52 Storytime Part 4

Starting at Week 31! Four weeks until the Rain...

Previous parts here

IT'S RAINING MEN

I should be able to just barely fit issue 41 in here, provided no one posts any images.

You're a bastard.

Awwww yeah

Just checked, we're going to hit like, 249 for images. Just barely under the wire.

Man, Ralph's subplot is one of my favorite parts of this story. It's resolved so well and so tragically at the same time.

I love last panel with them. All those trials he went through and they got happy ending.
Batman, eat your heart out.

Hal was right for killing those midgets. What bunch of dicks. Best is how they all wield godlike power and they never do shit with it.

>Those earrings

This issue felt so off the first time I read it. Like there was obviously some violence with the intergang subplot and later on with WWIII and the rain of the supermen. But this one was pretty much a self contained space horror story.

In the notes they talk about creating Lady Styx to up DC's Cosmic Terror quotient.

To quote Keith Giffen,
> I mean, Darkseid's a great character and all, but geez... he was being passed around the office like a bong.

>Those earrings

Can you believe I've read this comic a half dozen times before and have never noticed that before? Fuck me.

God bless you, Giffen.

Mark Waid:
>As we've said before in interviews, while each member of the writing team took point on a different 52 character, we all still traded off from time to time. The Ralph scenes in this issue were written by Grant at our mutual insistence. I bow to no one on this team in my ability to write about guys with super-powers solving impossible crimes, but when it comes to transcendental matters of faith, I have all the spirituality of a filing cabinet.

>Eastern theology and mysticism are way, way, way out of my wheelhouse, whereas Grant hangs out with Deepak Chopra on a regular basis. Point, Morrison.

Oh Alfred.

>It's a christmas issue

Would you mind deleting your image? We're going to be cutting it close as it is.

Evidently Rucka took almost all of Question's lines in this scene from O'Neil's run, and the storyline is of special significance to the team as Keith Giffen lost both his father and father-in-law to lung cancer.

Who's guy with a green tie?

It's Hal

Let's play name that character!

>throwing your scaly pal like he's trash
Karma's bitch, Osiris.
Ha, yes. In my head, Hal's Rebirth happens after Final Crisis for some reason.

Boomer, the persuader, count vertigo, plastique, Atom Smasher and Idk about the guy with the black mask

Oh Sobek!

Note: this part is a hell of a lot more meaningful if you've read the Black Reign arc of Johns' JSA.

NAAAAARRRGGGHHH

You have to think Waller knew exactly what she was doing sending a bunch of psychos to push them like that. Whole thing was a set-up and that's what makes it more tragic that Atom Smasher was there again.

what a cunt