to write this sentence. there, just disproved scam harris.

god exists because the transcendent rules of the world require a transcendent mind to think them.

What transcendent rules

literally wrong on every issue but nice try.

You have the mind of a child.
Please stop embarrassing yourself.

I don't know if you responded to me in a serious way but....this is in not even wrong territory.

>Machines cannot think because they do not have the fundamentals of language.

How do you explain neural networks that slowly build internal connections to solve a problem? Machines can learn already, there are countless videos online of someone who wrote an application that learned how to play 2048, Mario, driving games, etc.

the formal consistency of the numinous world, interpreted as physical laws, logic, frames of apprehention. our minds are constructed with the tools to interpret raw data into these limited lenses of reality, space, time, cause/effect, math, etc. however these have corollaries on non-experiential absolute reality. in that space, these transcendent thoughts require a transcendent object to "think" them, though this is a limited analogy. This binding of the rules independent of human phenomenology is how we describe a consciousness abstract from our world, beyond it, absolute. this is god.

in english doc

You wouldn't happen to have a degree in philosophy of science would you?
Your shitty trick isn't fooling anyone. Being as verbose as possible doesn't change the fact that all you're doing is making a truth statement without any real supporting logic or evidence.

So many words, yet saying nothing. I remember philosophy 101, as well.

>it's a Joe interviews someone who has already been interviewed by Tim Ferris or Sam Harris and has an inferior discussion with them that takes twice as long episode
>it's a Joe gets an interesting guest on the podcast who could have otherwise had a more technical and informative conversation with Tim or Sam but chose to have a dumbed down version of the convo because Joe has a bigger audience episode
>it's a Joe manages to get Ceara Lynch on the podcast then somehow manages to make it his worst episode ever episode

that's not fair. I don't know about you, but philosophy 101 started with the classics and moved on to people like kant, hume, and decartes. None of those guys are particularly verbose, specially not superfluously. It's only like that in modern philosophy.

Ok, for the retards, the world works in certain ways, and these ways are analogous to the thoughts of god. Upon further reflection, they necessitate god. simple enough? I could go into further detail but it would probably make your little brains hurt.

>kant, hume, and decartes
hahaha, nigga, those ARE modern philosophers. current philosophical trends are contemporary.

You're still saying nothing. More to the point, you're just regurgitating/paraphrasing.