Voltron: Legendary Defender

Talkback Thread #14: Everybody Loves Shiro Edition

Think 2 season will be enough to wrap everything up? Maybe 3? Voltron doesn't have a lot of villains.

Or would you rather the show produce some new ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Voltron_characters
youtube.com/watch?v=Xou5RbEvpxI
youtube.com/watch?v=FurRIjdBgYk
autumn-sacura.tumblr.com/
obscene-sacura.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No clue
I never watched Voltron before this

i need pidge fan art and fics
NOW

I wouldn't mind for the show to make new villains, but I'm not an original Voltron fan so thats just my filthy-casual opinion.

They say Netflix ordered 52 episodes total.

>Ouch. Hopefully after Lance leaves the team realizes how much they need him? Maybe? Please ;A;

Or maybe...

>he returns to Earth
>Pidge and Hunk are confused because it seems like their computers are missing
>Lance stole them and hands them and all the Voltron data they contain to Galactic Garrison
>Eventually, the Voltron Force has to return to Earth because a large contingent of Garla are headed there
>By the time they reach the Solar System, they see that all of the Garla headed that way have been wiped out by a titanic presence
>they discover that Galactic Garrison has created their own (admittedly inferior and vastly more compartmentalised) Voltron to protect the Earth...and pretty much JUST the Earth from the Garla Empire
>And Lance (because of his experience at space battles) Forms the Head
>Allura doesn't like the idea of there being more than one Voltron as it could easily fall into the hands of Zarkon who could mass produce the copy
>Galactic Garrison agrees, which is why it's going to be taking the ORIGINAL Voltron as well, just to be on the safe side
>Unfortunately for the technically more powerful VF, Lance not only gave the Galactic Garrison the plans, but also advised them on how to defeat the Five Lions if they ever had to come to blows
>ex. incapacitating the Yellow Lion as it's the slowest and Voltron can't be formed without it, and using attacks with large blast radiuses to hit the fast but lightly armoured Red and Green Lions
>So it winds up being the new Vehicle Voltron against Shiro in the Black Lion and whoever they got to pilot the Blue
>SYMBOLISM!
>Black and Blue actually manage to get the new Voltron on the ropes because Lance is full of too much DRAMA and FEELINGS to command properly
>Galactic Garrison ends the fight by holding the other three downed pilots hostage
>Prison/Earth Focus Episode follows

Bad End Times All Around!

Cute brown girl.

Wasn't an user making a Rule 63 fic on the other day? Did it get finished?

Source? Cause that's great to hear.

Three more thirteen episode dumps. Sounds good to me.

No sauce, just bullshit.

>episode where the villain was someone who sought out the Lions so he could fight back against the Garla Empire and save his world
>along the way, his entire search party was wiped out
>finally makes it to the Lion
>the Force Field won't let him through
>tries everything he can to get it to open, but because he only knows part of the legend, he doesn't know about the preferences that the Lions have
>gives up and returns home
>the Garla wiped out his entire race while he was gone
>now that Voltron is back, he has a massive hate-on for the Lion that spurned him and the Paladin it chose

Has to be either Green or Yellow since Keith has enough plot importance all ready.

Post gay.

or, you know

don't

Post pseudo-gay of Lance fucking Pidge before he knew she was a girl!

Or do.

Wayy too much bullshit drama for a cartoon aimed at 7+ audience. Reminds me of Legend of Korra and that show was a big mess in later seasons because of said bullshit drama.

can we please not turn this into faggy general? I don't want to see a good show soiled by a bad reputation because you guys can't contain your autism

It is already a shipping general.

To clarify I don't mean faggy as in gay although shipping of any kind is cancer

I think that if it does well by their metrics then Netflix will want to keep it around as long as they can. They already have a strong foothold on the live action genres and would probably love to have a flagship show for children's animation as well. Voltron is ideal for this because it comes from an already well established brand. It also has a secondary demographic appeal like a lot of animated western shows these days, (which is way we're discussing it here) thanks in a large part to the team behind it.

I'm not sure how much room they might have for new villains though. The Garrison group from Earth seemed to be hiding quite a few things, but it's hard to imagine any organization from earth being a threat after defeating a 10,000 year old galactic super-Reich.

There is a Sokka clone, a Bolin clone, and a Zuko clone. This show is inevitably going to attract an army of fujoshits.

>I thought you of all people knew I was a girl. Didn't you say "no homo" after we were done making out?
>That doesn't mean what you think it does, Pidge...

Wasn't there a more ancienter evil in the original?

The threads have been doing pretty good so far. As long as people don't start posting their fetishes or personal stories for some reason.

>Problem isn't her skills, its her ability to fake it.
Implying the military wouldn't try to actively bury there mistake.
Also they all have private rooms in the academy. All she'd have to do is pass minimum PT after a fashion and the standards for teenagers might be abysmally low.

it will happen to your general as it happens to all generals

end it now and the Netflix release schedule will set you free

>no homo
lol short but good

The threads are usually just labelled as a talkback thread or people go to a random one. I don't think it's really a general.

It hasn't even been a full week yet since the episodes were released. Putting up episodes all at once sucks for fandoms.

To be honest I'm not really sure as it's been a long time since I've seen any of the original

wikipedia seems to have a decent list of all the characters including villains:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Voltron_characters

Not sure what they'd have access too or how much they'd want to use but, that Wade guy towards the bottom could be pretty easily adapted into being from the Garrison. And the Dragon-voltron thing could be something the Druids whip up after being able to capture the real Voltron.

This is Wade:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xou5RbEvpxI

That is the worst picture of short haired Korra I've ever seen.

it's the one thing I dislike about the netflix release system, and it's not really even an objective negative, it just makes it harder to discuss the show "live" so to speak.

Watched 4 episodes so far. It's watchable, but feels very generic. The enemies, the robot, the names etc.

Saw this again. Would fug Pidge

She's cute.

Yeah, it's pretty simple. But I don't find that bad for some reason.

At the end of the episode or after a short subplot arc, Lance gets the opportunity to confront Allura and Coran about it. They acknowledge that almost everything the villains said was true, but not entirely. The fact that almost anyone could pilot it is what's so important about this Lion and its Paladin.

That at even the direst of hours,

Where all intellect and reason has been quashed

When there is no one left to lead

When it seems like there is nothing left to protect

Any willing soul can jump right in and choose to be brave, allowing the qualities needed for the other Lions to flourish once more.

After all, to defeat evil, one must first believe that they can.

btw, did team discover her identity?

Shiro called her Katie, but I don't think I ever saw her telling the others about her real name although she's brought up the thing about her missing family.

Am I the only one who thought Pidge was trans at the end of episode 3?

She does, but it turns out everyone except Lance knew. Hunk, Keith and Coran were guessing already, Shiro knew all along, while Allura was told by her mice.

Fuck off back to Tumblr.

Naw, tumblr thinks this as well.

I mean, to be perfectly fair.

The whole "girl disguises herself as a boy to join military and save her dad" thing is so played out, I was actually skeptical that they would do something that trite. I mean come on, Pidge's plot arc is something Disney made a movie about twenty years ago.

I wish she was still a Ninja like Pidge Classic was.

Coran, if you can take him at face value given how goofy he can be, always knew and was shocked when she said it only because thought it meant they were supposed to have treated her like a boy the entire time.

Well she kind of is. Her weapon is a grappling hook, and she tends to be very "indirect" in her fighting style.

I feel like most of them were only saying that to be polite.

Keith's reaction was sorta like "uh... yeah, I knew that!" Like he was playing it off cool, not wanting to look stupid. Which fits his hotblooded personality.

>Sweaty Pidge
Whew.

I don't know why but I really like the facial expressions. This show does them well.

>you will never taste Pidge's sweaty nuts

That one fart joke aside, I can see Lance being the nicest smelling member of the Voltron Force.

Even nicer than Allura somehow.

Was anyone else relieved when they found out Pidge was a reverse-trap? I've always been straight up hetero and never deviated from that, but even in the first episode Pidge seemed "off" to me. Only afterwards did I realize that I was just picking up on the subtlety.

No Kanji, you weren't the only one.

It's what got me to watch the show.

Funny you mention that, this is also how I got into Persona 4.

There were hints even in the first episode. When Lance holds up the picture of "Pidge and his girlfriend" you can see that "Pidge" in that picture is much taller than the actual Pidge.

I hope the Persona 5 cast is just as hilarious if not more so than the P4 protagonists.

How big do you think Shiro's tits are? Those suits don't give a good indication.

She had pretty cool fight scenes. Her weapon isn't the best for direct combat like Keith's but it's very useful for messing with the environment and tripping people up.

Hilarious, and oh-so relevant.

Grappling hooks are truly the ultimate lady weapon. But Pidge's weapon doesn't simply ensnare and constrict; it has a blade that can cut through steel. Like Freud's worst nightmare, it has TEETH.

No homo though.

Anyone who saw the original Voltron know what the plot and cast were like? Or was it mostly monster-of-the-week nonsense?

Quick question. Is this a reboot or is it in continuation of the first voltron? Can I watch this version without having seen the original?

reboot

I think it's a reboot. Some of the characters have been changed from the original versions. I never seen another Voltron series and managed to understand the plot of the new one.

Every episode has a similar pattern
>Lotor has dumb plan to kidnap the Princess
>One of the Lions can't take off for some reason
>Manage to foil Lotor's plans, so he sends a giant monster
>Alright team, let's form VOLTRON!

I'd say about 90% of it follows that formula.

Reboot and the original Voltron aged really badly anyway so you're not missing much.

>team tends to forget that Pidge is a grill
>heads to the changing rooms after a hard mission
>Pidge just sort of hanging around awkwardly while they joke around and start undressing
>fumbles with her clothes a little but otherwise just stands around
>oh god Shiro's undressing, all those scars...
>fffff Lance just took his shirt of holy shit he's like sculpted caramel under there
>is Keith taking his pants down? don't look don't look don't look...
>oh fuck Hunk has a gut but goddamn those arms...
>Pidge's face when

It's a reboot that takes some elements from Voltron and at least one name from GoLion (Shirogane).

It's similar but different enough it's definitely it's own thing

It's almost like a reverse harem anime if you think about it.

Nerdy sorta plain girl, through a twist of fate, must hang out and bond with four different flavors of excellent husbando in a close, intimate environment from which there is no realistic way of leaving.

d'you think Pidge has a puffy vagina?

youtube.com/watch?v=FurRIjdBgYk
What an amazing anime.

>fffff Lance just took his shirt of holy shit he's like sculpted caramel under there

Is there a second part?

Are those women voiced by men?

God fucking damn, Misha started watching the show. This general is going to turn to shit fast.

holy shit I'm dying

>fujoshits

You weren't here for the early threads when those girls were lusting after the reverse trap, were you?

This artist alone will make the Voltron fandom thrive.

>Haggar was on their honeymoon
>that dress
lmao

>>fffff Lance just took his shirt of holy shit he's like sculpted caramel under there
Pidge knows whats up

tfw knowing she's a grill only makes my clit harder

It's based on an animated Japanese show that not even the Japs thought was original. If they deviated too much from the source material, people would complain that it's not really a remake.

Look at this, three of the heroes are scrawny as sticks, while one of them is also a manlet, literally 5 foot nothing. The other is a overweight pig. Only Shire has a heroic build fit for a hero. Everyone else is wanting.

>the cake scene
>pidge's voice/all the voices
>smacking pidge with a dead rabbit
>everything

I can't stop laughing.

Sven and Pidge are so bad it loops around to being good.

Hunk is bearmode, not fat. He is an engineer, after all.

Just look at those biceps, they're as wide as Pidge's whole body.

What's their tumblr url?

>You weren't here for the early threads when those girls were lusting after the reverse trap, were you?

No, I just marathoned this series a couple of days ago. I finished watching it yesterday.

Just lurkan for fanart and fics about Pidge and/or Allura.

autumn-sacura.tumblr.com/
obscene-sacura.tumblr.com/
It's great and she has good taste in husbandos.

Sort of?

>I'm holding.. my own hands! Oh god, I'm holding hands! Twice!

Pidge giving Lance the bedroom eyes sort of look got me thinking that Pidge is hiding something. Seriously, you do not give a guy this look.

>Pidge is hiding something
a pair of sweet puffies on slightly raised cones, yes.

I just started the show today, a lot better than I thought it'd be.

>that scene where Allura is trying to push Pidge to admit she's a girl

Where the /u/ at?

>Hunk fucking Lance in the ass
Wow

HAGGAR TITS

Amazing stuff.

How can someone with more than 2 brain cells watch this crap.

2 seconds in the first ep Kerberos Moon of Pluto. They show a large spheric moon, Kerberos is a 12*4,5 km potatoe.

Aliens speak english - no one gives a shit.

Droped.

Good you wouldn't know what fun was if it raped your ass.