What is it like growing up in a 3rd world country?

What is it like growing up in a 3rd world country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gugzhkp_UUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PYwCFVDZVaw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finlandization
youtube.com/watch?v=3VA6ODnuNbg
youtube.com/watch?v=8EbzUS0D5_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was ok I guess. It could've been better, but well, life isn't perfect.

>be me
>Halloween movies
>try it with friends
>no one in m neighborhood understand wtf i am doing
>someone call my dad
>he pick me up with his car
>angry
>get a beating for begging for food

bad

grim

It´s like being born on those poor states with lots of people living in the streets inside your country.
Can´t get a Kinect adapter for windows or a motion capture rig because monkeys who import stuff doesn´t know what this is.
São Paulo, Santa Ifigênia street is the pinnacle of technology in this dumpster. It´s a sad state of affairs.

He said third world.

Also, ironically, Finland is considered third world because they did not join NATO during the cold war (yes, the world was divided in first world, communist world and third world for political reasons, not for GDP or HDI).

Could be worse.

Lots and lots of cars blasting low-effort poetry set to annoying rhythms

why do brazilians think their country is thirld world? it seems pretty great to me

>you'll never be beaten by your father for asking for candy from random strangers

Why even live

Why can't australians even false flag properly?

Finland is a poor shithole
For my 18th birthday a few years back I asked for a BMW or an Audi but only got a fucking T*yota

you should know.

why did they not join NATO? They of all nations should have been suspicious of the eternal Russian

this is a typical house in south brazil, lower middle class

Sup Forums posters from 3rd world are mainly from upper-middle class family, so their livelihood is not that different from 1st worlders' i guess

As i said before, Third world is a meme world from the cold war era. We where third world because we did not join the hate club (we actually build our own hate club)
The correct therm is developed nation and nations under development (which put us at the exactly same spot as Somalia).

Also, our country has a lot of problems, it get far worse the north you go...
Pretend to be like your country, where only abos live like homeless because they are too drunk to go to their state sponsored homes, would be insane. We have a long path to became developed and it will take some time.

My history professors grandfather fought against the japs so he had to get a cheap F*rd car instead of a brand new toyota

youtube.com/watch?v=gugzhkp_UUQ

what was it like growing up in japan then?

Kek does anyone remember that guy who used to spam the threads with that house a few years ago?

Finns were (and a lot still are) Russian bootlickers

Weak

Mostly for fearing a proxy war between USA & friends and the soviet block in Finland.
Nah, it's definitely a hight middle class house. low middle class own smaller houses or live in apartments. The ones with big houses (300sqm or more) are from rural regions, where is cheaper to build and own.

At less you did not support North Vietnam like Sweden did back in time. (if this make you fell better)

>be me
>wake up
>every waking moment I have one foot in the grave
>somehow not die
>go to bed

We specifically took no sides in that conflict and called out both sides for being retarded. It's the single greatest moment in Swedish history.

are drug dealer shootings still rampant there?

>In Sweden, Foreign Minister Torsten Nilsson reveals that Sweden has been providing assistance to the Viet Cong, including some $550,000 worth of medical supplies. Similar Swedish aid was to go to Cambodian and Laotian civilians affected by the Indochinese fighting. This support was primarily humanitarian in nature and included no military aid.

Some of this money did end up buying bullets and fuel for tanks. But you are right.

Also, do you remember that time when North Korea stolen 1000 volvos?

depends, if you mean a stagnating/low income third world country then i can't tell but i think it' s
pretty bad.
but here, for me it's pretty fun.
Beside the fact that i'm upper-middle class, things here aren't that bad. I just don't understand some low class people, ranting about how bad the living condition here and praising other countries when in reality they still have other shit to deal with. I traveled to several countries and pretty smart in geography, that's why i know.
Love this country, despite its flaws.

That's nothing, China stole all our Volvos.

I got sent to the Philippines in 2009 as part of the Dept. of Foreign Affairs after typhoon Ondoy to organise supplies and international aid, maybe that wasn't the best time to make assumptions but it's the strangest country I've ever been to. You can drive on one of the main highways in Manila and along one side will be rows of slums made out of plastic sheets and things that look like they're about to collapse, there are gangs of random starving children selling trinkets and things in traffic and tapping on your windows while you're stopped, and while I was at the Australian Embassy in Makati there were multiple rings of military police for security in case separatists from Mindanao tried to blow us up. But then once you leave the urban areas it's one of the most beautiful places on the planet...

>still gets a car
>shithole

My mom hates indonesia. They don't know how to respect our culture

>Love this country, despite its flaws.
Pretty much this.

Yeah.
Also, 1.8 billion was dirty cheap for a such popular brand.

The meaning of "third world" has evolved though.

Why? It's all about they claiming your traditional ditches?
Well, to be honest, the term should have cease to exist after the fall of the Berlin wall. But the media really loves it.
Developed and developing nations are a decent therm to categorize everything (have you ever seeing someone using the world second world?)

My life has been ok so far.

>they
>our
elaborate?
you mean indonesians don't know how to respect malaysian culture? oh well i'm sorry for that,

I'm still surprised I'm still alive after all these years; my luck is going to run out sometime or later.

Most indonesian immigrant that came here always commits crime like pickpocketing ,theft and robbing houses. They also won't assimilate to our culture and claims that everything that malaysian does originates from indonesia and "but muhhh great country". Malaysian usually responds to this crap with "indonesian and malaysian are brothers" and "ayy lmao we're stealing your women indo boii"

youtube.com/watch?v=PYwCFVDZVaw

please don't be like indon immigrants indonanon.

Come on, your homicide rate is the 48 biggest in the world. Meanwhile, we are number 14...

You are fine.

we are absolute shit at keeping statistics, that murder rate is bound to be higher.

Finland is the most third world First world country

ofcourse i won't, i'm a different kind of indonesian, both ethnically, culturally and social.
cheers malayanon

hehe you too

>the most third world First world country
that's Portugal jk

Nah, you just need a good babyboom to make your country wealth. I mean, seriously, your country had less than 6 million people. Start eating pussy!

So far, it's really impressive what Finland achieve in so little time.

is spain 3rd world?

Awful, my comp is 5 years old and i don't have money to upgrade, if it crooks i only left with cheap chinese phone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finlandization

>Start eating pussy!
Our men are the most autistic you have seen right after the Japs. Apparently our women are so easy you could get them to fuck by just talking to them and not looking like a troll. Apparently most of our men can't do neither

Well, is up to you became the Finish Genghis khan (except the slit throat thing).

No, shitaly is

>is spain 3rd world?
people don't die on the streets, comfy weather

so no, it's just the most african part of europe

pretty bad

very comfy.

An odd mixture of having to wait in lines for bread and having all the toys I ever wanted.

I was middle class, was the first kid with a pager in the fourth grade and cellphone (Siemens C25) in the fifth grade.

Is it true that noone in Japan fucks anymore and no children are being born?

>buffalo dung all over before we could afford harvesters
>playing with friends using slingshot in the jungle
>climbing the hill of rice husks
>collecting fish after draining the rice fields
>get to see your quiet city grow over the years as economy improves
>every muslim holiday we play with calcium carbide bamboo cannons
>after night prayers its hanging out at late night food outlets watching football
>free salad from the jungle
>frequent picnic at nearby waterfall
>barely any crime
Its not too bad actually, I still love this place despite its faults and issues compared to NZ where I stayed for a few years during studies.

>collecting fish after draining the rice fields
Once my friends invite me to fish in a rice field. We are so drunk that the driver went into the rice field with the car.
We had to wait 6 hours to the closest human come with his tractor to pull the car out.

Other than the religious shit, it sounds fun

Also, when we where kids, we used play with corn stash to make "flame thrower".
youtube.com/watch?v=3VA6ODnuNbg

My neighbor lost one of his eyebrow when he run in my front and i was with my eyes closed, spitting a blaze in his face.

breddy good

>We are so drunk that the driver went into the rice field with the car.
Kek, this nigga always sends me into the fields from sudden braking while cycling.
Sadly explosives are harder to get now, thanks a lot Al-Qaeda ruining the fun for everyone.
Its fun except when wild animals attack, once a guy was trapped in the outdoor toilet for hours while a reservist ride a bike to nearest military base, fill the forms then come back with an M16 to shoot the boar.

Full of mystery, interactions, emotions.

you tell us, ahmed

It's funny

Comfy if middle class, otherwise it is probably shit

Like this
youtube.com/watch?v=8EbzUS0D5_0

idk i was born in the first world part of brazil

There is no one. There is Brazil and Brazil is fifth (and filthy) world.

If we put all the high class brazilians in the same city the city will have a higher HDI as Norway so for me there's two sides of Brazil one that is poor as fuck the other that is rich as fuck , guess each one i was born

Well, I had a pretty rough childhood but things are much better now, I'm about to start my own business. Working hard is the key.

ssssshh no one should know that

Of course spain is third world, so please, dont come here, specially if you plan to stay. You will have a really hard time to survive

Based on your english and grammar, the poor one, right?

yeah if you say so

I feel like third worlders in here had harder but funnier childhoods in retrospect, like i never hear funny shenanigans about european childhood.

Horrible. I'm in a British school so I'm pressured by my parents to get good grades so I can get the fuck out as I have EU citisenship. I'm also learning Korean and Japanese at the same time since my parents want me to get international. I'm also doing Iaijutsu, Sailing, Tennis and Futsal. I also lead an activity in this Brazilian-Japanese institute where we teach poor kids maths, english, spanish and Japanese. Wish I had time to get a cute Jap girlfriend and have sex with her. I guess I could wait a little longer.

Is like living in a bad imitation of Western life. You want the original edition and, of course, is worse than the original.

A bunch of my friends are Korean and I like a Korean girl called Miru Rho (white btw). And I'm doing the hardest courses ever as I want to do Chemical Engineering. So yeah, life's pretty fucking hard.

It's the worst man. There are spics, niggers, and retards everywhere here.

Just another average achiever japanese brazilian.

Sounds about my life if my parents were rich.

Parents with expectations on you in third world can choke your life or make you a great person.

I'm white. It's cause my dad worked in JGC in Singapore and he got a shit-load of money when he was younger in Asia. So he wants me to get international and shit.

I'm neither dead nor deeply traumatised so good I guess

Well, each country has a different lifestyle, southeast Asia for example is third world, but quite safe. Brazil is not only "poor", but also violent and dangerous as fugg.

I'll tell you more or less how's life here from my own experience.

I've always had food and studied in good schools, so I consider myself privileged for that (upper-middle class family).

Got robbed once, and there was a time when they invaded my house at 3AM threatening to kill everyone and kidnap me, it scared the shit out of me.

People are chill in general, and it's quite easy to develop your social skills here. I'm graduating (stem) at one of the best universities in South America but I'm unemployed. In fact, I'm 24 and was never able to find a job, even though my resume has steroids (polyglot, US exchange program, great college, etc). It's pretty much like people from MIT not being able to find a shitty job.

With a minimum wage you won't be able to pay a rent (here in São Paulo the minimum wage is around 900 reais while a tiny apartment with 1 or 2 bedrooms is above 1000).

Anyway, my only hope is to get the fuck out of here. It was good, it made me humble, it lowered my expectations and made me more careful. But it's time to leave, hopefully I'm able to get a masters scholarship somewhere in the world.

>I'm 24 and was never able to find a job

Take a shower before go to a interview.

>With a minimum wage you won't be able to pay a rent (here in São Paulo the minimum wage is around 900 reais while a tiny apartment with 1 or 2 bedrooms is above 1000).

It's roughly the same in Canada. Actually in our bigger cities rent can be much higher. Low-income workers have to get roommates.

This doesn't make any sense. How's a legit worker not able to pay for a fucking roof? The governments should look for this, it's madness, I just can't understand.

I guess the factor is average income.

Minimum wage is really uncommon in first countries unlike ours.

I keep hearing how south Brazil is so much better than North Brazil. Should south Brazil just get independence and leave north for favela monkeys?

*first world countries

was pretty nice, I used to kick the ball around all day or play with toy-soldiers in the mudd.
we also used to be middle class
but have now fallen in the low class

Yes, but our only reason to do it is to rise the middle finger to the rest of the country.
Even tho i had voted in favor of the separation in the last two non official plebiscites, there is not much reason to separate (beside the tax thief). We all share the same language, and besides memes, the racial composition is not really that different. The only difference is the fact that the percentage of European blood is way higher in the south and rarely is mixed with African.
Like what happen in America, the vast majority of immigrants where males (literally 1 female for 4 males). And trust me when i say this. When your balls start to hurt, racial purity doest mean too much.

Most of us are mutts here in the south too. The difference is that indian blood is easy to wash and blue eyes and blond hair is quite common. Different from the people in the southeast or northeast where they bred with blacks and their traits never go away.
Just to remember, pure blacks are less than 10% in brazil...

vc é da onde?

old fag gtfo

noice