PIXAR'S DONE IT AGAIN

PIXAR'S DONE IT AGAIN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSJ4RK7dzm8
youtube.com/watch?v=S9n-9bFkkkI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do they find Dory?

No, she gets shoved down a garbage disposal.

>taking the word and mouth of one site
>assuming earlier reviewers can't be paid to write reviews

They can't rate it badly because the MC is a cute retard.

Dory was the worst part of the first movie.

People say that every single fucking time. No, you can't buy 73 fucking reviews.

Dory was great in the first movie.

She's missing in this one, so i guess that's why it's good

That's not one site. It's an aggregate of 73 (as of that pic) sites.
Oh, wait, you believe in the paid reviews conspiracy. Nevermind, you're just retarded.

Can someone spoil me the ending?

>Dory

thats a funny way of spelling Crush user

brah ya totally need to check out this strain of kelp

>word and mouth
mistakes like these are a diamond dozen now that it's summer on Sup Forums

Saw it on wednesday.
It's basically about disability and how people with disabilities are treated.

Quality-wise, it's good. It's not amazing. It's Finding Nemo 2: Dory Edition

Just saw it too last night

pretty damn good movie, a little tad too familiar in the beginning but it was really starting pickup as long as they reached the marine institute. And that what makes the movie felt fresher than the predecessor. The new characters were great, especially Hank The Octopus. But somehow, I felt it lacked of little charm of Pixar's best.

I put it right in the middle compare to other Pixar films, definitely not their best but it was really good.

I still found Zootopia better overall

More like the jews doe it again. how the hell did they manage to outscore the first movie?
This shit is literally a half assed cash in to the original

Remember guys, with RT you have to apply the Pixar Bias Scale, where each point is actually worth five.

100% = 95%
99 = 90
98 = 85
97 = 80
96 = 75
95 = 70%

This is a solid C movie.

Are you an idiot son?

>This shit is literally a half assed cash in to the original
I haven't seen it but it could just, you know, be good

I forerun agree with you

>using RT score as a measure of quality rather than a likelihood of you enjoying it

Yet another retard who doesn't understand how Pixar works.

What? What does the Pixar Bias Scale have to do with how Pixar works?

youtube.com/watch?v=VSJ4RK7dzm8

>Something I don't like was well received
>They must have been paid off
>All +50 of them

>word and mouth

Go back to growing weed Ricky

>tfw the next film won't be out for another full year and it's cars 3

>It took the lifespan of zootopia to get 4 bad reviews
>Finding Dory has just come out

Nah, but I'm sure it will be a fine movie

>Pixar
>Disney
>implying the critics aren't getting paid

Disney can't buy people's opinions.

>wahh pixar bias

kill yourself.

>Pixar Bias
Tell that to Cars, Cars 2 and Brave.

>assuming earlier reviewers can't be paid to write reviews

You do realize they do get paid to write reviews. It's their job.

assume these reviews are 100% true
>Disney succeeds with frozen
>Disney succeeds with Zootopia
>this
>Animated movie with The Rock electrifies all.
>Dreamfinder and Figment come back and make Journey into imagination great again.
>???
>Disney master plan works.
>I can experience the fact that Disney is great again.
So that's my theory of what happens next for Disney.

who else expecting this movie to make a billion dollars

>This shit is literally a half assed cash in to the original

actual jew here.
I don't know how they (or in this case "we") do it. But I do have ideas.

They built up SUCH good vibes when their movies were more original, and less predictably sentimental all in exactly the same way, that people convince themselves they're seeing the same spontaneity again.

They're not.

They lost me at Up, when the start convincingly made me emotional but then it was jammed together with a movie full of talking dogs. I felt like the grab for my emotions was fake.

And that's how it's been with every Pixar since.

That's a funny way of spelling Bruce.

>tfw Kubo comes out in two months

Hope it's good after the mess that was Box Trolls

I WANT to like you, Laika

>Something I don't like was well received, They must have been paid off
>Something that I like got top score, is a completely legit score and they are professional reviewers.

All the fucking time.

>implying pixar has a perfect track record

I was actually expecting this to be a let-down. GG Pixar, see you at the Oscars, again...

Dammit, Onion. This actually made me sad.

I doubt they're getting paid and are just incredibly biased towards Disney and Pixar

Make Disney Great Again

When it comes to Pixar, don't bother trying to argue with Sup Forums. They'll defend any of their shitty films to the death of them, unless it's Cars. Same applies to any Disney film.

Really hoping this movie is an actual good Pixar film. Inside Out was good at first, but after re watching it falls apart.

They haven't made anything amazing since Ratatouille.

Please don't fuck that up like you did with Box Trolls Lakia, I beg you.

That pic is funny because Warner owns both DC and Rotten Tomatoes.

Found a new trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=S9n-9bFkkkI

Brave has a 78%, dude. It should have a 28%.

You can already tell just from the trailers it will be at least better than that. Whether or not it's as good as ParaNorman remains to be seen.

Ever since it got announced, I've been trying to call the plot:

Does she find her family, not to be remembered, and decide Martin and Nemo + company were her family all along?

Wouldn't it be neat if film critics could review movies without knowing who made them? Like those blind taste tests where the tasters end up rating expensive brand food that they think they like better more poorly than cheaper ones they would normally not buy. If Brave could somehow be put to that test I think a lot of people would mistake it for a different studio.

They will definitely make a point that Marlin and Nemo are her "real" family at some point, no matter what else happens. It very well could be the lesson at the end or a climax near the end, but they also could get it out of the way and brush it off quickly at the very beginning with a line like "I know you guys are my family now, but I still want to find my mom and dad. Will you help me?"

does it have a depressing ending?

Make Imagination Great Again.

>It took the lifespan of zootopia to get 4 bad reviews
>lifespan

You furfags are really fucking stupid.

Jeremy Jahns said it has three endings But the real ending is sort of abrupt.

Are critics nowadays blinded by anything Disney produces? Their movies are fine and all but nothing really extraordinary.

Do we have to wait til the DVD comes out to get the other endings?

Now I'm wondering if I should see it right away in case there's a bad audience reaction and they swap endings. Is that possible here?

He meant it was like RotK when you thought it was going to wrap up but kept going for another few minutes..

Ah, I see.

>conspiracy
I bet you thought frozen was good

>someone makes a post
>someone else shitposts
>gets a (you)

All the fucking time.

Literally just got back.
It's basically this. There's no need for it to exist, but it doesn't offend anyone by existing. See it on a matinee.

>about disability and how people with disabilities are treated

Hm. That actually makes it sound like an interesting concept.

I'll give you Cars 2, but Cars and Brave are both in the 70's.

If they were made by a studio like DreamWorks they'd be lucky to make it to 60%.

Pixar formula:

1.) make generic animated film
2.) at one or two scenes loaded with emotional manipulation
3.) put that logo with the lamp out in front of the film
3.) sit back and watch as critics hail it as a masterpiece and you win Oscar after Oscar over superior competition because 'muh Pixar feels' trump all

Yes.
Doesn't hurt that Ellen Degeneres is the main character, and everyone seems to suck up to her.

Add the Pixar bias reviewers have, the speculation that there are gay characters and voila! You've got a critically acclaimed film that'll undeservedly win the Oscar over Zootopia!

P.S. That "The Force Awakens" has a 92% on RT should be enough to invalidate the majority of modern film critics

Katawa Sakana when?

>implying Disney can't hire 70 "professional reviewers" to pad their reviews/make other films look bad.

Marvelshill still made BvS was better than Civil Bore

Zack please leave

Why are you shitposting about BvS in a Pixar thread

>SAVE ME REDDIT

Marvel BTFO

>make a good film that people like
>Receive praise and money as a result

Funny how that works, huh?

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this were the case.

I mean, we're talking about fucking Disney here. They literally ARE the film industry, and have been for the past few years.

Of course there is the occasional flop, but it always seems like the films they make that aren't critically loved are ones that are not vital -- i.e. non-franchise films or original films (Alice in Wonderland is only two films and Tomorrowland wasn't a franchise yet so its failure was confined to one film).

Then again there's always the chance that critics are just blinded by nostalgia and their childhood, and can't bear giving a movie surrounding one of the cartoon characters they grew up with being bad. Also the cult-like nature of Ellen's fans and people towards her makes me contemplate the existence of the illuminati, much like Beyonce's success does.

Film critics nit-pick movies for a living..except when it comes to Disney films it seems. Those they handle with kid gloves and judge on the basis of "fun".

Also it's one thing to say a film is good, it is another to go all in an throw praise like 'best animated film of all time' around like they do with the majority of Pixar films which, let's face it, are for the most part vastly overrated.

Just got back from an early showing a few hours ago and I must say, it's surprisingly good for a sequel, considering how godlessly awful sequels usually are.
Solid 7.5/10

Charlie and Jenny are okay

He's a fuckin septapus user

I can't wait to see it, I love water and fish and ocean life and I loved finding nemo because of that. Like looking at aquariums for 2 hours

SPOIL THE FUCKING ENDING

How many Blue Tangs are going to die this year because retarded parents put them in goldfish bowls full of tapwater like the clownfish of old?

not sure why you care, it changes nothing between us and animation inustry

For people who have seen the film, I just want to know:

Are those chicks in the trailer actually confirmed for lesbians or was tumblr just pulling that out of their asses?

go to any bookstore. the whole story is in children's books.

Who the fuck cares? They're fish.

It was kind of nice seeing this in the petstore last week.

Matt Singer
ScreenCrush:

>After 21 years, the Pixar formula is still very satisfying. But it also feels more like a formula than ever before.

sure i kinda cherrypicked this one, but it confirms modern movies aren't made anymore, they're produced.

Name a good movie that was "made" in the last five years.

I'll wait.

I bet he still caved and gave it a good review though.

And yes, while I realize movies have always been "produced" at least older films gave the impression that there was an actual artist behind the camera. I know it isn't all Disney's fault, but I feel like they've only made this issue worse in the past couple years and have accelerated it to the point where it is very difficult to defend films (at least mainstream films) as an art-form.

Give me studio filmmakers like George Stevens, William Wyler, Fred Zinneman, and Billy Wilder over 99% of modern "filmmakers."

There are definitely good movies still being made, but they pale in comparison to older films.

Honestly I get 10 times more satisfaction watching stuff on TCM than I would going to the theaters to see whatever shlock is being produced these days.

Older Movies > "Produced" Movies > "Made" Movies

I'll take mediocre shit over genuinely terrible shit. We're lucky anyone is even making movies anymore instead of just killing themselves anyway. Movies almost don't belong in today's climate.

Who should I blame for these shitty fucking RT bait threads? Sup Forums?

>Give me studio filmmakers like George Stevens, William Wyler, Fred Zinneman, and Billy Wilder over 99% of modern "filmmakers."

My brother! Classical film-making=best film-making

Eventually you'll get bored and join the rest of the world as it produces new content.