Reincarnated Egyptian or Thanagarian? Which do you prefer?

Reincarnated Egyptian or Thanagarian? Which do you prefer?

Thanagarian. Definitely Thanagarian.

Not them.

Both.

where the fuck are the wings?

Both of them are good.

Not combined together though. Pick one and stick with it.

CW Budget my man

Reincarnated thanagarian

They can appear and disappear

thanagarian using ancient egyptian artifacts from a previous visit by thanagarians

>your ancient Egyptians taught our race many things, like interstellar travel and hownto prepare our dead to scare abott and costello

Somebody post their full origin

JSA Egyptian
JLA Thanagarian

Egyptians who use Thanagarian tech.

Thanagarian.

They should separate Hawkman into two distinct characters. One of them can be an Egyptian, the other a Thanagarian strictly focusing on sci-fi stories.

Do you know that they are originally two different characters, right?

h-h-h-hawksnarl

Original Thanagarians who came to earth in ancient Egypt; Thanagarian culture similar to Egyptian culture, art, etc; died on earth; Thanagarian computer does reincarnation effect to compatible humans (regardless of race, sex, etc) , complete with memories and maybe some genetic changes; Their original gear, weapons, etc is waiting for each reincarnation

(anyone know if such stories exist for the Hawks? I barely know anything about Hawkman/woman but love ancient Egyptian mythology and want more in comics, like Moon Knight)

Read Hawkworld annual #1

Misread your post. Just ignore that

You could have them mix magic and tecnology and just replace reincarnation computer by thanagarian magic. Its more simple and add a little to the mythos.

This done, it's a simple origin, no more confusion.

They can stay on Earth or have space scifi magic adventures.

I thought it was the anti-magic metal that forced their souls to reincarnate constantly.

Does that mean all Thanagarians all reincarnate because of that?

Egyptian, but using technology recovered from ancient aliens.
Seeing as racebending is all the rage nowadays, I'm surprised DC hasn't done it to the Hawks...it would actually make sense for them.

Anti-magic metal plus an Egyptian curse.
>wait...

>(anyone know if such stories exist for the Hawks? I barely know anything about Hawkman/woman but love ancient Egyptian mythology and want more in comics, like Moon Knight)

I would suggest checking up on Johns' Hawkman run, which is where he undid the Hawksnarl in a way that allowed for both sides of the character to work.

Other than that, the Hawkworld miniseries and following Ostrander series is pretty damn good, but it features the Hawks as Thanagarian space cops and doesn't get into Egyptian stuff.

They already racebend Kendra.

Thanagarian should be the main. Egyptian should be the JSA version.

The only backstory I care about is Hawkgirl's.

Agreed

This but the exact opposite.

thanagarian

>Hey guys, let's made Vandal Savage their jelly enemy from Egypt, what could possibly go wrong?

What a manlet

I like this.

I want DC to do both together. JSA style Carter-Khufu and Hawkworld/90's edgy Katar.

Who should play Hawkman in Justice League 2?

I like this guy.

You're pretty much describing John's continuity compromise in JSA, except the Thanagarian computer is just nth metal.

That's how it was pre-Crisis. Ha, I remember bitchfests about pre- vs post-crisis continuity from days gone by.

The reincarnation is fuccing classic

Thanagarian 4 lyfe.
>tfw your favorite Hawks are also the least-used ones

Do tell!

How many times have they been portrayed as a Thanagarian couple?

I just like them being from Thanagar and a couple. Simple.

That's making it way more complicated than it has to be:

>Thanagarians crash on earth, and become rulers of Egypt with Dr. Fate & Black Adam
>Murdred by a bad guy and destined to be reincarnated & killed by him forever
>Fought crime throughout time, constantly re-incarnating, reuniting, and dying again
>Were part in the JSA in WW2, but both died again
>Came back in the modern day to join the JLA/JSA

Boom. Just sweep away all the dumb bullshit about Thanagar

OR if you want to mix Thanagar in:

>After dying in WW2 era JSA, they are re-incarnated on Thanagar as Thanagarians....came back to earth and then joined the JLA/JSA

I hate when this thing gets referred to as the origin. It's the summary of about 60 years worth of stories, retcons and like 12 different characters.

Gets me everytime.

Why did Hawkman return but not Hawkgirl? Was Brightest Day really that shitty?

Hawkgirl did return.

At the time Hawkgirl was Kendra Saunders and Hawkman lifts her mask to reveal she was no reborn as Shayera and Kendra is gone. Or something like that.

deliberate plot hook that never got followed up on most likely.

I guess I'll post these since they're mildly interesting.

That bullshit still lingers today in comics so the Earth-0 Hawks are in comic book limbo for now in Rebirth.

I hope that Johns' fix to the Hawksnarl as described in will be part of the stolen decade.

I prefer alien bird people that conquer things.

Too many DC heroes are Egyptian in some way, and too many aliens are too nice.

Thanagarian assholes with a bird theme are something a little different.

I'm still mad because 1) Lemire said he had some Hawkwork planned for JLU 2) FE had that huge SHAYERA~!!!! spread and nothing came of it

Yeah but then both of them turned into air elementals and when everything went back to normal Hawkgirl was dead again

>people bitching about SJWs in comics
>in 1995
Just proves how cyclical things are.

As much as I like Katar and Shayera as characters, I like Carter and Shiera better. Carter gets to be The Hawkman. Katar is just a hawkman from Thanagar.

Here

>FE had that huge SHAYERA~!!!! spread and nothing came of it
Wait what

I'll change the filename for you next time I post it.

Rags Morales art looks so better with this inker. His work didn't looked as good as this on his Action Comics work.

reincarnation

I think the real question is... who's the better nemesis for Hawkman?

Shadow Thief... or Gentleman Ghost?

Character wise I'd say Ghost, but I slightly prefer Thief solely for the potential for freaky art shenanigans that he allows for.

Literally the worst part of Legends.

Is she wearing green latex? Why else would her butt shine?

Did Brett Booth draw it?

Or how everything elevates and you don't know what you've got when you have it.

Hawkworld Thanagarian space cop. Never was a fan of the reincarnation stuff.

Gentleman Ghost is way cooler, but Shadow Thief kinda works better due to the suit's closer connection to Thanagar and space.

Why not both? In a universe with many planets, why do you have to reincarnate on the same one you died on?

>tfw there's so many interesting stories they could write about reincarnated lovers on alien planets but it won't ever happen because "muh Hawkman"

yes

Bump