Why did ed edd n eddy get cancelled

why did ed edd n eddy get cancelled

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m_tLmZeOOl4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8RlWeFW3Kkg
book-o-scams.tumblr.com/post/86746675523/where-did-tony-sampson-eddy-go-he-seems-to-have
trevordevall.com/?p=70
book-o-scams.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It didn't, I'm watching the new episodes right now. They're so good.

It didn't. It ended perfectly. Do you really want to see EEnE go the way of TTG or PPG?

Because the target audience didn't share Sup Forums's taste.

IIRC, the creator of EEnE owns the full rights to the show which means CN can't pull a nuPPG without getting permission

It wasn't, it was one of CN's flagship shows and ultimately ended on the creator's own terms, despite the meddling in season 5 that created the school setting.

Antonucci even has exclusive rights to the show, so they can't do anything new with it without his permission. In other words, if they wanted a reboot, they'd have to get his approval first.

It didn't. It ended.

It ended twice, in fact. I still think "We were old the whole time?!?" Is the best of the two

seriously what is up with kids taste these days? I can't believe they actually watch fucking garbage like teens titans go

Good. It shouldn't be revived, it was a consistently good show that ended on the creators terms and it should stay that way.

It ended with a movie. youtube.com/watch?v=m_tLmZeOOl4

It got a movie finale dude. It was a surprisingly satisfying ending.

AKA is making a new show. Snotrocket.
Found this on AKA cartoon's facebook.
They are trying to get it picked up.

I thought that project died in the womb because no one will pay for costly animation anymore?

It was from 2015. AKA still exists though.

someone get antonnuci on the horn and tell him to release everything on blu-ray

Because it was shit and nobody liked it.

>Antonucci even has exclusive rights to the show
how in the fuck did he manage that?

it didn't

He nabbed the rights before CN turned full jew.

Wasn't it because CN offered him creative control over Nick ?

Those are pretty funny shows so i didn't see your point

I honestly thought to try and reach out to him about why there's no EEnE full series release

Couldn't find any way to contact him though.

>IIRC
remembering random user posts doesnt count as info

It's times like this I wish I was a rice guy with my own channel, I pick up any shit AKA threw at me

Because around season 5 (or whatever the school season was) it devolved into screaming and slapstick, rather than slapstick and jokes.

It was the overrated-but-still-good late '90s. CN was just starting up and desperate, so they agreed.

If Antonucci had caved and given it to Nick, they would have held the rights and we'd be seeing new EEnE to this day.

No twitter? Everyone has a twitter. My grandma has a twitter.

This, it had more than enough of a run, isn't that enough for you monsters?

>83830492
I doubt we'd see new EEnE to this day, but it would have gotten fucked over had it been on Nickelodeon. It would either have gotten prematurely cancelled or gone on too long. Most likely the former

>6 seasons and a movie
>"Cancelled"
End your pathetic life

I hate it when people talk about how a series was "cancelled" even though it actually ended.

I thought only 90s fags on Classic CN facebook pages did this.

>they're in cul-de-sac
>ed does something dumb
>DD and eddy are disgusted, or ignore him

>they're in school
>ed does something dumb
>eddy laughs like it's the funniest thing he's seen in his entire life

Be glad it ended when it did.

>No twitter? Everyone has a twitter.

Apparantly not.

Did...did you even watch more than just 10 random episodes????

He apparently has a Facebook account.

Ed Edd & Eddy was a mistake

Does anyone remember that guy from earlier this year who would go around posting low quality flat color mock-ups of old nicktoon characters hanging out together, and kept trying to convince people they were leaked screenshots from some super secret Nickelodeon ensemble reboot show?

What was up with that? Some friends and I tried to get in touch with him through one of his fake development blogs to see if he would come on our podcast, because we had no idea if he was just autistic and thought it was some sort of clever trolling or if the low quality bait was part of some meta joke, but he never responded. We still wonder about that guy sometimes.

You talking about the Anytown autist?

Ed Edd n Eddy gets a reboot in CGI

seriously what is up with kids taste these days? I can't believe they actually watch fucking garbage like rocket power

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8RlWeFW3Kkg

We need it revived as a slice of life anime.

It had run it's course and, while still good, had been declining a bit in quality. The movie was a great send off.

Had it gone on longer, they probably would've had to add a new aspect of the show like they did with adding the school.

WHOA. Settle down buddy.

So, a shitty reboot?

"Antonucci spent months designing the show, before trying to sell it to Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon told him that they would take the show, if they also obtained creative control. Antonucci refused to give it, and instead took the show to Cartoon Network. A deal was ultimately made for Cartoon Network to commission the show, after they agreed to let Antonucci go in his own direction.[4]"

I have no idea how to feel about this, actually.
Antonucci would probably hate it though so the whole thing would go to shit.

B A S E D

Here is an official FIRST LOOK at the new CGI television series reboot of Ed, Edd n Eddy!

The show will be retitled "The NEW Edventures of Ed, Edd n Eddy.

The new showrunners have creatively decided to take away the shimmering outlines as they are "distracting"

Friendly reminder that if Ed Edd n Eddy ever gets a reboot, they'd have to get a new voice actor for Eddy because the person who did his voice retired from voice acting and is now working at an oil rig.

Other changes include removing Ed's dumb personality from the show because it would be offensive to autistic people, turning Edd and Eddy into a gay couple and having the neighborhood kids being nice to the Eds

That's not the reboot, that's EEnE online.

you'd think retirement would be the other way around

>the person who did his voice retired from voice acting and is now working at an oil rig.
i was surprised at such the weird career change until i realized he was canadian

those canadians and their damn oil rigs

It's true, Google it. The creator is an asshole though. Not that it makes a difference, eee was great. And maybe him being an asshole is why he got his way and got the rights.

Tony Samson retiring I knew about, but not the oil rig, got a source for that?

How is he an asshole?

Speaking of, have you been playing since last week's patch? Im glad Sarah's retarded Loud Mouth ability got needed, Sarah's that run shouting builds can go fuck off

He's got no filter, so if he thinks someone's not doing good work, he rips into them.

Nobody can ever replace Tony as Eddy, that would be like replacing Tara Strong as Bubbles

book-o-scams.tumblr.com/post/86746675523/where-did-tony-sampson-eddy-go-he-seems-to-have
There's another source on Wikipedia, but all I get from clicking on it is a blank screen.
trevordevall.com/?p=70

Just rumers I've heard. An user posted a link to a interview he did once, came across as pretentious to me so maybe asshole is the wrong word. Also heard he didn't treat his team very well

What did he do to his team?

He doesn't sound like a happy fellow

Did he miss that it's a joke?

It ended, rather satisfactorily at that. Better to wrap it up than for it to become a zombie like Spongebob.

Ed's voice actor is really perfect.

The summer ended

>tfw want to make a thread on /cm/ but I know shippers will fuck it up.

This show really was as comfy as a SoL anime and twice as funny and charming.

it was too good for them

> Pan's meme was so supreme Antonucci hates him now

because you touch yourself at night

>ultimately ended on the creator's own terms
with him getting shot down like a bitch?

>He doesn't sound like a happy fellow
Did you miss that interview where he said "Fuck America" on live television?

He made EEnE on a dare and his original works are disgusting MTV sketches. The man gives 0 fucks

>book-o-scams.tumblr.com
this is a fun, albiet autistic blog.

>implying mariexedd shippers don't fuck up Sup Forums's eene threads

>implying I implied that at all
Shippers ruin everything. Kanker shippers ruin threads here and gay shippers will ruin threads there.

At least in production order:
>Summer seasons-Fantastic
>All the holiday specials-Adequate
>School seasons-shit

It was going up in smoke and there really wasn't anywhere else to go. Glad the movie not only recaptured what made EEnE so great, but wrapped everything else up without a hitch as well.

Deepest lore.

Lel what a fag.

TTG yes. Nuppg no.

>implying mariexedd shipping is a bad thing in the first place
Kill yourself my man, need better quality taste.