How many hours do you work per day? Do you think it's acceptable?

How many hours do you work per day? Do you think it's acceptable?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/sweden-six-hour-working-day-too-expensive-scrapped-experiment-cothenburg-pilot-scheme-a7508581.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I work from 8 AM to 7 PM and I'm on call during weekends

40 to 50 hours a week is fine
>28
Lazy fucks

How does a 28 hour week work out? 4 shifts, 7 hours? Fuck me, no wonder refugees refuse any other countries

Yes

yes

None and yes

11:30 to 8 m/w/sa
4:00 to 11:00 t/th

Manager at chipotle btw

same

About 14, the same as our Hunter Gatherer society is estimated to have "worked"

>tfw destroying my body working 11 hours a day while some NEET benefits from my tax dollars
Not fair

>tfw you've allowed yourself to be cucked out of half your life to make someone else rich

Nobodies fault but your own, you were probably brainwashed into hating the unions that stop that shit too.

12-14 hour shifts 3 times a week

its pretty comfy

32 hours. It's fine.

Contract is for 40 hours, but I'm always in for longer.

I don't mind don't have anything else to do anyway

Oh wait, per day. 8 hours.

Does it count if you do it for free?

Intern?

Hmmm?

A [white collar] workday should definitely be 5-6 hours including an hour break. People going "durr hurr lazy shits" don't understand how people actually work efficiently; productivity after a few hours takes a nosedive, especially with short breaks.

It's much better to have 3-4 hours of actual work (accounting for an hour of fucking around which people are going to do) rather than 2 hours of actual work and 6-7 of pretending to be working while on reddit or Facebook. Shorter workdays also greatly prevents burnout and stress leading to higher quality work produced

>especially with short breaks.
Compared to one reasonably long break*

35 is technically considered full time but most people will do something like 9-5/ 5:30

When it comes to factory and process line type work, which make up hundreds of millions of jobs world wide, a lot of the work is rather simple, where productivity is essentially controlled by machine processing rates. The people are there to more or less handle shit, so it is tiring and extremely boring but can be worked round the clock with 8~12 hour shifts without noticeable productivity loss or gain.
A lot of retailwork is similar to this.

I don't hate unions and I vote for leftist politicians
I'm just an idiot who didn't go to college and fell for the trade school meme

I was referring more to jobs that, to put it bluntly, aren't just mindlessly performing a single task but rather something that requires thought. If you're actually working on something that requires thought, you're going to burn out during the workday and be unproductive for hours unless you do what most people do and fuck around for 40 minutes, work for 20 and repeat

40 to 50 hours has lot of time wasted in it during the work day. In Europe they work less hours but fooling around is very frowned upon so they work less but get more done

8.30 hours/day
It's okay.. doesn't hurt.

>28
WTF! That's like ~ 5.5 hrs/day?

Usually 1pm to 9pm, Tuesday through Saturday; longer if I'm needed because my coworkers are inept.

But I'm hourly (22$/hr.), so I don't mind.

higher level jobs are anyways not measured in hours worked. The hours worked metric in such jobs are simply to conform to labor laws.

Workers unions and other shits are relevant only for manufacturing and assembly line jobs.

about 42-44h
the overtime is usually unpaid

>1pm to 9pm
what do you do, m8?

40 hours, 5 days a week, 9-5
It should be 35 hours spread across 4 days.. hell I'd even rather do 40 hours across 4 days and get Fri-Sat-Sun off.

I'm a recycler. Odd hours because the garbage (recycling) never stops, so there has to be a crew 24/7.

The hours still matter in regards to overtime benefits, and in higher-end jobs you're likely working even longer and/or bringing work home with you

Per day? The law says something and reality is another. A full-time job is supposed to be 8 hours, the reality is that you end up working 10 or even 12 if you are a good worker (very few places have that whole "extra hours" pay) with one hour for meals.

I work half-time, that means I work 6 hours with 30 minutes for meals.

I do blue collar work.
But not the brain-dead version, the one where you actually have to think. I have no problems focussing on the job for 12+ hours a day, 5-7 days a week, without a single break.

For some reason a lot of office people can barely focus for 30 minutes.

I wasn't referring to blue-collar work, but rather assembly lines and such. Blue collar work isn't really mentally taxing and I'd easily do it if I made the same amount as white collar jobs I'm qualified for

>hours do you work per day?
All of them
It never fucking ends!

8h21m, 9:15-17:36

Usually at around 14:00-15:00 I start to question my life choices and wonder what the fuck I'm still doing working in this shithole but an hour later it's almost over so w/e. My commute isn't that bad and the hour-long lunch break helps too

Yes

>I wasn't referring to blue-collar work
in general*

40hr/week
8hr/day
no
would like shorter 32hr work weeks and mandatory one month of paid time off

10 hour shifts from 9am to 9pm with a 2 hour break at 2pm, 5 days a week, if we have to deliver a project we work extra hours the same working days or on saturday or else we're fired.
We sign our resignation letter the moment we get hired and there's no such thing as retirement money

No, it's not good. I wish it was 35 hours.

Who cares? Despite working less hours, German workers are overall much more productive than others. They favor quality over quantity.

>Blue collar work isn't really mentally taxing
depends on the work user, some of it really is

Of course I didn't mean literally all blue collar work. On the subject, florescent lighting and bright white everything doesn't help

>you will never be european and get 25 hour work week + 3 months paid leave + 50% penalty rates whenever your manager asks you to do overtime + the best unions in the world

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I agree
I get most of my work done in the morning and the afternoon is filled with just toying around and chatting with people
8 (or 9 if your employer doesn't count your lunch) hour work days result in a lot of wasted time
though you could take the silicon valley approach and try an make your employees as comfortable as possible so they never leave

Studied this at University, after 6 hours you start to see severe productivity drops from workers.

The 40 hour week should have been lowered literally decades ago, economists from the 40s thought we would literally be working 15 hour weeks by now.

It takes only 30 hours to complete the work done by a worker in 2005, by a worker today on average.

It takes like 10 hours to do the work of someone working in the 1970s today.

The benefits of productivity had not gone to workers, in wages or time.

>though you could take the silicon valley approach and try an make your employees as comfortable as possible so they never leave
By the time people get enough power where they could do revamp office life, they don't care enough to bother

what about customer-oriented employment though? I work for the state libraries and at the end of the day you still need someone at the service desk to answer everyone's stupid questions while the branch is open

People talking about reduced hours of work expect the pay to remain the same which is strange.

Hours is a seriously meme concept unless you're public service or retail.

I work until all meetings and projects are done then go home. Why would I stay and pretend to work or browse news sites until works done?

I probably actually work 25-30 hours a week and fuck around for 10

we were just looking at worker averages.
Heres a chart on how long it takes for the average worker to complete a work week up until like 2002.

This is the problem, however as said, hours worked is a stupid measurement

average pay hasn't lifted with productivity for literally decades.

>Why would I stay and pretend to work or browse news sites until works done?
because you have a shitty boss that weighs the wrong thing
not their fault really, most managers were people under them and got offered the manager position for good performance or seniority, not for their management skills

On the subject of the thread, if I'm on Sup Forums on a work's wifi but with a VPN up, would they still be able to tell I'm on Sup Forums?

I work from 9am to 5:30pm with 45min break for lunch

It's ok.

no.

t. network engineer.

Neat

They could say that you were using vpn, but what you used it for.

Sweden actually did a government-funded experiment with a 6-hour work day and the companies simply couldn't afford it so it was scrapped

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/sweden-six-hour-working-day-too-expensive-scrapped-experiment-cothenburg-pilot-scheme-a7508581.html

It's to prevent viruses from hacking the GUI mainframe or some other nonense

>but what you used it for.
but NOT what you used it for.

>tfw unemployed

how can people be unemployed in non-western countries? don't you have to support yourself since the government doesn't help much?

Yes, and I make a lot of money.

>40 to 50 hours a week is fine
it fucking isn't
>Lazy fucks
mindless sheep

>The scheme saw 68 nurses at an old people’s home in Gothenburg have their eight-hour days cut in a bid to improve staff satisfaction, health and patient care.
wtf of course that isn't sustainable. 6 hour work days don't fit jobs that value time over productivity

at most office jobs it shouldn't matter how many hours you work because the value is not how long you sit in a chair, but what you make. And in these jobs your productivity decreases rapidly throughout the day making long hours pointless. regardless when something goes horribly wrong you'll be there all night anyways.

also about 7~8 hours/day

>Day trade Crytopfag
>Spend a few minutes every hour checking markets
>Make between an average wage and a few thousand on a good week.

Until you get into trading, you don't actually realise that those that make most money do literally a few hours "work" a week.
Someone that has 100k to drop into Crypto can pull 200k out in a week if they're lucky/good enough and they just keep scaling up and up and up.

>Work office job
>Do 2 hours of work a day and spend the rest of the time basically wondering what the fuck I am doing with my life.

Mass automation can't come quick enough. My job doesn't even realise that a fucking VB script could do like 90% of the work I do.

A company usually consists of both white collar and blue collar. The office worker without education suddenly being allowed to leave 2 hours earlier than the guys in the warehous would never fly here

sounds like fun until you actually try and convert your useless virtual 1s and 0s into real value and all the banks and exchange places tell you to fuck off

you're probably living on instant noodles and months behind on your rent because you can't get a real job

6 hours a day 6 days a week.

I'm fine with it desu.