Will our expectations be met?

Will our expectations be met?

I learned not to have expectations

Those are small planes

4 U

I expect 2 hours of memes, shit dialogue full of blatant exposition instead of character development, takes that clearly should have been outtakes, and decent visuals and lots of explosions.
Based on Nolan's last 4 films, I think it's a safe bet

>Nolan promising an "epic"

I'm expecting endless bloat in the vein of Inception and Interstellar. A couple of visually impressive sequences marred by excessive plot, excessive length, overly expository dialogue, emotionally manipulative bullshit, and underwritten characters.

My expectations that it will be a bit shallow. So probably.

>pg13
no

My expectations are a pile of shit with a "twist" ending, I guess that is what I'll get

>Cillian Murphy was a Nazi spy the entire time!

Woo yet another "Go USA" movie. Fucking burgers.

i expect the retarded extra from the trailer to not be in the final cut but i do expect at least one other retarded extra that slipped through the cracks

>go USA
are they really doing this
literally only frogs and bongs were there

Sounds fair

It's not the size of the plane, it's whether you shoot a man before throwing him from it.

Sup Forums's expectations are pretty low, with good reason. Nolan disappoints consistently

>our expectations

I have none.

Trailer was a warning sign. They clearly used a ton of action sequences from the same scene, just spaced out. Meaning there aren't that many, which is fine. From what I've read it's not Band of Brothers, it's a drama, there's much less war stuff in it.

Problem of course being that the audience WANTS Band of Brothers and the marketing is clearly taking that angle. So if they're drumming up that crowd and it turns out to be a drama, people will be really disappointed.

I expect them to paint the ww1 germans as nazis

>dunkirk
>WWI

Based in the IMAX 6 min promo. i say yes.

it was reported this would have very little exposition

Considering Nolan is the worst somehow revered director working today and that I expect nothing but garbage films from him then yes, my expectations will be met. The only real question is if it will have it's trademark single impressive scene (Plane scene, Hallway fight, docking sequence, etc) that fools everyone into thinking that they didn't just watch nearly three hours of dogshit.

the last film filmed on 60mm

>evil nazis have our heroic english and french protaganists cornered and surrounded
>all hope is lost
>suddenly USA USA
>nazis get btfo as the united states of america comes swooping in to save the day

it will be kino

I couldn't give a shit at this point. Listening to this garbage years in advance just make me not care. I already know everything about Dunkirk, I don't need some asshole capitalizing on it with extended bullshit. This is how you make people hate you. Produce or shut the living fuck UP.

>save the day
but we fucking lost dunkirk
there's literally no happy ending or else it's not historical
then again only slavs have the autism to keep war movies realistic and or historical

Probably a happy ending for the germans

Did you see the new Stalingrad movie? Did you realize that Come and See contrasts with a number of other patriotic slav WW2 movies?

>but we fucking lost dunkirk

I would bet my life the average american doesn't know this

hell making that post I didn't know that

>then again only slavs have the autism to keep war movies realistic and or historical
95% of slav war films are the same "1 guy kills 3000000 germans" type as american war films.

americans weren't even there, that user was just baiting

>that user was just baiting

again, i didn't even know allies lost dunkirk.

what the fuck does that even mean?
>Nolan: "I promise my characters won't spend two hours constantly re-explaining the plot for idiots in the audience like in all my previous films"

It's not rated R so it's already garbage

Best way to enjoy a movie is to have no expectations. That's how I enjoyed TFA.

Also I'm not hyped at all for this movie. It's going to shit on history so hard.

One day lots of people will realize WW2 was western civilization vs. communism created by jews and that the past 100 years of history have been a huge lie

Bro, this is 1940. USA is not in the war yet.

Yeah and the French military isn't made up of homosexual poc but it's 2017 dammit

Depends on how you look at it, Dunkirk wasn't a loss as thousands of troops were rescued at an early point in the war before it hit silly numbers of men,

Only reason it wasn't a disaster is because Hitler had a soft spot in his heart for the Anglos.

>be early 2000's watching tv
>trailer for eternal sunshine of the spotless mind comes on
>hahhaa wow another comedy from Jim carrey!
>go to the movies expecting to watch a comfy comedy
>watch movie
>huh this isn't at all what the trailers made it out to be
>wtf I want off this ride
>movie finishes
>years pass
>it was pure kino all along

Any historian will tell you Dunkirk was a loss for Germany. It was the beginning of Hitler's downfall. He wanted to show mercy hoping Britiain would surrender or so he claims. High Command had to sit idle unable to attack until it was too late. By the time the Panzer divisions were permitted to attack, the Allies were able to construct decent fortification to buy time for the evacuation. People think that Hitler wanted to show mercy on the Allies hoping that it would influence an early surrender, but I think Hitler was a puppet who's job it was to make sure that Germany would never win.